Nice to see some moderately positive news about the game

xordevoreaux

otoh, this was a link on the same page.

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-knights-old-republic-modern-sequel/

While an MMO released in 2011 continued the series' story in a few ways, the core Knights of the Old Republic franchise has essentially laid dormant since 2004, which is far too long. It's time for Bioware to revive the franchise and give fans a third game in the legendary series.

That's it, they don't refer to this game again and don't mention it by name, just "an MMO". Kind of hard to imagine BW - or anyone - randomly making a single player direct sequel to kotor at this point.

I'd prefer a sequel that takes place far enough after the movies, that I could have access to all the things we've seen in the movies.

X-Wing? Yes please!

I don't mind the class setup here, but I wouldn't mind a little more freedom in the builds that a sequel could give.

In various "Top 10 MMORPG" videos and articles SWTOR actually still ranks decently high, even re-overtaking some of the later released asian MMOs. Despite all the problems and mismanagement throughout the years you can see the solid core that a true triple AAA title can rely on, and that the MMO market is still WoW > everything else. SWTOR doesn't need to hide behind GW2, ESO or FFIXV at all, there is just a lot of unused potential, especially in terms of marketing.

For example I have never seen a sponsored SWTOR stream or YouTube video. The other mentioned games do that with every expansion or raid release it feels like.

In various "Top 10 MMORPG" videos and articles SWTOR actually still ranks decently high, even re-overtaking some of the later released asian MMOs. Despite all the problems and mismanagement throughout the years you can see the solid core that a true triple AAA title can rely on, and that the MMO market is still WoW > everything else. SWTOR doesn't need to hide behind GW2, ESO or FFIXV at all, there is just a lot of unused potential, especially in terms of marketing.

For example I have never seen a sponsored SWTOR stream or YouTube video. The other mentioned games do that with every expansion or raid release it feels like.

Just more proof this game is managed awfully. Actually, that's part of "community management," right? :rak_02:

Edited by Lhancelot

"A KotOR 3 would be nice" is not saying "ignore the TOR storyline."

Ok, well nvm the fact that the article doesn't even mention TOR by name...how would they actually do it? How do you make kotor3 without ignoring this game? I mean, I wish they had made kotor3 instead, but that ship has sailed.

It was short, concise and fair. Not exactly news but a decent article that lets people know that the door is still open for new and returning players. As much as I appreciate these articles, I'd love to see some newer pieces that call out current issues from the perspective of vets and new players as well as highlighting what really sets SWTOR apart from the rest of the MMORPG landscape besides "Bioware Stories mkay?". Something with some depth, that does more than JUST funnel more people back or into the game.

A piece by Heather Alexandra, on Kotaku back from 2018, put me on an emotional rollercoaster because it gave great insight from that of a player who was actually in the thick of it, engaged with their communities, has vibrant memories of a different time for the game and shares a lot of the experience that I swing back to myself. Of course, she still recommends the game but in a more intimate manner. I'd like to think many of us had our journies with this game, filled with experiences worth noting personally, so seeing that says a lot. In a way, intertwining the 'what's new with Swtor' style of articles with some personal reflections communicates that the game was worth more than a 'review' or a check-in, but was worth some emotional investment and presumably still is.

The article I mentioned: https://kotaku.com/looking-back-on-my-former-life-in-star-wars-the-old-re-1831296807