So... Where are the male Jedi companions?

Pricia

Gus is in fact a Jedi in training/. He isn't your standard Jedi but then neither are Nadia or Jaease.

No one commented on the fact that a female player Jedi who gives into Doc the first time gets darkside points. But not the second time. While a male Jedi receives no darkside points for seducing Kira. That is what is sexist.

On the other hand, Doc actually marries your female Jedi. on screen. Sith warrior supposedly marries Vette but its off camera. Otherwise no one else actually has a wedding, they only talk about it happening at some point. On Bounthy Hunter, Maco just slices into all the dataases and lists you as married.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gus is in fact a Jedi in training/. He isn't your standard Jedi but then neither are Nadia or Jaease.

No one commented on the fact that a female player Jedi who gives into Doc the first time gets darkside points. But not the second time. While a male Jedi receives no darkside points for seducing Kira. That is what is sexist.

On the other hand, Doc actually marries your female Jedi. on screen. Sith warrior supposedly marries Vette but its off camera. Otherwise no one else actually has a wedding, they only talk about it happening at some point. On Bounthy Hunter, Maco just slices into all the dataases and lists you as married.

Doesn't Consular and Felix get married?

Like strongholds and outfits, how players relate to their companions fulfills part of the space-barbie aspect of the game, and in all three cases, Bioware grossly underestimated from the very onset just how much some players would relish and cherish those aspects, and I'm not really sure there's a quick fix for it at this point.

Been awhile since I did the Iresso romance but I recall him discussing it with you and how he wants it to be big ceremony, I don't recall anything beyond that. Again been awhile so I may be forgetting something.

I've rolled multiple Consulars, and I recall the talk of marriage, I also thought it stated they were married in a letter, but I don't recall.

I have no doubt it's because the male player shan't feel threatened by another male force user alpha dog on the team. Just doesn't go well with the power fantasy. Plus the whole oh so sexy male master + female apprentice stuff.

Agreed 100% when this game first came out you also had the issue of the same armor set looking normal and practical on male characters but randomly skimpy or revealing on female characters. There's also the fact that every vanilla female companion aside from SCORPIO (which you can still hit on) if you count her is a romance option for male characters but there are plenty of varied non-romanceable male companions both humanoid and not. It was a different time back then.

My first few jedi definitely got DS points for romancing Kira (and for the fling with the Twilek on Tython). I don't know when they stopped that but it had to be years after release. It was one of the only things I did with my Jedi that gave them DS points (they also execute the mad scientist on Manaan). But I stopped paying attention because pretty much all of them get maxxed out LS points easily these days and DS/LS is meaningless...

Edited by WaywardOne

My first few jedi definitely got DS points for romancing Kira (and for the fling with the Twilek on Tython). I don't know when they stopped that but it had to be years after release. It was one of the only things I did with my Jedi that gave them DS points (they also execute the mad scientist on Manaan). But I stopped paying attention because pretty much all of them get maxxed out LS points easily these days and DS/LS is meaningless...

I was wondering if they sometimes get rid of Dark/Light side points, because I could swear there were moments in KotET that I got Dark/Light side points, that I don't now.

You still get DS points for the initial flirts with her. And you still get DS points for "breaking the Jedi Code" with Ranna Tao'Ven in the beginning. So that has not been taken out. Maybe they reduced it a bit once the initial flirting is over, but it definitely is still in there.

Edited by Eranis

I was wondering if they sometimes get rid of Dark/Light side points, because I could swear there were moments in KotET that I got Dark/Light side points, that I don't now.

If you max out your LS points any new points will reverse your DS points (and vice versa). So eventually it's like they never happened.

If you max out your LS points any new points will reverse your DS points (and vice versa). So eventually it's like they never happened.

Well, I know DvL make the choices not matter as much. Being LS5 and they act like I never did a DS act.

However, what I meant, is it seems they made some choices stop giving Dark and Light Side Points. I could be misremembering them however.