Global Inventory Search

denavin

Can we have a Global Inventory Search....

A Search where we can enter the name of an item and have it search our entire inventory. That would include:

All Characters Bags, on both Republic and Empire characters

All Cargo Hold inventory, on both Republic and Empire characters

And the Legacy Bank

All with ONE Search. Then have the search return where the item is located.

ie,... Item <name>, Located in character <name> Cargo Hold: Bank 3 Slot 3 or Character' <name> Bags: Bag 1 Slot 3

or Item<name>, Location Legacy Bank 4 Slot 25 ....ect

This would make finding that one illusive item that you KNOW you have on one of your MANY characters in one of MANY locations but JUST CAN NOT FIND.

A Global Search would eliminate this problem.

• Like 1

Can we have a Global Inventory Search....

A Search where we can enter the name of an item and have it search our entire inventory. That would include:

All Characters Bags, on both Republic and Empire characters

All Cargo Hold inventory, on both Republic and Empire characters

And the Legacy Bank

All with ONE Search. Then have the search return where the item is located.

ie,... Item <name>, Located in character <name> Cargo Hold: Bank 3 Slot 3 or Character' <name> Bags: Bag 1 Slot 3

or Item<name>, Location Legacy Bank 4 Slot 25 ....ect

This would make finding that one illusive item that you KNOW you have on one of your MANY characters in one of MANY locations but JUST CAN NOT FIND.

A Global Search would eliminate this problem.

I do like this idea, but it would probably be a lot of work, possibly too much for them to implement

Agree on both counts; that I like the idea and that we probably wouldn't get it.

Can I throw in an additional search location? Strongholds. I don't know about anyone else, but it always annoys me when I can't remember which stronghold I put a particular decoration in and have to go hunting all of them room by room until I can find it. Even just telling me which Stronghold without being able to specify the room would be nice since it would narrow down the search area.

They did it on Everquest 2 about 6 years ago and it was really great. Would be nice if they could do that on SWToR with players that have multiple character like my self it is a Pita trying to find that ONE thing you know you have. But then I have to spend an hour or so logging from one character to another trying to find it....

I only have 26 characters I know there are players with a hundred or more.

As for difficulty in execution, it's a simple Data Base Search. The Data Base will have all the necessary information.. All they will need to do is format it then design and program the interface for the Player to use....

Edited by denavin

• 10 months later...

Search is something it's missing , when you want to look in your bank in each tab you have to go and look every item to find it and think about i, you have sometimes to search the whole bank 7 tabs.

A search would be a gift from god ..............

Many times i am trying to find something in legacy bank or in every character's bank and i am very furstrated ...

• 1 year later...
I do like this idea, but it would probably be a lot of work, possibly too much for them to implement

Some of us are paying them money, monthly, to play this game. Some others of us are buying stuff from the Cartel Market. Some of us do both.

None of us should be in the habit of making excuses for why they can't do this that or the other. I'm not trying to knock you back or anything. It's something I see in a lot of comments.

We seem to be coming to expect mediocrity from Bioware. Rather than feeling relieved that their customers are lowering the bar for them, Bioware should feel mortified that we are looking down on their capabilities and expecting them to not do great things.

Like you, I think this idea has merit. It should be on their "TO DO" list. I hope Bioware will do this.

• 1 year later...

Bump. Currently looking for a tactical that I know I have somewhere... but in 80+ alts it is very difficult to find. A function on character selection screen to search for the name of an item (example), telling us at least name of character(s), maybe cargo bay number/inventory, would really help in these situations. I've heard that customer service can locate items more easily than us, also there are lots of BoL items in game at the moment, making this a useful function for many.