The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ordinary, everyday clothes.

JediQuaker

I realize there is an overall "Star Wars" aesthetic that the game generally wants to maintain, but there are more than enough Star Wars-y armour sets to appease most players.

What I'd like to see would be some more 'ordinary' looking, but stylish, armor. Things like:

Leather and or cloth jackets.

Shoes - particularly 'doc martin' types and/or hiking boots.

Cargo shorts, jeans, skirts.

Hats - as opposed to 'helmets'.

LBD - little black dress.

Etc. 🙂

Doc Marten's, with an E, not an I.

Which are nothing like hiking boots. (I have some DMs, and some Timberland hiking boots, and no, they aren't the same.)

If I said 'doc martens' and/or ballet slippers, would you feel the need to say Doc Martens are not ballet slippers, duh? 😂

we've been asking for this for a while, on many threads. Hopefully they'll listen one day.

I'd like to see some pj's, housecoats/bathrobes too, for lounging around the stronghold on lazy days.

Some proper swimming attire, both male and female.

A decent tux, and a long black dress.

Some of our chars are just ordinary people and would like to look like it ;)

Some plain scrubs , or doctor coats would be grand, without stupid logos on them, or flashy stuff. And some lab assistant clothes which are just plain, ordinary, no bells or whistles...lol

Edited by DarkTergon

I like the idea of regular clothes. I would be happy if we could even get sets based on the clothes worn by NPCs in places like Iziz City and Zakuul's Spires. Incidentally, those happen to be unique combinations made from pieces of existing armor, some of which are not available to players without the extra armoring, patches, belts, dohickeys, etc.

There's many that pass as that. Check out smuggler/scout gear at the adaptive vendor on fleet, raid chests on Ord Mantell and Hutta. Stuff like leatheris jackets (frilled or not).

A great leather jacket is the crafted Drelliad jacket :cool:

Also sets like Organa statesman or Alde statseman or sly operator come to mind. Mission Vao's is a sleeveless smuggler's jacket.

CARGO PANTS : Opportunistic rogue pants, squadron leader pants, and the plain republic squadron leader pants you get at character creation

Edited by BenduKundalini

A great leather jacket is the crafted Drelliad jacket :cool:

It's not too bad - I use it in one outfit - but it is rather low rez and doesn't look right, up close. The jacket and underlying shirt are like all one piece with no separation.

In any case, I'm aware of those pieces you linked. I even use some of them, and some aren't bad. I want more. 🙂

It's not too bad - I use it in one outfit - but it is rather low rez and doesn't look right, up close. The jacket and underlying shirt are like all one piece with no separation.

In any case, I'm aware of those pieces you linked. I even use some of them, and some aren't bad. I want more. 🙂

..you're welcome :rolleyes:

I'd like actual pants and not capris...and more pants with pockets? Shorts and leather pants, and pants that look like jeans. T shirts and tank tops. Regular sweaters. Clothing that doesn't have gadgets. just normal shirts, pants and hats that don't have mission control attached to them. And other ones look like you're hooked up to life support. Pants that aren't skin tight that look like its going to rip a hole in the *** if you bend or sit. Cargo type pants. Combat boots. I mean they travel all over the galaxy that stuff has to exist some where right? Edited by Criptvampiress

I'd like actual pants and not capris...and pants with pockets?

The problem is not that there aren't *any*, but that there aren't *many*. What a difference one letter makes.

Shorts and leather pants, and pants that look like jeans.

There are a few sets of shorts available, but only a very few, the most notable being the Darth Andeddu and Resort Swimwear ones.

T shirts and tank tops. Regular sweaters. Clothing that doesn't have gadgets. just normal shirts, pants and hats that don't have mission control attached to them.

So long as they are normal *for*Star*Wars*, rather than for Earth.

And other ones look like you're hooked up to life support. Pants that aren't skin tight that look like its going to rip a hole in the *** if you bend or sit. Cargo type pants. Combat boots. I mean they travel all over the galaxy that stuff has to exist some where right?

Why does it *have* to exist? Why can't it be that people in the Star Wars universe wear, well, stuff appropriate to their cultures rather than to ours?

In another of your threads you complain about how things in the game break immersion. It seems that Earth-style clothing (and not even *all* of Earth, either - I don't see you mentioning kimonos, saris, those round-topped hats that some women in places like Bolivia wear, and so on) would break that immersion just as easily.

I'd like actual pants and not capris...and pants with pockets?

The Casual Connoisseur pants have pockets and look a lot like jeans if you dye them blue. There's also a couple others, I think.

Shorts and leather pants, and pants that look like jeans. T shirts and tank tops. Regular sweaters. Clothing that doesn't have gadgets. just normal shirts, pants and hats that don't have mission control attached to them. And other ones look like you're hooked up to life support. Pants that aren't skin tight that look like its going to rip a hole in the *** if you bend or sit. Cargo type pants. Combat boots.

Exactly. 🙂

There are a few sets of shorts available, but only a very few, the most notable being the Darth Andeddu and Resort Swimwear ones.

Two perfect examples of the problem. Darth's shorts look like they have a huge stain at the crotch and the Resort shorts have stripes down the front of the legs for no apparent reason. I'd like some shorts without these graphic 'features'.

(The Resort shorts look fine if you use a black/black or white/white dye so the stripes don't show, but otherwise... )

Why does it *have* to exist? Why can't it be that people in the Star Wars universe wear, well, stuff appropriate to their cultures rather than to ours?

It seems that Earth-style clothing (and not even *all* of Earth, either - I don't see you mentioning kimonos, saris, those round-topped hats that some women in places like Bolivia wear, and so on) would break that immersion just as easily.

No, 'earth style' clothing, including kimonos, saris, etc, would not break immersion. Crypt's point (I think) is that, in an entire galaxy there must be many, many styles of clothing. Just look at the variety of clothing in the various cantina and crowd scenes in the movies.

Overall, most of the armor in SWTOR has a very narrow "Star Warsey" sort of aesthetic. Surely there must be more variety in an entire galaxy. As you say - stuff appropriate to their cultures. 🙂

Edited by JediQuaker

The problem is not that there aren't *any*, but that there aren't *many*. What a difference one letter makes.

So long as they are normal *for*Star*Wars*, rather than for Earth.

In another of your threads you complain about how things in the game break immersion. It seems that Earth-style clothing (and not even *all* of Earth, either - I don't see you mentioning kimonos, saris, those round-topped hats that some women in places like Bolivia wear, and so on) would break that immersion just as easily.

I didn't feel the need to list a bunch of styles of clothing from all over the globe. Just a few pieces that I would like to see. I'm not asking for them to run around in lingerie and stilettos, just asking for more casual clothing like the post implied. Some of the Star Wars styles were based on real life anyway. Would a t-shirt and shorts really break immersion? They could remodel them to be more space/star wars friendly.

Also Queen Amidala wore outfits that were based off of kimonos so it really wouldn't be a stretch to add some...

Edited by Criptvampiress

Two perfect examples of the problem. Darth's shorts look like they have a huge stain at the crotch and the Resort shorts have stripes down the front of the legs for no apparent reason. I'd like some shorts without these graphic 'features'.

(The Resort shorts look fine if you use a black/black or white/white dye so the stripes don't show, but otherwise... )

No, 'earth style' clothing, including kimonos, saris, etc, would not break immersion. Crypt's point (I think) is that, in an entire galaxy there must be many, many styles of clothing. Just look at the variety of clothing in the various cantina and crowd scenes in the movies.

Overall, most of the armor in SWTOR has a very narrow "Star Warsey" sort of aesthetic. Surely there must be more variety in an entire galaxy. As you say - stuff appropriate to their cultures. 🙂

Exactly, I just meant that the galaxy is a large place and yet clothing options are limited and most of them reskins.

. I'm not asking for them to run around in lingerie and stilettos,

We could probably use more of those, especially stilettos.....

.Some of the Star Wars styles were based on real life anyway. Would a t-shirt and shorts really break immersion?

Personally I'd prefer the more casual look, rather than 'spaceman' stuff. Or worse, those outfits that have the stupid flaps on the front. It's like in Real Life, everyone's taste is different, so the more variety you have, the better the choice people have. And variety is the spice of life ;)

We could probably use more of those, especially stilettos.....

Personally I'd prefer the more casual look, rather than 'spaceman' stuff. Or worse, those outfits that have the stupid flaps on the front. It's like in Real Life, everyone's taste is different, so the more variety you have, the better the choice people have. And variety is the spice of life ;)

Wait you don't like the flaps? The humanity! Yeah not a fan of those myself. Or capes, too many capes... :p

Also the big bulky pauldrons, its a wonder they can fit through the doors with those let alone fight. Bulkier armor just gives the enemy a bigger target. Not to mention it'd slow them down and hinder their movements. Certain casual clothing might actually be more practical in the long run.

Edited by Criptvampiress

Also Queen Amidala wore outfits that were based off of kimonos so it really wouldn't be a stretch to add some...

I would LOVE to see some new high res outrageous Amedala and prequel poofy Palpatine type outfits that state officials might wear.

Edited by TyrFoge