100% same log in rewards at the calendar like what we had on December.

JozsefGyorfi

The problem with that theory is that by day 2 log in, those brand new players would have already outgrown the rewards.

This is not true even as hyperbole. There are consumables worth a lot of Social Points, Valor Points (multiple valor ranks), Renown Points (160k renown points), boosts for various kinds of Experience and so on that are quite useful for new players.

Designing a 28 day cycle around a first character on a new account that hasn't left the starter world yet wouldn't make any sense.

"It wouldn't make sense, so BW wouldn't do it." Is that the argument here?! Seriously?

Hi everyone,

Wanted to send you these posts from Staats to reiterate some of the key points about the log in rewards. I believe these should answer some of the questions you may have.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9894605#post9894605

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9895802#post9895802

The first post is a hefty read, but worth going through again!

Jackie,

I think this info is really not helpful at all. The issue here is not even that the rewards are indeed underwhelming, but the fact that the rewards are basically 1:1 the same as last time. I started in Aggressive Negotiations and am now in United Efforts, and the rewards are the exact same, with the exception of the fourth reward per tier. Great, but not really helpful at all. I see no point to this. I would have expected these reward calendars to be *quite* different from one another. This way, it really feels pointless. It's busywork for login achievements.

I have characters on 3 servers the rewards are the same except I'm two days behind on the one server but characters on all 3 servers get the same rewards. Only thing that is random in which gifts or crafting items appear when box is opened.

Only the rewards on the fourth and seventh days of each week, except for the seventh day of the fourth week (the 28th day reward), are different. See my post above where I list each of the daily rewards for both Aggressive Negotiations and United Efforts side-by-side. The fourth and seventh day rewards for Aggressive Negotiations are PVP/GSF themed, United Efforts are crafting themed, and Strength in Allies is companion gifts. Every other day the rewards are exactly the same between the three calendars.

This is not true even as hyperbole. There are consumables worth a lot of Social Points, Valor Points (multiple valor ranks), Renown Points (160k renown points), boosts for various kinds of Experience and so on that are quite useful for new players.

Hyperbole allows for some exaggeration. Yes, there are a several rewards that are pleasant little perks, but they won't help a new player "catch up" to people who have played for years. Just in case you forgot your original argument

My hypothesis is that the login rewards are meant to help - by a small measure - the new, Steam players (subscribers and non-subscribers) to catch up to longtime players. Most of the stuff is not worth it for longtime players.
}

Since since ceryxp listed out the a month of rewards, let's see what's useful to the brand new steam player.

Week 1: (AN | UE)

Day 1. 5 Basic Battle Versatile Stims (Both) - As is, completely useless for everyone.

Day 2. 5 Complimentary Minor Social Boosts (Both) - No one needs to "catch up" their social. How many new players even know what these are for? I couldn't even give these away when they dropped in crates.

Day 3. 75 Scrap: Scavanged Scrap (Both) - Nominal use for everyone, not just new playes.

Day 4. 5 Complimentary Minor Valor Boosts | Bag of Supplemental Materials. Valor boosts are hot, but more so for long term players than new. Since pvp gear doesn't require rank there is no need to "catch up" in valor. By the time they are high enough level to think about doing ranked, they really aren't a brand new players anymore unless they paid for a level up token.

Day 5. 3k Credit Certificate (Both) By their 5th day of playing even the newest of new players have outgrown this.

Day 6. Token of the Cordial (Both) - 50 points gets you rank 1, and a smidge of rank 2. Better than a kick in the pants for both old and new players alike, but nothing to help brand new players "catch up".

Day 7. Aggressive Negotiations Premium Crate (Purple Sparkle Powder & Warzone Medpacks) | United Forces Premium Crate (Purple Sparkle Powder & Large Bag of Grade 3 Materials) Nothing to see here. Warzone med packs are useful for everyone who pvps, but easy to get. The bag of mats doesn't even give enough mats to craft one thing.

The renown requisition you mentioned is only good for lvl 75 characters, so again, they aren't new players anymore. The 20k cert you mentioned is the reward for day 26. After 26 days of playing, 20k is trivial if they are actually playing and not just logging in.

So in sum, it sure looks to me like the rewards are equally useful/useless for new players as well as old. The few rewards that would benefit only new players are placed so far back in the schedule that the new players are no longer new enough to find them useful.

"It wouldn't make sense, so BW wouldn't do it." Is that the argument here?! Seriously?

That wasn't my argument. I have full faith that Bioware is quite capable of doing things that make no sense. My argument was that your hypothesis doesn't fit the facts very well and that there are hypotheses that fit better.

That wasn't my argument. I have full faith that Bioware is quite capable of doing things that make no sense. My argument was that your hypothesis doesn't fit the facts very well and that there are hypotheses that fit better.

That was you argument and I quoted your words to that effect.

The other part of it: What other hypotheses fit better?