The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dye Creation Station

Screaming_Ziva

First of all, please do not turn this into a thread of "overhaul the dye system". That is not going to happen. What I am suggesting is this, create a "Dye Creation Station".

This could be a very simple machine where you insert a primary dye and a secondary dye and it then spits out (for a price) a single dye with the primary and secondary colors you picked.

For example, I could insert the following:

Primary Deep Red Dye Module

Secondary Deep Red Dye Module

And it would return:

Deep Red Dye and Deep Red Dye Module

This would allow for a lot more color combinations and allow players to create combinations that are not currently available. Dyes in the future could then be released in primary and secondary colors so players can combine them without Bioware having to overhaul the entire dye system.

Edited by Screaming_Ziva

I do like the idea, but, you'll have people putting in a prim black dye, and a sec black dye, getting a black/black dye

which sounds ok, but credit wise, or cc wise, this way runs out cheaper for them, and 'might' end up generating less cc/cash for BW, etc.

A possible add on would be that the dyes are BoP, that way people can't sell them on the gtn, etc. It might ofset the chances of them losing dye sales /shrug

I do like the idea, but, you'll have people putting in a prim black dye, and a sec black dye, getting a black/black dye

which sounds ok, but credit wise, or cc wise, this way runs out cheaper for them, and 'might' end up generating less cc/cash for BW, etc.

A possible add on would be that the dyes are BoP, that way people can't sell them on the gtn, etc. It might ofset the chances of them losing dye sales /shrug

BoP or BoL would definitely be the best way to go about this. Not sure if they could do BoL dyes but I've seen bound dyes so that would be a possibility.

Also, since the nightlife event gives cartel certificates, you could easily buy the primary and secondary black dye modules with the certificates, which would lower the sales of their best selling dye Black/Black.

I do like the idea proposed, but I can see it hurting cartel market purchases, which may not be good for the game.

Also, since the nightlife event gives cartel certificates, you could easily buy the primary and secondary black dye modules with the certificates, which would lower the sales of their best selling dye Black/Black.

I do like the idea proposed, but I can see it hurting cartel market purchases, which may not be good for the game.

I didn't think you can you get both of them from the vendors? (Been a while since I looked)

Would definitely be an issue, if so

Edited by DarkTergon

A somewhat simpler thing would be if primary and secondary dye slots were entirely separate. That is, you could put a 'primary' dye AND a secondary dye into a dye slot without one overwriting the other.

Neither thing is apt happen though.

I don't really see how that is simpler as that would require modifications to every gear piece.

I don't really see how that is simpler as that would require modifications to every gear piece.

would it be that hard, every piece already has a dye slot, would it be possible to have them have two instead, a primary(which could also hold a two dye) and the secondary slot. Basically, if you put in a double dye, the secondary slot becomes disabled. if you put in a primary, then the secondary slot would be available.

Again, I'm not a programmer, so I'm not even sure it'd be possible, or if it would be too difficult/time consuming