The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi want Blasters!

So, Jedi's have a large selection of lightsabers, pikes, swords, and even an axe. They don't have guns though.

What I'd like to see is a Blaster Rifle for Jedi. Now, they clearly don't need to shoot guns, and that would be an insane amount of reprograming and balance issues, but I'd like them to hold the gun by the barrel and just hit people with it like any other melee weapon because it would be hilarious.

So, Jedi's have a large selection of lightsabers, pikes, swords, and even an axe. They don't have guns though.

What I'd like to see is a Blaster Rifle for Jedi. Now, they clearly don't need to shoot guns, and that would be an insane amount of reprograming and balance issues, but I'd like them to hold the gun by the barrel and just hit people with it like any other melee weapon because it would be hilarious.

so u basically are asking for a new class that does everything....i can tell you now with infinite percent this will never happen unless its an armor set

Edited by NakodaTheJedi

so u basically are asking for a new class that does everything....i can tell you now with infinite percent this will never happen unless its an armor set

No. OP is asking for what amounts to a Vibrosword where the model is shaped like a blaster rifle, held by the barrel near the muzzle.

My own view is that it would have primarily comedy value, and therefore probably isn't the best use of development resources, but whatever.

No. OP is asking for what amounts to a Vibrosword where the model is shaped like a blaster rifle, held by the barrel near the muzzle.

My own view is that it would have primarily comedy value, and therefore probably isn't the best use of development resources, but whatever.

Oh, I don't know... the devs could implement the code so that you can have whatever cosmetic holdable object you like as a bashing/swiping weapon, giving rise to a whole plethora of swtor-themed trout slapping memes.

For the comedy value alone, I think that would be far better than another 20 Cartel Market skins that we are more likely to get than any reasonable content...

A class that beats people up with a gun. I think we already have that. Oh yeah, Scoundrel. Fine, you can have your blaster rifle club, but I want a sword for my Scoundrel.

I suppose the idea would be like the Mad Lute in DDO.

https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:The_Mad_Lute

we'd need an emote to go with that, something like a rock guitarist going mental and smashing it up, except, it'd be the lute ;)