Galactic Seasons is a Cash Shop Front

FlatTax

I just think this whole concept is flawed.

It's a season pass event like most online games are doing nowadays. Which is fine, imo.

The problem is that unlike other games, this is an MMO with vastly different avenues for players to find their enjoyment in. So while other games can focus on their core gameplay, an MMO has no "core" gameplay. So when other games have dailies and weeklies, they will always revolve around how the players are already playing. But for an MMO with tons of different things for players to do, having dailies and weeklies that pool randomly from different areas of the game, you're going to simply end up disappointing the majority of players because for every 1 daily that focuses on one aspect of the game, there are X number of other parts of the game that a portion of players will prefer playing instead (where X is greater than 1).

So basically, this whole thing is literally a convoluted way to irritate your player base.

It’s worse if your playing partner and you get different activities and that activity requires help or a large time investment like operations, GSF or PVP weekly. It takes you away from planned group activities you do together.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s worse if your playing partner and you get different activities and that activity requires help or a large time investment like operations, GSF or PVP weekly. It takes you away from planned group activities you do together.

I've had this a couple of times, there should be an option, if you are grouped with someone , you can have an option to group reroll, so you get the same missions. At least them you can run together.

Another thing I've noticed, if you do miss stuff, and miss enough that you have to spend credits/cc's to catch up, once you reach 70, the last 30 or so are CC's only, so if you are truly trying to catch up chances are you are going to have to spend cc's, not cash.

idk if this has come up yet, but I thought there was a way to spend credits to unlock days that you missed,. It seems that it's only CCs. I think BW may have made it so subs can spend credits but F2P can only spend CCs. Which lol, is kinda dumb because why would they have the CCs?

Or can you spend credits? I don't see a way.

idk if this has come up yet, but I thought there was a way to spend credits to unlock days that you missed,. It seems that it's only CCs. I think BW may have made it so subs can spend credits but F2P can only spend CCs. Which lol, is kinda dumb because why would they have the CCs?

Or can you spend credits? I don't see a way.

It has come up and it has been addressed by the devs. The credit catch up feature will unlock 30 days into the Galactic Season, so May 26th.

Hi everyone,

As mentioned in the Galactic Seasons article “as the season progresses, a catch-up system will unlock, allowing players to spend in-game credits to catch up on season levels” meaning that the Catch Up feature is not yet active. We intend on enabling this mechanic in 30 days to give players a chance to fully experience Galactic Seasons.

If you want to be mean, you could also say that they want people who don't know about this to think that you can only unlock the levels with Cartel Coins, until 30 days later they are surprised by a credit unlock feature after they have already spend their CCs.

Edited by Phazonfreak

It has come up and it has been addressed by the devs. The credit catch up feature will unlock 30 days into the Galactic Season, so May 26th.

If you want to be mean, you could also say that they want people who don't know about this to think that you can only unlock the levels with Cartel Coins, until 30 days later they are surprised by a credit unlock feature after they have already spend their CCs.

Thanks. lol I was one of those people who didn't read the main article and would have been very surprised! :D

This is exactly what they want - it's total BS nonsense they left out credit skips 'to give players a chance to fully experience seasons' when they added CC skips day one.

Same thing with the silly new companion that cannot be leveled with in-game gifts, they are hoping players buy the CM boosts - especially on alts as even if you complete the whole season, only one char will have a fully leveled companion.

Same thing with the silly new companion that cannot be leveled with in-game gifts, they are hoping players buy the CM boosts - especially on alts as even if you complete the whole season, only one char will have a fully leveled companion.

Once you level up the companion to 50 on one character, relevant gifts become available to purchase with credits on one of the two GS vendors; rest of the characters in the legacy can buy those gifts to level up their companions. This can be done with a few Gold and Purple gifts (less than 15 in total) for the lowest cost of leveling any companion to 50.

Even the first companion can be leveled to 50 using a Commander's Compendium which I did so it is easier to farm the insectoids for the daily POs.

Edited by mike_carton

I don't know, I only ever offered my referral link once in the game to get the unique mount and that's it. I never bothered anyone to click my link, I never scammed anyone with it and I never put it into my signature here on the forums to get the random click from a complete stranger.

What I do get now with Galactic Seasons is the option to earn Cartel Coins simply by being a subscriber and playing the actual game. I have 4 legacies across 4 servers and with no more amount of time and commitment that I put into this game than before I will be able to earn 16.000 Cartel Coins in 5 months next to the 2.500 complementary Cartel Coins and all the other new seasonal rewards.

However, I do get why the lot of you is annoyed with that change and do the typical doomsayer dance now, because the days of spamming the referral link in everyone's faces are finally over and you cry over your easy Cartel Coins that you were able to get with no effort at all.

I always had mine on my sig, never got any, so yeah, to me it was always useless