BioWare, GTN prices are insane, its time to do something

ShieldProtection

But we are not talking about 50K we are talking about 100K with a large reduction in the overall conquest points obtainable

Topic of this thead is the on-goign super inflation and why it is a thing. Of course we are talking about Conq as it has been for 18 months or so.

I dislike many of the changes they doing to conquest because of it. Messing around with weeklies and making them rotating is a terrible idea. Nerfing crredits and setting points required to 2 x or 3 x is kinda understandable. Ensuring Warzones and Flashpoints don't drag behind when compared to planetaries and all the rest should be a priority. Turning weeklies into resetting/rotating thng is an utterly wretched disservice to everybody and for pvp in particular.

It is ridiculous they allowed this to continue for almost two years. As soon as reaching conq target stopped being a thing you do in one evening and started being a thing you do in 10-30 mins, amount of credits everybody creartes blew through the roof. Sure took them long enough to take an interest, lol

Edited by Stradlin

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Topic of this thead is the on-goign super inflation and why it is a thing. Of course we are talking about Conq as it has been for 18 months or so.

I dislike many of the changes they doing to conquest because of it. Messing around with weeklies and making them rotating is a terrible idea. Nerfing crredits and setting points required to 2 x or 3 x is kinda understandable. Ensuring Warzones and Flashpoints don't drag behind when compared to planetaries and all the rest should be a priority. Turning weeklies into resetting/rotating thng is an utterly wretched disservice to everybody and for pvp in particular.

It is ridiculous they allowed this to continue for almost two years. As soon as reaching conq target stopped being a thing you do in one evening and started being a thing you do in 10-30 mins, amount of credits everybody creartes blew through the roof. Sure took them long enough to take an interest, lol

The issue is that people keep thinking the GTN is a real world economy where supply and demand curtails pricing. It is much more like and auction house (or really like ebay with it's minimum bid). The high price items on the GTN are more like unique items and cutting income for everyone in the game will do nothing to reduce those prices (in a real world economy you need to sell inventory to keep afloat, in the game economy there is no such need and you can sit on an item until it sells with no risk to your finances). In a "real world" example, If you had a rare coin that there are only a few of in existence and wanted 100 million for it, you wouldn't lower the price because it didn't sell, you'd just keep "listing" it knowing someone would eventually buy it or you would just keep it not needing the money. All of this pain inflicted on the players has no chance to do what Bioware says they want to do. It will likely cause additonal inflation in other items because people will not have the disposable income to spend on increasing the supply (and thus competition). People being able to buy up all of a certain item on the GTN (because they have essentially an already inexhaustible supply of credits) is what leads to inflation.

Perhaps a luxury tax of 2% of your total wealth (account wide) if it is over 500 million every month would be an effective drain and increase "market" competition..

There are some pretty nice sets you can craft or purchase from the adaptive vendor on fleet. Before I was lucky enough to loot Revan's armor during an event, I actually made my own version of his armor by purchasing low level greens off the GTN that resembled his look. My point is the cartel sets are desirable but you can achieve some nice looks on a budget. One of my favorite sets is one I crafted for my agent that looks exactly like gear set when you are in character creation screen. Also, if you loot the crates from heroics and have at least one character with an Odesson base you can unlock those crates and get some nice armor out of it. I also shop around. I mean I will literally stalk the GTN on a couple of servers and buy the best deal. I refuse to pay these high prices and I am no where near billions of credits. I may have spent that much in the 10 years of playing though. :p

i think that bioware most do notting against the GTN prices if there become insane at some point.

its more the same thing you see in other MMO game's where there is a action house system that the price are alway's diffrend each day and sometime's each hour.

its more how high the ask for that item is how high the request the higher price become's and if there is a low request off that item then the price become's low on the GTN.

its with black/black dye also going to happing soon.

now its in the cartal market so the price for selling it is going low since you can buy it from the cartel market.

but when its gone from the cartel market the price's become high again and people ask more credits for it since you only can buy it from other players and not more from the cartel market.

and its not with the black/black dye its with all the cartel market items.

there are some items on the GTN you cant buy any more from the cartel market since there have remove it from the cartel market for good and its not coming back so the asking price for items like that will become more insame at some point and people that have a lot off then have luck and can ask any price for it since you cant get it any more from the cartel market.