Please introduce dual spec ASAP

Ultrazen

I do just fine soloing specced as just heals. I really cannot see why people assume that if you are a healer you cannot pew pew.

It's simply NOT TRUE.

For soloing sure ..it really doesnt matter......all specs are able to solo just fine.

But when you get into HM FP and beyond....with the tight Enrage timers you simply cannot afford to fill that 4th slot with a heal spec/geared player or tank spec/geared player.

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EVER POLL that asked if DUAL SPEC is Neded has FAILED nuff said, stop QQ for something that will never happen.

Sorry dude, but most all of the voices in your head agreeing with you doesn't count as a valid poll :jawa_wink:

I have seen absolutely no official polls from BioWare about this.

Your posts are extremely aggressive, borderline offensive, and when people refute your statements you go ad hominem on them or switch to other (mostly irrelevant) arguments.

People can argue that DS encourages optimized builds, but honestly just having a Talent Tree does that.

Also, if BW truly wanted Hybrid builds to be valid, there wouldn't be any Hard/Nightmare Mode FPs/Ops.

I'm all for keeping Damage Meters out of Normal Mode to allow for a fun, non-optimized playstyle (and honestly I'm also for keeping Meters/Parsers out of Nightmare Mode so really Elite players have a place to show their stuff), but BW designed a game that encourages optimization and requires specific group compositions for some of the content, the least they can do is put tools in the game that encourage people to keep playing said content :jawa_tongue:

I prefer non-dual specs. It makes my work leveling up as a healer-only more rewarding. When I try to play a healer, and then everyone and their brother can change specs to be the same as me whenever they want... it feels like why did I even bother.

Playing Rift and seeing how out of control multiple specs could get... that made me have dual spec even more. Rift was absurd in regards to specs, where everyone could basically have as many as their brain could manage.

I don't know anything about Lineage 2 but EQ didn't even have specs. So why are you trying to mention that here?
It did, two different types:

Hmm... unless you count changing the spells on your cast bar which you could do any time out of combat and Sony eventually added spell "sets" for quickly changing between different setups for different fights/purposes. That seems a little familiar...

This is the main one, that was in the game the longest.

changing readied spells was a spec change for several classes (especially druids, paladins, and shadowknights)

the other type of spec that it had was AA's which wasn't respecable, so isn't really relevant.

3- false. straw man argument that has no basis in fact. This is primarily the reason you're vehemently against dual spec I'd guess. Because it happened to you in WoW, it must happen here too right? BTW- if you're really good at said spec - a good Ops Leader will recognize that and choose you over the less skilled player.
It's not a strawman argument... though it is still a fallacious bit of logic (post hoc ergo propter hoc)

I prefer non-dual specs. It makes my work leveling up as a healer-only more rewarding. When I try to play a healer, and then everyone and their brother can change specs to be the same as me whenever they want... it feels like why did I even bother.

Playing Rift and seeing how out of control multiple specs could get... that made me have dual spec even more. Rift was absurd in regards to specs, where everyone could basically have as many as their brain could manage.

All that matters is how good you are. If you worked hard and become recognized as an exceptional healer ...trust me you will be wanted and appreciated. Good, smart players....especially the ones that make good leaders will seek out the best players for given/needed roles. They are not going to care if its your Spec #1 or Spec #2.

Edited by Draylore

Sorry dude, but most all of the voices in your head agreeing with you doesn't count as a valid poll :jawa_wink:

I have seen absolutely no official polls from BioWare about this.

Your posts are extremely aggressive, borderline offensive, and when people refute your statements you go ad hominem on them or switch to other (mostly irrelevant) arguments.

:

beta and pre launch there were alot of polls on this subject and every one of them the players voted against the Dual spec. Obviously you dont know what you are talking about.

beta and pre launch there were alot of polls on this subject and every one of them the players voted against the Dual spec. Obviously you dont know what you are talking about.

Only ones I recall that were pretty much 100% against......were with regards to changing AC.

LOL no they didn't. Majority of players are against Advanced Class switching. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

We're not in Beta anymore :jawa_wink:

A huge portion of the beta community never made it to lvl 50 where the story ends and gameplay is mostly PvP/FPs/Ops - and that's where Dual Spec really starts to shine.

I don't even have an issue with BW implementing Dual Spec as an "only max level" feature (although even that becomes problematic with the first level-cap expansion)...

But once again, you failed to refute any valid points raised against you, dodged the issue, and launched a personal attack...

and people say Trolls are only in fantasy games :rolleyes:

EDIT: and it appears you were even wrong about your precious polls from Beta too /sigh

Edited by DaxRendar

LOL no they didn't. Majority of players are against Advanced Class switching. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Actually you are both right on this one :)

Some times it was against next time it was for DS

Keep in mind that the votes didnt get refreshed and instead resetted in the start when it gone over 1 k posts

Edited by Varghjerta

Yes because the general mob always knows what's best for a game. Sigh. Maybe try putting that poll up for us serious raiders, see how many people vote for dual spec then. I think that'd give a better view of who wants what and who will eventually want what don't you think?

Edited by Zolexus

It did, two different types:

This is the main one, that was in the game the longest.

changing readied spells was a spec change for several classes (especially druids, paladins, and shadowknights)

Yeah, that was my point. :)

the other type of spec that it had was AA's which wasn't respecable, so isn't really relevant.

Fair enough. I got close to level cap and did some raids but having AA's was way out of reach for my play time so I don't remember all that much about them.

No No and a big heap of NO to Dual Spec's!

I'd rather see a player become skilled at a particular spec than be able to jump into a alternative spec that they may not be competent at just to get a spot in a Hard Mode Flash Point or Operation.

I like the make a choice ans stick with it approach personally....I'm not even a fan of respecs (even at cost) unless powers are changed by a patch or something.

But that's just my 2 credits.

Yes because the general mob always knows what's best for a game. Sigh. Maybe try putting that poll up for us serious raiders, see how many people vote for dual spec then. I think that'd give a better view of who wants what and who will eventually want what don't you think?

I am always serious about my raiding and never needed dual spec for that. Rift was the only game I have played that had that feature and well lets just say it was crap.

You can change your points there is no reason for dual spec. Best option yet is to get a healer that does it full time, that will be the better healer anyway.

This game isn't exactly challenging mastering one spec sounds cool and all but isn't realistic with population size and how hard it is to find groups to run flash points at 50 currently on some servers. Joining a guild is not an answer you get locked out of a hard mode after one run and people will be left out needing pugs to fill in. I am Arsenal Merc but I would heal every flashpoint if it meant I can get a group quicker then go back Arsenal for my operation runs.

I'd have to say no to dual spec.

Leveling a healer myself there are no issues playing this type of class in SWTOR (unlike that the OP is suggesting). The companions make it possible to level without too much trouble. I don't feel I'm behind any of my friends / guildies just because I'm playing a healer.

Dual spec leads to:

- DPS players pretending to be a tank / healer

- They are not speced correctly

- Do not have the right gear to play that class

- Most importantly have no clue on the mechanics of how to play that class.

There are plenty of tanks and healers in this game, the question is as a player do you want that sort of responsibility at end game..

Most people don't so they role the DPS option...

I am not even going to read any further this sums it up perfectly. I am a lvl 46 pure speced healer and have no issues doing quests, in fact I think it has helped me pass some quests that are harder as I can just heal my companion tank. Unlike other mmos where healing speced completely sucked for questing SwTor hit it perfectly allowing healers to level as a dps since the companion does a lot of damage if geared correctly.

No No and a big heap of NO to Dual Spec's!

I'd rather see a player become skilled at a particular spec than be able to jump into a alternative spec that they may not be competent at just to get a spot in a Hard Mode Flash Point or Operation.

I like the make a choice ans stick with it approach personally....I'm not even a fan of respecs (even at cost) unless powers are changed by a patch or something.

But that's just my 2 credits.

Just curious, but what do you think is better for the overall health of the game:

• Running an FP/Op with less competent player in their alternate spec (which btw will also give them a chance to improve at said spec)?
  • Not getting to run the FP/Op at all because you couldn't find anyone to fill a needed role?

I am not even going to read any further this sums it up perfectly. I am a lvl 46 pure speced healer and have no issues doing quests, in fact I think it has helped me pass some quests that are harder as I can just heal my companion tank. Unlike other mmos where healing speced completely sucked for questing SwTor hit it perfectly allowing healers to level as a dps since the companion does a lot of damage if geared correctly.

Wait till you get to OPs and get told "Oh sorry no, we don't need a full healer, we need a Healer/DPS split for one of our healers" or "Oh you are healer/dps? We already have that one spot filled we need a full on healing spec". OPs and HMs have two completely different group requirements to be successfull and some of the roles (i.e. tank, healing, DPS type (ranged or melee)) are very specific for the OP or FP type.

Edited by Mltdwn

[*]Not getting to run the FP/Op at all because you couldn't find anyone to fill a needed role?

This option of course. That way you feel like a special snowflake and don't have to worry about more skilled players playing 'your' role.

Sad part most of us Healers tanks are saying just that but we are purely ignored in these threads

I'd have to say no to dual spec.

Leveling a healer myself there are no issues playing this type of class in SWTOR (unlike that the OP is suggesting). The companions make it possible to level without too much trouble. I don't feel I'm behind any of my friends / guildies just because I'm playing a healer.

Dual spec leads to:

There are plenty of tanks and healers in this game, the question is as a player do you want that sort of responsibility at end game..

Most people don't so they role the DPS option...

I think actually not haveing duel specs leads to :

why, will most people will level to end game with a dps spec (becasue of faster leveling) and once they reach level 50 they change from a dps to tank or from a dps to a healer.

Guess what they have spend all this time dpsing with no healing/tanking, and now they are healing. With duel specs you can do both and learn both until end game and pick one to master at end game.

But hay I want duel-AC and not duel specs. Then I want to be able to respec for free.