MAIL! - You fixed it!!! - Thank You

hillerbees

Dear Devs,

Finally and without even the fanfare of a patch note you addressed the mail "bug" where sending an item to an alt would generate an incorrect warning before accepting each item into mail.

Only 8 years in getting it fixed but now once again I can mail stuff in game between alts as originally intended.

SO HAPPY - THANK YOU!

(I'm wondering if I'm alone in rejoicing!!)

:):):)

No, you're not alone. The QoL bug fixes are much appreciated!

:ph_thank_you:

Thank you for your reply - at least one other person appreciates it - I have really missed being able to mail stuff to alts properly rather than going through the guild bank. Its lovely to have it fixed and I would love to have an idea of how much effort was involved in doing so. Was it so small they just never bothered or was it so integrated in the coding of the game that other things had to happen first to eventually get to it?

Either way, I am deeply grateful to the person or people involved.

It's nice to see that the bug is fixed, but I'd have to say I'm curious about why someone would mail items to alts rather than just use Legacy storage. 🤔

(Other than it may involve some sort of exploit-ish quirk in the mail system.)

You might be mailing between your main and alt account (yeah, I know, put them in a shared vanity guild), or you might be by a mailbox in the wilds somewhere and figure that 100 credits is not worth worrying about if it spares you from having to watch two loading screens.

I prefer to send gear to mirror classes by mail instead of using the bank, less chance to lose something in the vast space and chaos of the (or rather my) bank vaults :rolleyes:

Also, if the item still has the binding timer on it, for example a tactical or armour piece you won but can't use on that character, sending it via mail immediately ends that binding timer while the legacy bank doesn't let you put items in there with a still running timer. The same goes for stuff from vendors like the dark light guys, and other legacy bound items that can be sold back for event currency for 2h. Rather than bothering with logging into the toon that should get it in the end or wait for the timer I just send it per mail.

So I'm glad this was fixed too! :)

Edited by Khaleijo

You might be mailing between your main and alt account (yeah, I know, put them in a shared vanity guild), or you might be by a mailbox in the wilds somewhere and figure that 100 credits is not worth worrying about if it spares you from having to watch two loading screens.

that's a very good point. I've the legacy cargo hold unlocked on a few toons, but not all, sometimes it is easier to send it via mail. I wish the legacy unlock, was an actual legacy unlock...lol

It's nice to see that the bug is fixed, but I'd have to say I'm curious about why someone would mail items to alts rather than just use Legacy storage. 🤔

Items you get in a FP or OP are marked Legacy but have a timer on them which prevents you from putting it in your Legacy storage. You can pay to rip out a mod and place it back in to bypass the timer or you can mail the item to the target alt for less than the cost to rip out a high level mod. Of course you can wait for the timer to expire......

PS I am speaking of the timer that allows you to trade it to someone who was in the FP/OP with you.

Items you get in a FP or OP are marked Legacy but have a timer on them which prevents you from putting it in your Legacy storage. You can pay to rip out a mod and place it back in to bypass the timer or you can mail the item to the target alt for less than the cost to rip out a high level mod. Of course you can wait for the timer to expire......

PS I am speaking of the timer that allows you to trade it to someone who was in the FP/OP with you.

True, I've had that happen with items, and it's very annoying you can't put it in the legacy bank, but can mail them...lol

I used it a lot pre Legacy bank days but even now...seeing as its fixed...its handy for sending specific stuff I craft to specific alts to sell on the gtn...I can't sell it all on the one character. Or if I have a mirror class I might want to send an armor set direct.

The legacy bank is good holding place for legacy armor sets that are not necessarily being used day to day and maybe sets or items that you have yet to bind to a character.

Also, if you are out in the wild on a planet and you want to lighten your inventory you can usually find a mailbox nearby and fire stuff away to an alt rather than hopping to stronghold or calling your legacy bank droid.

Having the messge appear as each item was attached was a real deterant to using the mail....slowed everything up.

Its a little easier to mail a larger quantity of things than to try and scrounge for space in my legacy hold. Like, in the time it takes me to free up 8 slots in my legacy storage I could already be logging in to the the alt.

Its a little easier to mail a larger quantity of things than to try and scrounge for space in my legacy hold. Like, in the time it takes me to free up 8 slots in my legacy storage I could already be logging in to the the alt.

Used to have that issue when i was holding on to the 306 armours and mods, but with most of my chars in 306, and in no need of min/maxing, I cleared out most of it, so I have some room. I'm still collecting one of each set, but I've a char set up just for that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.