The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

GTN Issue??

Snert

Just purchased like 30 million credits worth of items on the GTN and when I got to my mailbox to claim the items, there is nothing there. The mail icon showed that I have 12 messages, and now it shows zero.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Usually when that happens I get a note with the money back for the transaction having been reversed.

Why that happens I can only guess, and my guess (probably totally wrong) is that there was a database collision between my transaction and another buyer, in that we both had, in a tight space of time, attempted to buy the same thing, and the other buyer won out.

Never remember that happening so many times in a row, though.

Usually when that happens I get a note with the money back for the transaction having been reversed.

Why that happens I can only guess, and my guess (probably totally wrong) is that there was a database collision between my transaction and another buyer, in that we both had, in a tight space of time, attempted to buy the same thing, and the other buyer won out.

Never remember that happening so many times in a row, though.

Probably shouldn't have happened for 12 items, but it could be he was tring to buy something another user was quicker clicking on. But it depends on what it was, aand if he got the credits back

Just purchased like 30 million credits worth of items on the GTN and when I got to my mailbox to claim the items, there is nothing there. The mail icon showed that I have 12 messages, and now it shows zero.

Has this happened to anyone else?

I had 9 mails and when I checked, it showed I has 9 successful sales but when I clicked on them they said there was a mail server error and when I checked again all my mails were gone. Even the ones that I never even check like the 1st anniversary fireworks which I have no interest in. I closed the game and started it again and it was all back and I was able to receive my monies.

Yeah, I just logged into a character, said she had 7 messages (not even GTN, just story related). I checked one, tried to check another, got a mail server error, closed the mailbox then reopened it, no messages at all (even old ones I'd had before), logged to character select and then back into the same character, still no messages. Then I exited the game, logged back in. The social bar said I had 0 new messages but when I checked the mailbox everything was there again and I was able to check my mail normally.

Hopefully this doesn't keep happening.

I've never had an issue like that before but my suggestion would be to make a post about it in the bug section or send a pm to someone like eric musco so he could take a look into it and send it to the dev team

It depends, if he didn't get the items, and the credits weren't returned (ie, someone bought them first), then definatly stick it in the bug forum, but they need to check and make sure the credits didn't come back

Edited by DarkTergon

Something weird is going on with GTN/mail, but it is not happening consistently. 2 characters I had the problem with today and 4 others I did not. Here is what occurred and screenshots.

Logged into character. The mail indicator (that moves around when you don't want it to) showed 32 mails in the mailbox and the mailbox itself had the symbol above it indicating that there was indeed mail.

https://imgur.com/a/QBkyMbw

When I clicked on the mail box though the mail was blank - nothing there and the mail indicated changed to zero. You can see the credit amount did not change, but all 32 mails were gone. *poof*

https://imgur.com/a/iNfpCrA

I logged out of that character and right back in and no change. No mail, no mail indicator, no nothing.

So cancelled a listing and logged out of that character and then back into the affected character and even though the mail indicator shows 1 mail (perhaps the cancelled listing), you can see when I clicked on the mailbox all 32 messages were present - plus the cancelled listing item.

https://imgur.com/a/vvxRylj

Fortunately it did not end up in me getting ripped off, but I did experience a mild Myocardial infarction. This should be investigated and fixed.

Edited by Drew_Braxton