The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

GTN Wizards: What should I be spending my Jawa Junk on?

Darkbloom

Hello Everyone.

I have a lot of Jawa Junk. It's gotten ridiculous.

I don't craft, which is probably why.

Anyway, what do people spend their Jawa Junk on? Are there places to spend it other than the three Jawa who you can put in your stronghold? Are there some hidden merchants somewhere that I don't know about?

Thanks in advance!

Buy low level mats and:

1) Sell them on GTN.

2) Craft low level items that max level players still use (armor dyes, crystal colors, 228 augments, etc.).

3) Craft Invasion Forces and Dark Projects to trade in for Companion Boosts (instant Influence 50).

4) Craft items to complete personal conquest goal (Companion: Influencer + Crafting: Invasion Force + Crafting: Dark Project = 58,000 points with almost no work required).

5) Craft items for conquest points (Cybertech or Biochem).

6) Donate the mats to your guild crafters.

Good list. I believe you can also buy companion gifts from the vendors in Cartel Bazaar section of the fleet. You can get these vendors as decorations for your stronghold as well. (That's so wrong, getting people as decorations. But I love Felusia.) Edited by mike_carton

The GTN has way too much nuance to it to just give you a cookie cutter answer. You’ll need to do some investigating and research on what’s hot and what’s not at certain times of the day and week.

To start, find crafting materials that convert well for jawa junk and sells for a premium on the GTN.

You will need to be flexible because some weeks / days and hours will favour certain mats or if there is a shortage on material “x”, you want to be able to take advantage of that. So I would suggest multiple different mats and don’t lock yourself into one type.

If the market is flooded with a mat and the price gets driven down, don’t fight a price war and waste your mats and credits, just sell a different mat that’s not being short sold. The more diverse your holdings, the easier it will be to avoid silly under cutters and take advantage of short supply situations and high demand.

The GTN has way too much nuance to it to just give you a cookie cutter answer. You’ll need to do some investigating and research on what’s hot and what’s not at certain times of the day and week.

To start, find crafting materials that convert well for jawa junk and sells for a premium on the GTN.

You will need to be flexible because some weeks / days and hours will favour certain mats or if there is a shortage on material “x”, you want to be able to take advantage of that. So I would suggest multiple different mats and don’t lock yourself into one type.

If the market is flooded with a mat and the price gets driven down, don’t fight a price war and waste your mats and credits, just sell a different mat that’s not being short sold. The more diverse your holdings, the easier it will be to avoid silly under cutters and take advantage of short supply situations and high demand.

This was great advice, till the first pinned thread popped up. They've basically put a knife in to crafting as an CQ objective, so down the road, the price of crating materials is going to crash badly. So if you do have them, sell them now, while the price is high.

Thanks everyone, I'm starting to get the hang of this.

I've definitely figured out what to spend the green Jawa Junk and purple on. Still kinda wondering about the blue trade-ins.

But thanks very much, all four posts have been quite helpful.

This was great advice, till the first pinned thread popped up. They've basically put a knife in to crafting as an CQ objective, so down the road, the price of crating materials is going to crash badly. So if you do have them, sell them now, while the price is high.

Yep, I’m currently trying to dump it all as we speak. Not much point in keeping all of the mats or jawa junk anymore.

This is going to cause a big economy shift on the GTN