Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

DvL Despawn Trolls still a major issue

Paragonis

Is it possible to do anything about trolls (one player/guild in particular honestly at least for Star Forge) that deliberately go to all the Dark vs. Light bosses and attack them so they despawn and no one else can attack them and get the achievements? I know people have asked about increasing the respawn timer on the bosses, because there is now at least one player who flies around to all the spawn points and if they encounter a boss, they deliberately despawn them. Just today, one waited, stealthed next to the boss, and once a group started coming in via flagship transport, they attacked, died, respawned, and started taunting people via whisper.

A bunch of us sent in CS tickets for weeks now each time it happens, but nothing seems to be happening.

did you get any screen shots? if you did, you can email them directly to either a CM here, or to support@swtor.com and label it as harassment, which it is. Also, if it happens again, and the <redacted> whispers, make sure that everyone they whisper, reports it as harassment too.

I'm not sure if they'll ever change the respawn, but if enough people keep reporting the harassers maybe they'll grow up enough to stop

When the victory state lasted for an hour, this made sense. But now that victory states last for 18 hours, it is a terrible idea to keep the bosses from respawning.

These bosses need to have a twenty minute respawn.

I agree, but the issue is a troll is causing hassle, is being a <redacted> and BW appears not to be dealing with it.

That also needs to be dealt with.

They should just make it so that they don't despawn. I don't see a reason why such things have to be tedious to begin with.

Did you not see a reason?!? :mad:

I did see a reason.

24 players versus one player.

One player is a troll.

We've see him, what he attack on DvL and alone?

three times, same person, same player name.

1. Gorso

2. Chanta

3. Preeta (yesterday)

That's not fun. :mad:

Edited by Unterlord

I agree, but the issue is a troll is causing hassle, is being a <redacted> and BW appears not to be dealing with it.

That also needs to be dealt with.

I’m not justifying the trolling/griefing, but a faster respawn timer limits the amount of damage the troll/griefer can do. If the troll/griefer pulls the boss now, the entire group is out of luck for probably a couple of days, since a different faction could be in control when the victory state ends, or the side will have to build up again. If they reduce the respawn timers the most the troll could do is delay for 20 minutes.

When the victory state lasted for an hour, this made sense. But now that victory states last for 18 hours, it is a terrible idea to keep the bosses from respawning.

These bosses need to have a twenty minute respawn.

I guess that depends on how it would really work. What I want is for the DvL boss to not leave its designated area (a.k.a despawn) if an attack does not take the boss down. That would resolve the issue with griefers that OP is upset about. It gives a single player way too much control when the boss despawns after combat is initiated and fails to down the boss. I'm sure there have been plenty of players who have encountered a DvL boss on the world they were roaming and attacked it only to belatedly discover the boss hits like a truck and they quickly wipe.

I would be fine with DvL bosses only despawning by either being defeated or expiration of the LS or DS victory state.

out of luck

I agree, yes!

SWTOR will slowly die out and shut down of servers when you did said ''out of luck''

That's bad and sad.

This year comes new expansion and players return new games.

New Players and Veteran Players, well.

July 2020 - Peak Players - 27.000 to 37.000

June 2021 - Peak Players - 9.000 to 19.000

perhaps

December 2021 - Peak Players - 27.000 to 37.000

or more!

Edited by Unterlord

I guess that depends on how it would really work. What I want is for the DvL boss to not leave its designated area (a.k.a despawn) if an attack does not take the boss down. That would resolve the issue with griefers that OP is upset about. It gives a single player way too much control when the boss despawns after combat is initiated and fails to down the boss. I'm sure there have been plenty of players who have encountered a DvL boss on the world they were roaming and attacked it only to belatedly discover the boss hits like a truck and they quickly wipe.

I would be fine with DvL bosses only despawning by either being defeated or expiration of the LS or DS victory state.

That’s fairly reasonable. But also a reduced respawn timer on top would open it up for more players. So maybe BioWare could implement both ideas as well as responding to the obvious reports of trolling.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.