Unable to launch after patch 6.1.4c

Jedi-Vitus

Likewise. Got the dreaded C7 error. Updated my drivers, ran scan/repair from launcher, still getting error.

Never had this problem before.

UPDATE: I was finally able to get in by running the game through Origin. Hope this helps!!

Edited by TarotMage
Updated information

I'm getting no error message, no nothing. No indication whatsoever after logging in and clicking play. It just closes. I've installed/changed NOTHING on my computer since the last patch, so it's absolutely something wrong with the patch. "Repair" is not an option on the launcher. I have no firewall or virus protection that is preventing me from running it. I've followed every suggestion from every forum thread since 2012, and still nothing works. I tried deleting the bitraider crap and restarting, which usually works after two or three tries, and nothing again. Last night I deleted everything and went for a clean re-install that took about 4 hours. I'm STILL unable to play.

As a subscriber, I'm furious. Haven't been able to play at all for two days now, and about to miss out on the weekly reset for the Feast event, so how about some extensions for that, or extra tokens/auto completes for the missions/achievements please? This is ridiculous.

I also had this problem. Game worked fine last night, wouldn't launch after the patch today. Reinstalling the entire game didn't fix it. I tried installing Origin like someone else said worked for them, and it fixed it for me as well.

Good for you but to have to install 3rd-party software JUST to play this game is ridiculous.

Especially when it was working fine JUST YESTERDAY!!

Thanks for the advice. I was able to get the game to run through Origin. I cannot play the game directly any more even though I could run the game without Origin yesterday. If I try to run the game by launching the application from the SWTOR folder then it crashes after I click play from the launcher.

Okay. After EXTENSIVE research, I discovered something that will cause many of you here to tear your hair out in rage :

A simple solution that works. (at least it did for me)

Go to the swtor.exe file,

right-click, click properties,

go to the Compatibility tab,

and under Compatibility Mode..."check" the box there and make sure the selection below says Windows XP (Service Pack 3), then click apply.

Next go to launcher.exe , and do the same as above (I discovered if you only do just swtor.exe, the program will run but you will encounter the server screen with no servers listed instead of the screen with your character).

Once you do both, run the launcher again, log in, hit play...and you're back in business.

I had done all of the other crappy so-called solutions and even re-installed the game from the beginning which, even without bitraider(which I'm not using), takes quite awhile to reinstall.

Imagine my shock that all the issue was....was a compatibility issue with the main files. SMH.

Okay. After EXTENSIVE research, I discovered something that will cause many of you here to tear your hair out in rage :

and under Compatibility Mode..."check" the box there and make sure the selection below says Windows XP (Service Pack 3), then click apply.

Next go to launcher.exe , and do the same as above (I discovered if you only do just swtor.exe, the program will run but you will encounter the server screen with no servers listed instead of the screen with your character).

Once you do both, run the launcher again, log in, hit play...and you're back in business.

I had done all of the other crappy so-called solutions and even re-installed the game from the beginning which, even without bitraider(which I'm not using), takes quite awhile to reinstall.

Imagine my shock that all the issue was....was a compatibility issue with the main files. SMH.

Nope. Still not working. :/

Thanks for the advice. I was able to get the game to run through Origin. I cannot play the game directly any more even though I could run the game without Origin yesterday. If I try to run the game by launching the application from the SWTOR folder then it crashes after I click play from the launcher.

How are you playing it through Origin? I've already bought the game once, and subbed. I'm not paying again, and the free to ply link just takes you to swtor.com to download the game, which... doesn't solve the launch issue at all. Is there a way to use Origin to just launch it?

EA...BIOWARE....

YOUR PATCH MESSED UP YOUR LAUNCHER!!

NO ONE CAN GET INTO THE GAME!!!

Not sure if you're trolling but, like most things these days, there's only a very small fringe of "affected" people. Everyone else is logging into SWTOR and playing just fine.

Regardless, another option (besides ranting in the barely seen 'Star Forge' forums) would be to go where the actual updates & info posts: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9892934#edit9892934

I also have this problem. I also only just resubscribed over the weekend gearing up for holiday events and then this happens! :mad: I have reinstalled the game TWICE! To no avail. I tried the Origin route, but it just redirected me back to the download file here. Which I've already tried twice with no success. Also the launcher no longer has ST and won't repair no matter what I do.

Not sure if you're trolling but, like most things these days, there's only a very small fringe of "affected" people. Everyone else is logging into SWTOR and playing just fine.

Regardless, another option (besides ranting in the barely seen 'Star Forge' forums) would be to go where the actual updates & info posts: https://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9892934#edit9892934

Yeah I was just airing my frustration at that point.

Everything is working fine after that little fix I found.

I also have this problem. I also only just resubscribed over the weekend gearing up for holiday events and then this happens! :mad: I have reinstalled the game TWICE! To no avail. I tried the Origin route, but it just redirected me back to the download file here. Which I've already tried twice with no success. Also the launcher no longer has ST and won't repair no matter what I do.

So you tried my method and it still doesn't work?

Are you sure you actually went to BOTH the "swtor.exe" file *AND* the "launcher.exe" file, and put them both with a Compatibility Mode of Windows XP(Service Pack 3)?

I think you should go back to them and try again. (don't forget to click "apply" before clicking the "ok" button)

I had to reinstall the game, too prior to finding this method so I feel your pain.

But I don't see how you are still unable to play when you have the same identical issue as I did.

Edited by Naygus

How are you playing it through Origin? I've already bought the game once, and subbed. I'm not paying again, and the free to ply link just takes you to swtor.com to download the game, which... doesn't solve the launch issue at all. Is there a way to use Origin to just launch it?

Yes, I launched the Origin game launcher and added SWTOR to the game library. I did not order the game through Origin or have to pay for it again. I did not have to redownload the game either. The original game, with this controversial patch, worked.

Edited by AzureDarkstone

So you tried my method and it still doesn't work?

Are you sure you actually went to BOTH the "swtor.exe" file *AND* the "launcher.exe" file, and put them both with a Compatibility Mode of Windows XP(Service Pack 3)?

I think you should go back to them and try again. (don't forget to click "apply" before clicking the "ok" button)

I had to reinstall the game, too prior to finding this method so I feel your pain.

But I don't see how you are still unable to play when you have the same identical issue as I did.

I've done all these things and every other suggestion available online, and still nothing works. I have the same issue that they do. Origin just sends me back here.

The XP SP3 fix FINALLY worked!!! I had to Clean Install again to fix an issue, then I was able to get into the files I needed to fix the Compatibility on both. Now it works. I passed the info onto the tech support dude that was helping me so he could pass it on as well. Thanks yall.

Thank you very much. I was about to permanently uninstall SWTOR.