Awhile back i saw the announced these new pvp brackets

Previous brackets:

Levels 10-42

Levels 43-74

Level 75

Current brackets:

Levels 10-74

Level 75

I came back few days ago to see the chaos that would be this new 10-74 bracket change. I play with a friend and we always duo together. We quickly noticed with our new fresh toons that we were still getting the 10-42/43-74 brackets regardless of the DEVs saying they changed them.

It was more apparently earlier when i pinged 43 and they got 42, that we were unable to que together due to old bracket system still in effect. Did they change their stance on the new que system or does it only effect solo que and not party que. I havnt been able to find any information on this so looking here for more clarification.

thanks in advance!

Awhile back i saw the announced these new pvp brackets

Previous brackets:

Levels 10-42

Levels 43-74

Level 75

Current brackets:

Levels 10-74

Level 75

I came back few days ago to see the chaos that would be this new 10-74 bracket change. I play with a friend and we always duo together. We quickly noticed with our new fresh toons that we were still getting the 10-42/43-74 brackets regardless of the DEVs saying they changed them.

It was more apparently earlier when i pinged 43 and they got 42, that we were unable to que together due to old bracket system still in effect. Did they change their stance on the new que system or does it only effect solo que and not party que. I havnt been able to find any information on this so looking here for more clarification.

thanks in advance!

That’s not happening to me and my wife. We can group on any character lvl mix between 10-74 and queue. I’ve tested this just the other night where she was on a lvl 71 and I was on a lvl 23.

That’s not happening to me and my wife. We can group on any character lvl mix between 10-74 and queue. I’ve tested this just the other night where she was on a lvl 71 and I was on a lvl 23.

Yup, my low levels keep getting stuck in matches with 70+

I was in a 4 man Guild group this afternoon. Matches together we had all 10-42. Once I hit 43 and que'd up as group I got a different pop then them. My solo pop put me in a PvP match with 43 and up. They got a 42 and lower match. Maybe when enough people are on they actually group up levels to make it fair? Was just strange that we got seperated pops once i hit 43

I was in a 4 man Guild group this afternoon. Matches together we had all 10-42. Once I hit 43 and que'd up as group I got a different pop then them. My solo pop put me in a PvP match with 43 and up. They got a 42 and lower match. Maybe when enough people are on they actually group up levels to make it fair? Was just strange that we got seperated pops once i hit 43

Sounds more like a bug than anything.

Yeah, we were just confused by the way the new system worked. Wasn't sure if it was bugged after tuesday maint/patch or we were just that small minority of not getting the new pvp system bracket.

We tested out solo ques and still were just getting 43-74, made new toons and did about 15 matches and also only had 10-42 with those new toons we did in separate queues. At this point just confused becouse i was looking forward to actually playing with the new system since sometimes it sucks waiting so long for the pvp queues, and we play during the high pop times just fyi.

Yeah, we were just confused by the way the new system worked. Wasn't sure if it was bugged after tuesday maint/patch or we were just that small minority of not getting the new pvp system bracket.

We tested out solo ques and still were just getting 43-74, made new toons and did about 15 matches and also only had 10-42 with those new toons we did in separate queues. At this point just confused because I was looking forward to actually playing with the new system since sometimes it sucks waiting so long for the pvp queues, and we play during the high pop times just fyi.

My take on it is they reversed the new brackets cause they got so much heat about it. Didn't say anything about the change in recent patch notes, due to fact if they did they would have to admit they made a mistake. The DEV team making a mistake, got called out for it, didn't want to acknowledge the mistake, secretly reversed it, but don't want to say it. So they can look better in the eyes of players, yet it makes them look even worse by doing it this way. Instead of just coming out saying, "Hey we made a mistake, we fixed it and enjoy."

Edited by BallisticKaine

My take on it is they reversed the new brackets cause they got so much heat about it. Didn't say anything about the change in recent patch notes, due to fact if they did they would have to admit they made a mistake. The DEV team making a mistake, got called out for it, didn't want to acknowledge the mistake, secretly reversed it, but don't want to say it. So they can look better in the eyes of players, yet it makes them look even worse by doing it this way. Instead of just coming out saying, "Hey we made a mistake, we fixed it and enjoy."

No, they haven't reversed it, my low levels are getting stuck in matches with high levels. It might be that when enough people queue, the system tries to keep the same levels together, as the one said they queue during peak times. So it could be why they are getting a better mix?

No, they haven't reversed it, my low levels are getting stuck in matches with high levels. It might be that when enough people queue, the system tries to keep the same levels together, as the one said they queue during peak times. So it could be why they are getting a better mix?

Well me and my fellow guild mates have solo queued at different times of the day and gotten the old brackets. Also to be in a 4 man guild group and get different pops cause one of us was 43 while the other 3 were under says different.

I que lowbies a lot, and there are plenty of poor newbies getting rolled by lv 43+. There is no unlisted bracket change.

Welp just had 2 matches at 1015 AM PST 1 arena that had all 43 and above characters and a hypergate that was the same. So none peak time for the server and getting old bracket pops. And for clarification there is two fleet instances and the one I am on has 85 people.

Edited by BallisticKaine

Welp just had 2 matches at 1015 AM PST 1 arena that had all 43 and above characters and a hypergate that was the same. So none peak time for the server and getting old bracket pops. And for clarification there is two fleet instances and the one I am on has 85 people.

well you must have a lucky charm hidden somewhere, because 3 people have told you they are experiencing it differently... /shrug

been queing lowbies for the past few days and I think op was right. Brackets are back!

EDIT: did lowbies from 69-75 all where with people above level 42.

leveled from 38-42. All where with people below level 43.

Edited by Wolvel

been queing lowbies for the past few days and I think op was right. Brackets are back!

EDIT: did lowbies from 69-75 all where with people above level 42.

leveled from 38-42. All where with people below level 43.

I think it depends on how many people are in the queue. I have noticed that it tries to keep similar lvls together if there are plenty of people in the queue.

So that only happens during a few hours of primetime. The rest of the time you still have lvl 13s vs lvl 70s.

It also doesn’t break up premades of different lvls as the OP suggests. If that happened it was a bug. I’ve tested this with my wife on a high lvl and me on a low lvl and it didn’t split us up.

I think it depends on how many people are in the queue. I have noticed that it tries to keep similar lvls together if there are plenty of people in the queue.

So that only happens during a few hours of primetime. The rest of the time you still have lvl 13s vs lvl 70s.

It also doesn’t break up premades of different lvls as the OP suggests. If that happened it was a bug. I’ve tested this with my wife on a high lvl and me on a low lvl and it didn’t split us up.

Nope, they just did two community posts regarding the brackets. They are back to 10-42 42-74 and 75. But like I said the team wasn't going to out right say it. We had to make them say it. They made a mistake but didn't want to publicly say it and chalk it up to feed back.

And if you are still getting queues with your wife out of the three brackets. That is a bug

Edited by BallisticKaine