PvP and Why It Sucks (As a level 50 Marauder)

Ceraz

BUMP. I compeltely agree with everything the OP has state. I play a Marauder as well and I love it, but seriously it's like loving a child only a mother could love. We are so weak compared to the other classes. I have faith that Bioware will address these issues and eventually the Marauder weaknesses. I just hope sooner than later because so many things are frustrating as Marauder class.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP: Your entire post is discredited because you are still not aware what resolve is. Therefore until you learn whats actually going on around you and stop being bad. Do not post on our forums thanks.

Resolve caps after 2 stuns, and ticks down during the stun, making it worthless. Thanks for trying to insult me though.

Marauders / Sentinels are borderline OP, so no need to whine about them.

After that comment I would say you are borderline crazy.. no offense intended ;)

I like my Marauder, and I do quite well as one, but there is no denying that we have to work more for our kills then other classes, not the mention the skill requirement for playing a marauder sucsessfully is also higher, not to mention we are extremly gear dependant.

I can do very well with a semi decent team, but solo queuing is more or less out of the question, because it just becomes frustrating trying to pin down enemies alone with lack of cc etc.

However to me the biggest issues with marauder is this:

1) Cannot charge or Interupt people in cover from behind, this does not make sense at all, snipers/gunslingers are a ranged class, once you finally close in on them they should be at a disadvantage, but since you cannot interupt them this is not the case.

2) Our pvp armor does not give us actual useful bonuses, I really miss a bonus that gives us more rage gain or simply less rage cost on a ability.

3) We have alot of abilities that are just buggy, and don't activate properly, such as saberward which can be a real pain in the *** to active, or our execute which takes to long to go off, takes to much rage, and does less damage hten massacre, or our gore + retaliation which just turns into chickenwing animation if you hit the key once more then needed in the excitement, and our force scream which gives us a to big of a GCD on our abilities, breaking the flow of combat.

4) Don't even get me started on ravage, It bugs out way to easily, leaving you helpless for up to 5 seconds.

Basicly what im saying is, marauder is not so much underpowered as it is buggy, or just poorly thought trough, we need changes/fixes, not buffs (yet).

But we need these fixes asap, because they are making the class a pain in the *** to play at times.

Edited by Munx

After that comment I would say you are borderline crazy.. no offense intended ;)

Although I've started to learn the class now, aswell as gotten some gear. Nothing can beat me 1v1 aslong as my PvP trinket is up, not possible.

And the fact that I am one of the few classes that can charge in to people and never die because of the amount of survivability abilities I have.

I have seen so many Marauders/Sentinels keyboard turn it is unbelievable. With a class like that you need to position yourself well. I have also seen some amazing Marauders/Sentinels that destroy everything in their paths.

Although I've started to learn the class now, aswell as gotten some gear. Nothing can beat me 1v1 aslong as my PvP trinket is up, not possible.

And the fact that I am one of the few classes that can charge in to people and never die because of the amount of survivability abilities I have.

1) Nothing can beat you? this makes me question your pvp experience, I am one of the better marauders on my server, and while I generally can take out any class in 1v1, there are 2 exceptions to this "rule", Snipers because of theyr instant deploy cover, and scoundrels if they decide to engage me in a 1v1.

2) Pvp is not about 1v1, so while we are great at 1v1, we are very much lacking in group battles, as for the survivability abilities you mention, come on, while they are awesome, they have massive cooldowns, and if you arnt playing against complete "newbies" they will have a high enough accuracy stat saberward will still only be a minimal help.

I would know, I break trough other marauders saberwards like it was hot butter.

The fact that you more or less say you never die is nothing short of hillarious to me.

So you can jump over the fire in hut ball is that ok? No other class can do that. So if you take our stealh away then lets take your jump and leep to a secound floor away.

Juggs can, Power Techs can... and you can just run through it.

1) Nothing can beat you? this makes me question your pvp experience, I am one of the better marauders on my server, and while I generally can take out any class in 1v1, there are 2 exceptions to this "rule", Snipers because of theyr instant deploy cover, and scoundrels if they decide to engage me in a 1v1.

2) Pvp is not about 1v1, so while we are great at 1v1, we are very much lacking in group battles, as for the survivability abilities you mention, come on, while they are awesome, they have massive cooldowns, and if you arnt playing against complete "newbies" they will have a high enough accuracy stat saberward will still only be a minimal help.

I would know, I break trough other marauders saberwards like it was hot butter.

The fact that you more or less say you never die is nothing short of hillarious to me.

1, With the amount of cooldowns we have to comopletely mitigate damage aswell as the heavy burst from Watchman there is simply nothing that can beat a Sentinel / Marauder in a 1v1.

2, Sure its not about 1v1, but I can still run into pretty much 3-4 people and be able to kill one before I can escape, although this obviously depends on what kind of CC im getting, but usually I can burst someone down with ease. If I have a healer with me I am immortal, thats just the way it is.

I have seen so many Marauders/Sentinels keyboard turn it is unbelievable. With a class like that you need to position yourself well. I have also seen some amazing Marauders/Sentinels that destroy everything in their paths.

Me too, they were lv 50 power levelers with epic PvP gear beating on lv 10-49 players.

Even with OP gear Marauder is still the least threatening class in PvP.

Marauders / Sentinels are borderline OP, so no need to whine about them.

What level Marauder have you been playing? At low levels Marauders are amazing. As soon as you reach past 40, it's not exactly the most fun class to play anymore.

Me too, they were lv 50 power levelers with epic PvP gear beating on lv 10-49 players.

Nope, against other level 50s. They melt faces.

But you have to understand, non-stealth melee are always more dependent on healers like in every other MMO.

I would agree. The defensive cooldowns are ridiculously long for a non-stealth based melee character.

Edited by Ceraz

What level Marauder have you been playing? At low levels Marauders are amazing. As soon as you reach past 40, it's not exactly the most fun class to play anymore.

Been playing it in PvP from 10 to 50, enjoyed it all the way through but really shines at level 50 when you start getting some gear.

Yes, I said risk and reward. So I'm trudging along for a while on Tatooine when I finally come across my first Republic player in the open world. I quickly get a jump on him and after fighting him for a few moments, I get that exciting deathblow... annndd... nothing. Nothing happened. There was no XP bonus, no form of token, not even a 'valor' increase.

I'm glad i'm not the only one dissapointed by this too. Big :(.

We should get Valor for open world PvP Kills!.

45 seconds on vanish.

60 seconds on a 20% damage reduction.

60 seconds on Pacify.

Thats not very long at all.

In terms of something like open world PvP not at all. In a cluser$*@# like Huttball? That's getting close to 1/10 of a match or more.

Definately not.

Incorrect.

1. Marauders don't do any more damage than any other DPS spec'd class in the game.

2. They are pure melee outside of sabre tosses.

3. 1 hard CC, its melee range, and its channeled.

4. Average survivability, strictly in terms of soaking damage. Other classes may be squishier, but they have a lot more CC, heals, range/kite that make them harder to kill.

However good you may or may not be with a Marauder, you would be doing even better playing any other class in the game currently. Its not even up for debate.

Marauder is perfectly fine in PvE, but for PvP it falls flat on its face. Anyone playing Marauder would've been better off rolling as a DPS Jugger.

This is why i gave up maurauder. I LOVED the class, but its not worth it to play a cannon foddder pvp class and a pve class that almost dies after every pull later.

You must not know how to play one then, like 70% of this thread is already saying, you have to learn first before you can cry about it, they have alot of tools to use, its not for the faceroll kids at home, so l2p...

I completely agree with you OP.

I stopped Open world after I realized I was getting nothing from OWPvP.

I agree with the feeling that Marauders are weak at 50 vs others even with PVP gear.

Well done on the post +1.

/signed, comming from a sith jug, which only stun is a CHANNEL force choke, and only real cc is a force crush, which is an end tier ability in my talent tree..

Melee in general in this game are so broken and weak that it actually keeps me from playing untill they fix it.

cheers