What do you think its best?

sithlordcip

To level a char to lvl 50 and focus on that until u did all content then roll an alt?

or

Lvl simoultaneosly a couple of alts ?

In my case im doing the second one because Im uncertain of what class to be my main, the sith inquisitor or the bounty awesome hunter.

There both awesome and I cant decide

Hope you are aware that you must unlock your legacy first in order to attain legacy points on your alts.

For example. You gotta level up your main first, unlock the legacy...then create the alts for it to go to your legacy XP.

I'm not certain from this but someone else said that's how it's done. I don't know as I thought to not create a alt until unlocking legacy first.

I am leveling a few chars as I go along. I have a lvl 38 trooper, a lvl21 sith assassin and a lvl 14 Jedi guardian. I play my main until I get bored then switch. Am on Hoth atm and at peak times there is only 20 people on the map so grouping is hard, so i just drop down to my assassin for a bit.

I know you can solo to 50 easy, but then you miss out on a lot of content.

My intention was to get one to 50 then level alts, but playing the one class for long stretches get boring for me. I know others just like to steam though to 50 (and there isnothing wrong with that), but for me once I go there I know I would get bored.

Hope you are aware that you must unlock your legacy first in order to attain legacy points on your alts.

For example. You gotta level up your main first, unlock the legacy...then create the alts for it to go to your legacy XP.

I'm not certain from this but someone else said that's how it's done. I don't know as I thought to not create a alt until unlocking legacy first.

Nope.

Your legacy bar appears for all characters created no matter when they were created.

I levelled 4 up out of the starter planet in early access and then got 1 as far as the legacy and all my characters now contribute to my legacy.

It doesn't matter when they were made. As soon as one gets the legacy they all contribute.

Nope.

Your legacy bar appears for all characters created no matter when they were created.

I levelled 4 up out of the starter planet in early access and then got 1 as far as the legacy and all my characters now contribute to my legacy.

It doesn't matter when they were made. As soon as one gets the legacy they all contribute.

Yes as soon as you open up your legacy they all contribute. But what about all the leveling you did on your alts BEFORE you opened it up?

As you level up your toons after opening legacy you get Legacy XP for everything you get XP for. So it is better to unlock legacy first then create your alts that way all of your XP is going to your legacy.

How can I opt out of legacy. I know I can hide the Legacy name but I simply do not want it to be active and not to earn Legacy XP.

I appreciate a lot of people seem to like this sort of thing but for me it just reminds me I am playing a game that gives me pointless rewards to try and keep my attention and this breaks the immersion of playing a game I actually like.

Is there not a way to actually disable the feature?

Yes as soon as you open up your legacy they all contribute. But what about all the leveling you did on your alts BEFORE you opened it up?

As you level up your toons after opening legacy you get Legacy XP for everything you get XP for. So it is better to unlock legacy first then create your alts that way all of your XP is going to your legacy.

Sorry my mistake, I seem to have misunderstood your first post.

You are right, the legacy did miss the XP I would have got if i'd waited to make alts.

That's something everyone has to decide for themselves. I personally play what suits my mood.

Normally that means (in other MMORPGs) that I switch a lot between toons. In TOR, the Agent's story had me so engaged that I blew through it all the way to the end. It's awesome, it's brilliant, it's good.

And now I'm levelling some other toons in my old-fashioned way. Because I find that it always pays to know what every class is capable of, which stats they use, and so on. Plus, there are seven more stories to explore :-D.

I would, as has been mentioned already, try to unlock your legacy first so you don't "waste" playing time by levelling without one.

edit: AFAIK legacy EXP is only accumulated once you have a legacy. EXP gained by alts before you got your legacy are not taken into account.

Edited by Muesliac

Sorry my mistake, I seem to have misunderstood your first post.

You are right, the legacy did miss the XP I would have got if i'd waited to make alts.

It was worded oddly any ways and also for the poster above you...

You can't disable it anyways. It's just a little purple bar under your XP bar, you won't hardly notice it.

From the AMA interview it is the thing Reid is most excited about for some mysterious reason. Not sure what they are planning for it, I reached lvl 2 last night for my legacy and nothing happened.

From the AMA interview it is the thing Reid is most excited about for some mysterious reason. Not sure what they are planning for it, I reached lvl 2 last night for my legacy and nothing happened.

That's because currently no rewards for Legacy levels are implemented. They seem to be under way, though, if that interview is any indication.

What those Legacy levels will do, however, isn't known atm. I remember that some time before launch (2010), we forumites discussed the possibility that one possible perk could be that you can chose races for classes that are otherwise unavailable.

Example: Normally, Chiss are reserved for IA and BH. With a certain Legacy level, they could be opened up for, say, Sith Warrior. Or Smuggler.

I think -and hope- that Legacy levels will have mostly cosmetic impact, not balancing-wise. New hairdos anyone?

Edited by Muesliac

Sorry for the noobish question but what exaclty is legacy and how do I unlock it, atm I have a lvl 19 sith inquisitor im on Balmorra and I have a lvl 12 bounty hunter.

Should I go with my inquisitor till the end?

Damn bounty hunter is tempting me to choose it as main cuz its awesome

Thanks

Your legacy does unlock right after you finish act 1. I dont want to spoiler too much, but its around lvl 30.

What the legacy will do is an intresting question. I dont think it is all about a new race or old race but new class thing. This would be a bit boring.

I guess it will influence all your chars together, maybe somekind of account bank, maybe you share your valor points or you can use your chars as crew members - something like that.

I dont want to mention it, but see it like the wow guild system.

At lvl 1 you got a mobile bank, at lvl 2 you got a tabard, at lvl 3 you got less repair cost´s etc.

I am curious, shame they wont tell us - guess its still a long time until its coming :)

I couldn't wait for the legacy system either - wanted to reserve my names - so I have already filled up all slots with alts, lol :cool:

Which reminds me - if I DO decide to delete an alt, will I be able to choose that name again right away or?? :confused:

Edited by FaithWhisper