kai zykken tips

karimthejedi

hi guys,

ive read some info on zykken's mechanics (when it comes to rolling) but wanted to check more specifically if the following applies:

when ur trying to roll class or spec-specific items, whats the best way to reduce duplicates popping from general items? i know duplicates dont pop from the former, but i seem to be getting alot of the general, especially the tacticals, and moderately the set bonus items (taskmaster, berseker, stimulated, etc).

until zykken opens again later this week, i was going to try and buy items from the vendor to complete certain achievements. will that help reduce general item rolls?

if im after a specific class, and a specific set bonus (emergency power), should i try to complete the achievements on the general gear or achievements on the class gear, to impact my chances with zykken?

let me know what you think and if you have any secrets :) let them be known :cool:

Karim

KZ's random item box *never* gives duplicates, if you have the thing you don't want duplicated in your inventory.(1)

(1) I think it also won't duplicate what you're wearing.

He does sell duplicates, but only on the useless items. Not sure if that makes it any better though.

General items are exempt from his rules. Only class specific gear follows the no duplicate rules

even if the achievement is completed for a general set bonus? wont he at least *reduce* the duplicates?

@Steve et all, by personal inventory that counts personal cargo hold I assume. This is what ive extensively read online and hope i was correct, as i keep many items there when rolling random.

KZ's random item box *never* gives duplicates, if you have the thing you don't want duplicated in your inventory.(1)

He won't give duplicates on class specific items but he will give duplicates on the general set items.

even if the achievement is completed for a general set bonus? wont he at least *reduce* the duplicates?

@Steve et all, by personal inventory that counts personal cargo hold I assume. This is what ive extensively read online and hope i was correct, as i keep many items there when rolling random.

Sadly, if it’s a general set or tactical, it doesn’t count and you will still get duplicates. I’ve personally got 3 life warden tacticals in a row and we know how common they are.

We don’t call Kai’s random item “Kai Bingo” for nothing.

Something I’ve noticed since 6.3 is other set items or BiS mods, enhancements or even amplifiers, from all sources (except Operations), seem to have had their drop percentages lowered. It wouldn’t surprise me if they did the same with Kai.

What I mean by that is I like to stock pile my conquest and renown crates till I have around 20 to open per character. I used to get a piece of something I was missing ever 2-3rd crate. Now I’m lucky to get 1 in 20 crates. I even tried switching specs to collect ones I didn’t have for specs I don’t usually play and even they aren’t dropping. It also seems amp rerolls will only give you gold now if you’ve locked the lvls. And I can’t remember the last time I had a new item drop that already had a gold amp on it. Most are white now or at best, blue grade amps.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

He won't give duplicates on class specific items but he will give duplicates on the general set items.

He can give class specific items if you purchased the original from the vendor and didn’t mail it to another Alt. If you do that it records. If not, you can get one duplicate of that item from Kai.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Does the same apply when opening all kinds of crates of different grades (e.g. blue, purple, gold) including Renown of course?

Do the crates give new items (class-specific) if we had those items in Personal inventory as opposed to Legacy?

Would be great to know.

Thank you.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Does the same apply when opening all kinds of crates of different grades (e.g. blue, purple, gold) including Renown of course?

Do the crates give new items (class-specific) if we had those items in Personal inventory as opposed to Legacy?

Would be great to know.

Thank you.

Same rules apply to crates too.

that's an important distinction. I kept sets in my legacy hold and ended up with dupes multiple times. yikes!:eek:

I rolled on Zykken just now and strangely I got duplicates of Meteor Brawler, even though I have multiple sets equipped on my Vanguard/PT and I have a full set in personal inventory on the Vanguard I rolled from.

That was strange. I wonder if it's bugged.