How about letting F2P players make suggestions?

gaspafjmop

I understand that Subscribed players should have more benefits, but come on! Not even letting normal players make a suggestion?!

This is a hot button issue on here that always inspires a lot of thinly disguised class elitism i.e "Pshaw! those grubby underclassers will lower the quality of posting in this fine establishment!" But it's also moot for two reasons.

1) Nobody reads Suggestions anyway, including BW. It should be renamed the Wishful Thinking forum. New Player Help, or even just Bug Reports, would be a lot more useful. But even there it doesn't matter because

2) the game is on Steam now, and steam has its own forums and guides and community content, and you don't have to be a sub to access that. For all we know, the devs may be interested in reading that stuff. I personally doubt they read anything at all [MAYYYBE Twitter] but eh it's worth a shot.

I understand that Subscribed players should have more benefits, but come on! Not even letting normal players make a suggestion?!

I like the hidden assumption that it is "normal" to play an online game without paying for it. Remember that at its heart, SWTOR is a subscriber game with an amazingly generous free to play option. (Compare e.g. World of Warcraft, where trial and other non-subscribed accounts cannot advance beyond level 20...)

I like the hidden assumption that it is "normal" to play an online game without paying for it. Remember that at its heart, SWTOR is a subscriber game with an amazingly generous free to play option. (Compare e.g. World of Warcraft, where trial and other non-subscribed accounts cannot advance beyond level 20...)

It is indeed very generous.. You can play every class story up to level 55 + all the side quests and most of the flashpoints. That is a lot of content to be played for free, without paying. ;)

And it could be said that BW would rather pay attention to suggestions by people who have some skin in this game, i.e., subscribers, rather than people who've yet to demonstrate any investment or loyalty at all.

A new FTP player on his first day of playing the game marches out to this forum to kavetch about a, b, and c and then makes a big production that he's rage quitting doesn't exactly do the forums any good, doesn't move Bioware to do anything, and just junks up the forums.

Want a voice, subscribe.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Another way to look at it, I cannot march into a publicly-traded company's shareholder meeting, sit down, and start voting people off the board of directors if I have not invested in that company, i.e., if I don't own stock in that company. Because I'm not a shareholder, I cannot materially participate in shareholder meetings.

I can watch, but can't vote.

You want a voice, drop the money.

Edited by xordevoreaux

T

2) the game is on Steam now, and steam has its own forums and guides and community content, and you don't have to be a sub to access that. For all we know, the devs may be interested in reading that stuff. I personally doubt they read anything at all [MAYYYBE Twitter] but eh it's worth a shot.

According to steam, to post on their forums, you have to purchase at least €5 worth of something from their store. so you may not need to be a sub, you still need to pay to chat...lol

<snip>

1) Nobody reads Suggestions anyway, including BW. It should be renamed the Wishful Thinking forum. New Player Help, or even just Bug Reports, would be a lot more useful. But even there it doesn't matter because

<snip>

They likely do read them. They don't post in the Suggestion forum and no, they don't implement every suggestion made but a number of suggestions that have been made here have been implemented. I suppose an argument could be made that BW came up with the ideas independently but they've also said they read the Suggestion forum. And again, you could argue that they're just lying but eh, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.