More from our companions

OldVengeance

I know this is an old and oft repeated request, but I really think we should be seeing more scenes from our returned companions, especially in situations where they logically would or should be involved.

I think the fact that it's so often requested is a sign of how important it is. I think most of us are still feeling pretty starved for content from our love interests, and there's quite a lot of them.

I don't have a problem with interacting with Lana, but it's starting to become really awkward that I'm having these emotional goodbyes with her instead of my characters' actual wives/love interests. I'm legitimately starting to wonder if the implication is that Lana is in love with the Outlander, regardless of relationship status.

Shouldn't Jaesa or Vette or Quinn have something to say before or after we finally defeated Tenebrae? They were all there when the Warrior became the Emperor's Wrath.

What about Doc? He was there when the Jedi Knight struck him down on Dromund Kaas. Or the Consular companions? Fighting the Emperor's Children was an extension of fighting him.

But it's not just Echoes of Oblivion that I'm talking about here.

Shouldn't the Jedi companions be involved in Task Force Nova's quest to rebuild the Jedi? Shouldn't the Republic/Imperial soldiers have comments on the progress of the war? Shouldn't the Sith have comments on the state of politics in the Sith Empire?

I've said this before, but, at the very least we should get emails from our love interests. Are they really that hard? It seemed like they were doing that for a while, but I don't think they've continued those since Umbara.

Speaking for myself, there was a split second where I was excited that maybe Nadia was back because Sal-Daron had Nadia's new haircut.

I'll admit that this is one example from my own biases, but I think if you're looking for a character that could be present for all Republic characters, Nadia fits the bill. She was right there alongside Tau and Gnost-Dural on Ossus, she theoretically would still be working with them, one would think. I know that Consulars can reject her, but she presumably goes right back to the Jedi Order if you do that.

Not saying that she should be a companion for everyone, but couldn't she at least be present for the Jedi Order/Task Force Nova scenes?

Edited by OldVengeance

Or the Consular companions? Fighting the Emperor's Children was an extension of fighting him.

My Consular would have preferred to have Felix Iresso and Zenith present in the story, starting with Ossus. Why? They are both soldiers, have a lot of experience, know how to a battlefield situation. That part on Ossus when

you have to blow up the Geonosian cave, i wonder how would have Zenith handled the situation, since he knows a lot about explosives - see Consular story, the part about rescuing the Resistance members arrested by the Sith lady governor.

I'm legitimately starting to wonder if the implication is that Lana is in love with the Outlander, regardless of relationship status.

I'm not sure how you can be *only* "starting to wonder" at this point. It has been pretty much totally obvious right from the start, when you first meet her on Manaan or (for Impsiders) on Vaikrn Spacedock. You know, in the Prelude to Revan stuff.

Even Theron Shan, who's supposed to be Lana's Republic side mirror/parallel companion, is sidelined.

At least give us some companion letters.

Respectfully:

Please ... not JUST letters. Some serious cash needs to be set aside for the resurgence of interactions with companions. Yes I am aware of the number of languages involved.

Additionally:

Things are getting so boring lately it's enough to put me sound asleep !!

GOOD GRIEF Charlie Brown !!!

The team is as good as any out there !! Give them the $$$$ support that they need and get this game back on it's feet again !!

I figure its been at least a month game time wise since Koth Vortena asked my bounty hunter to have lunch. Given its Koth and I'm not certain he and Lana aren't meeting on the side, I took it to actually mean lunch (that btw would be an interesting story line to actually follow,) So when he is going to issue the next invitation?

Then there are the never before romancible classs companions who are now. But other than Jedi Knight asking an overly emotional Lord Scourge if he would like to go for a walk I've seen nothing after the initial flirting that started the jedi knight romance with Scourge or lightside Jaessa on sith warrior. I have no interest in a certain sith inquisitor romance.

And we need some Jedi jealousy. When your flirting with Tau Idair in Jedi Under Siege seems to go nowhere because she seems to have become obsessed with her padawan in Onslaught so you decide to flirt with Master Sal-Deron, Tau needs to get jealous later on.

Another change for drama, let Arn Peralun be romancable and Tau not like it.

My imperial agent is still waiting for that date with Major Anri.

And I'm sure I mentioned this before, but Zenith needs to return and like ls Jaesa with the sith warrior, admit he's been hiding his feelings for the jedi consular.

Respectfully:

Please ... not JUST letters. Some serious cash needs to be set aside for the resurgence of interactions with companions. Yes I am aware of the number of languages involved.

Additionally:

The team is as good as any out there !! Give them the $$$$ support that they need and get this game back on it's feet again !!

They could make an companion valentine's day DLC and I'll bite.

A special valentine's day pack for your LI.

Make 8 clasee-specific packages. (One class has 2 or 3 LI)

One KOTXX package. (Theron, Lana, Korh, Arcann)

Make all of the LI available to both genders because why not?

Buy and unlock a special romantic scene of our LI saying something romantic, *kiss*, and *fade to black*

Trust me, BW, I'll pay real $$$$$$ for it.

I figure its been at least a month game time wise since Koth Vortena asked my bounty hunter to have lunch. Given its Koth and I'm not certain he and Lana aren't meeting on the side, I took it to actually mean lunch (that btw would be an interesting story line to actually follow,) So when he is going to issue the next invitation?

Then there are the never before romancible classs companions who are now. But other than Jedi Knight asking an overly emotional Lord Scourge if he would like to go for a walk I've seen nothing after the initial flirting that started the jedi knight romance with Scourge or lightside Jaessa on sith warrior. I have no interest in a certain sith inquisitor romance.

[...]

My imperial agent is still waiting for that date with Major Anri.

Yes! The teasing of possible follow up scenes that never come is really annoying. All those newely started romances with old companions that are finally available after all those years had the initial start-the-romance-scene and then nothing. Gimme something! (and not just a letter).

Edited by Eranis

They could make an companion valentine's day DLC and I'll bite.

A special valentine's day pack for your LI.

Make 8 clasee-specific packages. (One class has 2 or 3 LI)

One KOTXX package. (Theron, Lana, Korh, Arcann)

Make all of the LI available to both genders because why not?

Buy and unlock a special romantic scene of our LI saying something romantic, *kiss*, and *fade to black*

Trust me, BW, I'll pay real $$$$$$ for it.

I wouldn't have to think twice about buying if there was a DLC/chapter like the ME3 Citadel DLC to re-connect with our LI's and companions whether they be new or old. I know it'll never happen but I can dream.

Edited by BlueShiftRecall

Yes! The teasing of possible follow up scenes that never come is really annoying. All those newely started romances with old companions that are finally available after all those years had the initial start-the-romance-scene and then nothing. Gimme something! (and not just a letter).

Yes! This. This is kind of a big part of why I bring this up. Nadia told my Consular that we didn't have to lose any more time together, and that was the last thing she said to me, two years ago. It also stands out because the Nadia/FemConsular romance is still in its early stages compared to an already married Nadia. Not saying there shouldn't be differences, but it would be nice to eventually be able to hear some of those marriage lines as a female Nadia romance.

Unlike any version of the Jaesa reunion romances, starting a new romance with Nadia also doesn't feature either partner say "I love you" to the other yet. It feels like there's still a lot more Nadia romance left to see. It's even more pronounced with the newer same sex romance options with Dorne and Vector.

And Jaesa herself is a character that would seem to be *super* useful to have around. She could help the Warrior uncover treacherous Sith OR hunt down the Jedi OR even wading into battle on the front lines.

I think there's sort of the potential for an interesting dynamic with her and Lana being around. There would probably be a bit of tension given that Jaesa tried to kill her before. And I can almost picture Lana being a little bewildered with her being around, especially given how much her attitude towards the Warrior would have changed since the battle they fought on Iokath.

And the bottom line is that I'm still bitter that they made us wait all those years for her to come back only to ruin the reunion with that stupid awful hood they made her wear in the cutscene. I keep hoping we'll get another romantic moment together now that I've given her proper gear that won't make her look bald.

Knowing Dark Jaesa, she actually probably would have quite a bit to say after the defeat of Tenebrae.

Given how attracted she is to power, how devoted she is to the Wrath, and how much she loves destroying her enemies, I genuinely think the Wrath destroying the most dangerous being in the galaxy would be a massive turn on for her. It would have been nice to get an email about how excited she is to be back now, especially since she missed the first time Vitiate was destroyed.

Edited by OldVengeance

Yes! This. This is kind of a big part of why I bring this up. Nadia told my Consular that we didn't have to lose any more time together, and that was the last thing she said to me, two years ago. It also stands out because the Nadia/FemConsular romance is still in its early stages compared to an already married Nadia. Not saying there shouldn't be differences, but it would be nice to eventually be able to hear some of those marriage lines as a female Nadia romance.

Unlike any version of the Jaesa reunion romances, starting a new romance with Nadia also doesn't feature either partner say "I love you" to the other yet. It feels like there's still a lot more Nadia romance left to see. It's even more pronounced with the newer same sex romance options with Dorne and Vector.

And Jaesa herself is a character that would seem to be *super* useful to have around. She could help the Warrior uncover treacherous Sith OR hunt down the Jedi OR even wading into battle on the front lines.

I think there's sort of the potential for an interesting dynamic with her and Lana being around. There would probably be a bit of tension given that Jaesa tried to kill her before. And I can almost picture Lana being a little bewildered with her being around, especially given how much her attitude towards the Warrior would have changed since the battle they fought on Iokath.

And the bottom line is that I'm still bitter that they made us wait all those years for her to come back only to ruin the reunion with that stupid awful hood they made her wear in the cutscene. I keep hoping we'll get another romantic moment together now that I've given her proper gear that won't make her look bald.

Knowing Dark Jaesa, she actually probably would have quite a bit to say after the defeat of Tenebrae.

Given how attracted she is to power, how devoted she is to the Wrath, and how much she loves destroying her enemies, I genuinely think the Wrath destroying the most dangerous being in the galaxy would be a massive turn on for her. It would have been nice to get an email about how excited she is to be back now, especially since she missed the first time Vitiate was destroyed.

This would work only for warrior, but not for some of the other classes. Let's say DS Jaesa will get more screen time, why would my LS bounty hunter want to recruit her or even have her around? Or LS Consular? Or smuggler? How would she fit in ?

Major Anri, Empress Acina, and the one I'm waiting for the most...Companion version of Darth Malora that can be romanced/married on Empire side. Opportunity there, with her having a unique look, and prior history with Imperial force users.

This would work only for warrior, but not for some of the other classes. Let's say DS Jaesa will get more screen time, why would my LS bounty hunter want to recruit her or even have her around? Or LS Consular? Or smuggler? How would she fit in ?

I think there is room for at least some class specific content in the game. They did do that with Elara and Vector after all. Not all companions even make sense with all Outlanders, and even with people like Elara, a lot of her content is based on her history with the Trooper, so it makes sense why only they got the Alliance Alert.

One of the other things I find myself hoping for is that other people comment on your romance, even if only briefly.

I remember hoping that maybe Tenebrae would maybe threaten to go after them at some point during some of his story missions. Sort of like "And when I'm done here, maybe I'l lvisit that [iNSERT LOVE INTEREST NICKNAME] of yours."

Maybe Vaylin could still do that at some point in the future.

Major Anri, Empress Acina, and the one I'm waiting for the most...Companion version of Darth Malora that can be romanced/married on Empire side. Opportunity there, with her having a unique look, and prior history with Imperial force users.

I know they seem to be working on some romances with characters like Anri, and Arn, (and maybe Rivix?) but there comes a point where if they have to choose between giving us more content with our old ones, I hope they put a hold on newer romances. If they keep adding new ones, does that force them to spread all of them thinner?

I'm not sure how you can be *only* "starting to wonder" at this point. It has been pretty much totally obvious right from the start, when you first meet her on Manaan or (for Impsiders) on Vaikrn Spacedock. You know, in the Prelude to Revan stuff.

Well, when people would say this before, it seemed like an exaggeration. I thought maybe she had an unspoken attraction, at best. Now, though, her non-romantic dialogue (and performance) seem to be loaded with almost the kind of emotion you'd expect from a romantic scene. I almost started to wonder if there was a bug or something. There's actually quite a contrast to how she behaves around the Outlander in early Knights of the Fallen Empire compared to say, the Nathema Conspiracy.

Maybe that's intentional, to give people another chance to romance her in the future?

Edited by OldVengeance

I totally agree. I feel the exact same way about the Scourge-romance. Considering his background there should have been a little more than we got. I guess it's not a big deal for people who have just started playing recently, but some of us have literally waited years to finally get some of the romances going (or our old ones back). One Alliance Alert per LI would have been nice after Tenebrae was done and gone.

I think there is room for at least some class specific content in the game. They did do that with Elara and Vector after all. Not all companions even make sense with all Outlanders, and even with people like Elara, a lot of her content is based on her history with the Trooper, so it makes sense why only they got the Alliance Alert.

I was really happy with the Elara and Vector AA, so my hopes went up that we'd see more of this stuff, but apperantly their budget is too tight.

One of the other things I find myself hoping for is that other people comment on your romance, even if only briefly.

I remember hoping that maybe Tenebrae would maybe threaten to go after them at some point during some of his story missions. Sort of like "And when I'm done here, maybe I'l lvisit that [iNSERT LOVE INTEREST NICKNAME] of yours."

Maybe Vaylin could still do that at some point in the future.

That would be great. It does not even take that much to add compared to a full fledged Alliance Alert. Or more stuff like the

Torian

scene before SoV.

I know they seem to be working on some romances with characters like Anri, and Arn, (and maybe Rivix?) but there comes a point where if they have to choose between giving us more content with our old ones, I hope they put a hold on newer romances. If they keep adding new ones, does that force them to spread all of them thinner?

To be honest, I am not interested in the new ones at all. There are so many older companions with great backstory and personality that should get more screen time. Some of them fit the storyline even better than the new people we got - like Nadja and Kira who should totally be involved with Force Task Nova!

I chose my romances for a reason and don't want to switch, so I guess I'll be looking forward to not having any of that kind of content in the future. I understand that streamlining all into one-size-fits-all romances is much, much cheaper, but it's sad nonetheless.

Well, when people would say this before, it seemed like an exaggeration. I thought maybe she had an unspoken attraction, at best. Now, though, her non-romantic dialogue (and performance) seem to be loaded with almost the kind of emotion you'd expect from a romantic scene. I almost started to wonder if there was a bug or something. There's actually quite a contrast to how she behaves around the Outlander in early Knights of the Fallen Empire compared to say, the Nathema Conspiracy.

It was almost like they expect you to romance her, so they did not bother with any neutral dialogue. Was really awkward for some of my characters who were not in romance with her or, even worse, dumped her for their old LI.

More class-specific new content is an idea that has a lot of potential, but I'm afraid it won't happen because that would require a lot of work and resources.I do not know if EA/BW has the required material resources, but they certainly lack imagination and creativity. We cannot all romance the same characters, because our tastes differ and not all of us want to dump the old love interests for newly introduced characters that won't fit in the class story , for example dump

Torian to romance Darth Rivix

I think everyone would like their romance options to play more of a role. Hell all of your original companions, and something specific to the class.

Some got much better retuning alerts than others, but all have then disappeared and some are truly disappointing such as the build up for Jaesa special force connection and yet I'm having a hard time remembering the last time it was even mentioned let alone used. All that time recruiting her for this special gift for it never to be used. Or the history you share with all the companions, I don't think they even appear in cut scenes in non talking roles which wouldn't be great but it would show they haven't all been forgotten.

You are unconscious for a long time after the fight with the 3x emperors and who is waiting for you, the ex who you dumped in favour of your old love... you know the one that promised to never leave you again.... the one that you haven't seen since that alert dialogue who is no where to be seen ever again....

I get a feeling those that make these decisions probably have less awareness of the original class stories than people that play the game.

Edited by Costello

I totally agree. I feel the exact same way about the Scourge-romance. Considering his background there should have been a little more than we got. I guess it's not a big deal for people who have just started playing recently, but some of us have literally waited years to finally get some of the romances going (or our old ones back). One Alliance Alert per LI would have been nice after Tenebrae was done and gone.

Or at least emails from the the LIs who's story was sort of connected to the Emperor, like the Knight and Warrior companions.

To be honest, I am not interested in the new ones at all. There are so many older companions with great backstory and personality that should get more screen time. Some of them fit the storyline even better than the new people we got - like Nadja and Kira who should totally be involved with Force Task Nova!

Well, I was actually going to say the same thing about Kira and Nadia, but I try not to focus exclusively on what I want to see.

Seriously, though, Nadia and Kira together in a story would be awesome. To be honest, there are a lot of characters' who's future's seem uncertain, yet still seem to have a lot of room to explore further stories, Kira included.

After the defeat of Tenebrae, you'd think she'd either return to Satele or the rest of the Jedi Order. Apparently she and Scourge still plan to focus on threats to the galaxy, but for Kira, wouldn't that be the Empire? It makes sense that she'd stand by my Consular, but what about the Imperials? It was a huge relief (as a Kira fan) when Scourge told my Sith Warrior that Kira still categorically refuses to harm the Republic, but even still, it's weird how she's sticking around at all. My Wrath is every bit the monster that Darth Angral was, the next biggest threat to the galaxy is me.

I was going to comment that I don't think there are many people clamoring to romance Sal-Deron, for example, but apparently there are some. I still can't imagine they'd be very many who would prefer to prioritize resources for that over our classes companion romances or the "Knights" romances.

It was almost like they expect you to romance her, so they did not bother with any neutral dialogue. Was really awkward for some of my characters who were not in romance with her or, even worse, dumped her for their old LI.

What's strange is that they did write alternate romantic and platonic dialogue for her, but even versions of the non-romantic version of the scene made me start to wonder if this was the right dialogue when I first heard it. It certainly felt weird that my most emotional scenes are with Lana and not the people I'm actually closet to, like my girlfriend.

Edited by OldVengeance

Or at least emails from the the LIs who's story was sort of connected to the Emperor, like the Knight and Warrior companions.

I said before that mails would be better than nothing, but tbh Kira's and Scourge's mails after EoO left me just more frustrated (especially the latter's, he sounded like he was in desperate need of a hug, ha ha). So I have to back-pedal on that opinion - some things should be said, not written.

Well, I was actually going to say the same thing about Kira and Nadia, but I try not to focus exclusively on what I want to see.

Seriously, though, Nadia and Kira together in a story would be awesome. To be honest, there are a lot of characters' who's future's seem uncertain, yet still seem to have a lot of room to explore further stories, Kira included.

After the defeat of Tenebrae, you'd think she'd either return to Satele or the rest of the Jedi Order. Apparently she and Scourge still plan to focus on threats to the galaxy, but for Kira, wouldn't that be the Empire? It makes sense that she'd stand by my Consular, but what about the Imperials? It was a huge relief (as a Kira fan) when Scourge told my Sith Warrior that Kira still categorically refuses to harm the Republic, but even still, it's weird how she's sticking around at all. My Wrath is every bit the monster that Darth Angral was, the next biggest threat to the galaxy is me.

I agree, it's a bit strange since now the threat is the Empire or the Republic (depending on which side you are on). I really don't see Kira helping my Empire loyalists to destroy the Jedi Order just as little as I see Scourge helping my Republic characters to build up the Jedi Order again. They are both very adamant about not helping you against their respective factions during their first talk with you (if you are non-JK). I guess Malgus can be classed as a "threat to the Galaxy" right now, as can Heta Kol. So as long as the story is not getting into the Empire vs. Republic stuff too much, it might still work. But sooner or later there might be a breaking point.

I was going to comment that I don't think there are many people calmmoring to romance Sal-Deron, for example, but apparently there are some. I still can't imagine they'd be very many who would prefer to prioritize resources for that over our classes companion romances or the "Knights" romances.

Yeah, there will always be people who want the new romances, too, but that does not automatically mean that they would prefer the new romances. I guess a lot would just choose them because they've already given up hope for their old romances to matter at all anymore. Stuff like the little Torian scene before SoV go a long way imo.

What's strange is that they did write alternate romantic and platonic dialogue for her, but even versions of the non-romantic version of the scene made me start to wonder if this was the right dialogue when I first heard it. It certainly felt weird that my most emotional scenes are with Lana and not the people I'm actually closet to, like my girlfriend.

It certainly sounded weird and way too emotional. Some of my characters don't even consider her a friend, but just an asset, but she talks to everyone like a BFF or LI.

What irks me even more was that they bothered to include a short reaction from Kira if your JK dumped her for Lana (she sighs in a very sad way when she sees the JK and Lana together), but there was no room for a short romance scene for the JK who stayed loyal to her.

I said before that mails would be better than nothing, but tbh Kira's and Scourge's mails after EoO left me just more frustrated (especially the latter's, he sounded like he was in desperate need of a hug, ha ha). So I have to back-pedal on that opinion - some things should be said, not written.

That's true. I was thinking more along the lines of Jaesa being excited about him being destroyed or Vette being relieved that he's gone or maybe Quinn musing about how their relationship to the Emperor has gone full circle. If they only have the resources for one Alliance Alert, then maybe the Warrior companions are ones that should be saved for something they're doing in the future.

I agree, it's a bit strange since now the threat is the Empire or the Republic (depending on which side you are on). I really don't see Kira helping my Empire loyalists to destroy the Jedi Order just as little as I see Scourge helping my Republic characters to build up the Jedi Order again. They are both very adamant about not helping you against their respective factions during their first talk with you (if you are non-JK). I guess Malgus can be classed as a "threat to the Galaxy" right now, as can Heta Kol. So as long as the story is not getting into the Empire vs. Republic stuff too much, it might still work. But sooner or later there might be a breaking point.

Honestly, I don't think Malgus or Heta Kol qualify. The type of threat that has required Kira and Scourge to team up before is something on the scale of Vitiate or the Eternal Fleet. As in, they'd need to be threats that necessitate the Republic and Empire put aside their war and work together in order to survive. That wasn't the type of threat Malgus posed on Illum, and so far he's not become that type of threat now either. Heta Kol right now is mostly just a threat to Shae Visla. Getting involved in a Mandalorian Civil War seems like one of the last things I would imagine Kira and Scourge would prioritize.

Frankly, I don't think Kira and Scourge should necessarily even be considered equivalent. Scourge is someone that I kind of doubt would even know what to do with his life, at this point. He devoted most of his unnaturally long life to stopping the Emperor, he doesn't seem like the type of person who would have been focused on whatever came afterward. Nobody he cares about from before he became the Emperor's Wrath is even alive anymore, presumably.

Kira is different. She still has ties to the Jedi Order and the people of the Republic. Jedi Knights aside, Scourge is obviously still loyal to the Empire, but in a world where the Republic and Empire are at war, eventually his friendship with Kira and his loyalty to his home will come into conflict.

It kind of seems like their story is intended to be over, though. The letters they send kind of reminded me of the opposite faction letters you get after Jedi Under Siege.

It certainly sounded weird and way too emotional. Some of my characters don't even consider her a friend, but just an asset, but she talks to everyone like a BFF or LI.

You can kind of mitigate this by picking certain dialogue options, but yeah. It felt weird that the friendship dialogue was something that wouldn't feel out of place in a romantic scene. My Consular is a compassionate gal, but I would prefer to be friendly towards Lana without feeling like Lana is the center of my Consular's world or that we're inching closer to having an emotional affair or something.

Maybe it is a plot point that Lana has feelings for the Outlander, no matter what? That could be a nice way to accommodate people who missed the chance in Kotfe.

What irks me even more was that they bothered to include a short reaction from Kira if your JK dumped her for Lana (she sighs in a very sad way when she sees the JK and Lana together), but there was no room for a short romance scene for the JK who stayed loyal to her.

You know, I notice that they will occasionally put in romance or class specific references in strange places where most people won't see them. That is really unfortunate when they seem to have limited ability to include them at all.

Just yesterday I learned that the one and only class specific line of dialogue that Vette has with unromanced Sith Warriors in the entirety of Kotet occurs on Iokath, but you have to be mean to her to get it. If you're an Imperial Agent, it's also the only way to get one extra line about romancing Kaliyo.

Edited by OldVengeance

Respectfully:

Additionally:

Yes please. More with companions! I'll take letters to start, but more does need to be invested into them. Why not do this, it would make so many, including myself happy and extremely willing to pay for a sub+

No lie, I literally dozed off playing one day. This does not happen to me unless I'm extremely bored.

That's true. I was thinking more along the lines of Jaesa being excited about him being destroyed or Vette being relieved that he's gone or maybe Quinn musing about how their relationship to the Emperor has gone full circle. If they only have the resources for one Alliance Alert, then maybe the Warrior companions are ones that should be saved for something they're doing in the future.

I'm not opposed to letters, as long as they don't take them as an excuse to not do the occasional talk. But right now we rarely even get letters either. I was surprised I did not get anything from Torian after SoV on my Mando BH.

Honestly, I don't think Malgus or Heta Kol qualify. The type of threat that has required Kira and Scourge to team up before is something on the scale of Vitiate or the Eternal Fleet. As in, they'd need to be threats that necessitate the Republic and Empire put aside their war and work together in order to survive. That wasn't the type of threat Malgus posed on Illum, and so far he's not become that type of threat now either. Heta Kol right now is mostly just a threat to Shae Visla. Getting involved in a Mandalorian Civil War seems like one of the last things I would imagine Kira and Scourge would prioritize.

Well, maybe not Heta Kol, but I have the feeling that whatever Malgus is up to is a bit more than just wanting to break his chains. Considering they actually referenced the Deceived novel with Aryn Leneer they might take his motivations from there, too. That could make him a pretty big threat.

Frankly, I don't think Kira and Scourge should necessarily even be considered equivalent. Scourge is someone that I kind of doubt would even know what to do with his life, at this point. He devoted most of his unnaturally long life to stopping the Emperor, he doesn't seem like the type of person who would have been focused on whatever came afterward. Nobody he cares about from before he became the Emperor's Wrath is even alive anymore, presumably.

Kira is different. She still has ties to the Jedi Order and the people of the Republic. Jedi Knights aside, Scourge is obviously still loyal to the Empire, but in a world where the Republic and Empire are at war, eventually his friendship with Kira and his loyalty to his home will come into conflict.

It kind of seems like their story is intended to be over, though. The letters they send kind of reminded me of the opposite faction letters you get after Jedi Under Siege.

I fear that, too, which is frustrating as we waited so long to get them back (as with a lot of other companions, of course). I think both have the potential to add greatly to the story, but with focus to their respective faction. Even if Scourge's main goal in life was destroying the Emperor he is still a powerful Sith with pretty extensive knowledge of what has been going on for 300+ years. He must have known Malgus etc. Ah, well, I am just always sad when they drop potentially interesting characters (that's not just restricted to companions, there have been a lot of interesting NPCs over the years that just faded away).

Maybe it is a plot point that Lana has feelings for the Outlander, no matter what? That could be a nice way to accommodate people who missed the chance in Kotfe.

Since it hasn't happened yet I fear that might never happen. Thay have never given people second chances at romances (even those that screwed up the cantina scene in Chapter 9).

You know, I notice that they will occasionally put in romance or class specific references in strange places where most people won't see them. That is really unfortunate when they seem to have limited ability to include them at all.

Yeah, and it's also not so obvious either from the dialgoue wheel. On the other hand I am just glad that they exist.Not sure how they could do it differently.

Well, maybe not Heta Kol, but I have the feeling that whatever Malgus is up to is a bit more than just wanting to break his chains. Considering they actually referenced the Deceived novel with Aryn Leneer they might take his motivations from there, too. That could make him a pretty big threat.

Malgus might be a threat to both Republic and Empire (or at least the Empire's leadership), but the last guy literally tried to eat the galaxy.

I can't really imagine Kira looking at what Malgus is doing right now and think thinking to herself, "No matter who he is, I *definitely* need to help the Hand of the Empire and Empire's Wrath take this guy out."

At least not without some very specific circumstances, like, the realizes the only way to save the Jedi is that she needs me to destroy Malgus for her and then betray me by ferrying the Jedi away.

I mean, no offense to Malgus, but right now my Wrath still considers himself a greater threat to the Jedi Order and the Republic than Malgus.

Edited by OldVengeance

Malgus might be a threat to both Republic and Empire (or at least the Empire's leadership), but the last guy literally tried to eat the galaxy.

I can't really imagine Kira looking at what Malgus is doing right now and think thinking to herself, "No matter who he is, I *definitely* need to help the Hand of the Empire and Empire's Wrath take this guy out."

At least not without some very specific circumstances, like, the realizes the only way to save the Jedi is that she needs me to destroy Malgus for her and then betray me by ferrying the Jedi away.

I mean, no offense to Malgus, but right now my Wrath still considers himself a greater threat to the Jedi Order and the Republic than Malgus.

I guess you are right. It must be something in the line of "He found a device made to sever one's ties to the Force (or something) and plans to use it on a great scale".

And my Wrath feels like yours. He was a bit miffed about Krovos' mail... :p

Heck yes! More cut scenes with companions, especially the romantic ones!

We also need a way to establish new romantic relationships with old companions (such as Theron) to fix what the bugs broke.

Also please release...

Commemorative Statue decorations of the rest of the companions.

Decorations with portraits of our companions and major NPCs.

Additional customizations, especially for companions who have few (or none).