Nightlife's supposed "New" items.

Drimon

With the Nightlife event on..

I was a bit hyped after reading about the supposed "New Kingpin’s Predator Mount" and "New Taxidermy Stronghold Decorations" but when I got on.. ? Where is the mount? And the Taxidermy in the vendor is just the Onderon Rep ones..? So not new at all. IS this bugged or is this it?

Edited by Drimon

I was a bit hyped after reading about the supposed "New Kingpin’s Predator Mount" and "New Taxidermy Stronghold Decorations" but when I got on.. ? Where is the mount? And the Taxidermy in the vendor is just the Onderon Rep ones..? So not new at all. IS this bugged or is this it?

Haven't seen the mount, but the deco's are different....they are gold,..... yes, gold.....aren't we sooooo lucky :rolleyes:

At least they are there, stupid guy doesn't spawn on nar, and meksha is level 75 only

I also noticed that the companion this year is the same as last, the Rodian. And the Gam is still for sale at the vendor. Kind of expecting something new there.

The mount is probably available via the new Emperor's machine. Except that it doesn't work. Maybe we need to kneel before the Emperor's machine of Zakuul?

the one near the entrance works, but the other one near the 3 vendors doesn't. At least that's the way it was on the pvp instance...lol

Haven't seen the mount, but the deco's are different....they are gold,..... yes, gold.....aren't we sooooo lucky :rolleyes:

At least they are there, stupid guy doesn't spawn on nar, and meksha is level 75 only

I just want to point out there is an upscale bolster on mek-sha, but it's buggy, I had to die and go back to med center before the bolster applied.

I just want to point out there is an upscale bolster on mek-sha, but it's buggy, I had to die and go back to med center before the bolster applied.

lol, I died but rezzed there, will have to try that and see if it works. After waitng nearly 40 mins for the nar shadda guy, who never spawned, and then the mek sha, I just gave up, will ty again tomorrow, with one of my 75's just in case :)

Personally, I would have much preferred seeing Paxton Rall brought back for those who missed him rather than the same two companions featured the last two years. Have him hanging out at the bar would have been perfect. And if the Gamorrean is available through the vendor, why isn't the Rodian as well since he's also from a prior event (i.e. not new)?

Griping aside, here's some helpful tips:

• If the NPC for the counterfeit coins quest on NS isn't spawning, simply change map instances. Fixed it for me.
  • The Emperor's Grace slot machine on the upper deck works. You'll mostly get Kingpin coins and CM certificates.
  • You'll occasionally win Emperor's Grace coins from the Kingpin slot machines.
  • Don't drink from the cantina bar - it's poisoned. (And why half the patrons aren't lying dead on the floor is a mystery.)
  • If you do all the quests, you'll have enough Smugglers and Kingpin coins to make some decent attempts on the slot machines without the need to spend your own credits.

And if the Gamorrean is available through the vendor, why isn't the Rodian as well since he's also from a prior event (i.e. not new)?

The Gamorrean only became available from the vendor when the rodian becaame the prize drop, so we'd probably need another compaanion, before that would happen.

[*]If the NPC for the counterfeit coins quest on NS isn't spawning, simply change map instances. Fixed it for me.

]

Unfortunately you were one of the lucky ones, we had people in different instances, 4 at the time, and he didn't spawn. There were nearly 7 instances at one time, and people said he only spawned in instance 5. :(

Edited by DarkTergon

for me none of the Emperor's Grace machines worked :( - even switching instances didn't help...

didn't they have to fix something similar last year where a lot of the regular machines didn't work either?!

And is there any info (aka clarification) that the new mount can only be won via the (bugged) Emperor's Grace machines?

for me none of the Emperor's Grace machines worked :( - even switching instances didn't help...

didn't they have to fix something similar last year where a lot of the regular machines didn't work either?!

And is there any info (aka clarification) that the new mount can only be won via the (bugged) Emperor's Grace machines?

Since it's called the "Kingpin’s Predator Mount", one would assume it comes from the Kingpin machines. Yesterday someone said they got something new from the Emperor machines. It was a droid name but they didn't say if it was a mount, pet, or companion. I didn't see it so I couldn't confirm.

Got to say its a little disappointing that some of the new deco items were supposed to be onderon rep items(onderon rep vendor is still missing a few, even excluding the taxidermy stuff). But at least they are in game now. The bugs with the emperor slots is a bit annoying. None of them work, even the ones on the top floor don't. Would of been nice if they added one on Mek-Sha, maybe its just a problem with Nar Shaddaa itself

Got to say its a little disappointing that some of the new deco items were supposed to be onderon rep items(onderon rep vendor is still missing a few, even excluding the taxidermy stuff). But at least they are in game now. The bugs with the emperor slots is a bit annoying. None of them work, even the ones on the top floor don't. Would of been nice if they added one on Mek-Sha, maybe its just a problem with Nar Shaddaa itself

It would have been nice if they could fix the issues with the dude on nar, who doesn't spawn in mosts instances, as well as the emperor slots. Doesn't seem to be anything in the notes either, so we either hope for a steatlh fix, or they forgot to add it to the notes (both have happened before), or wonder if they even know what the bug is, and still trying to figure it out .

The mount is probably available via the new Emperor's machine. Except that it doesn't work. Maybe we need to kneel before the Emperor's machine of Zakuul?

Sad to say nothing in the patch notes for 16/07/20 to say it's will be fixed with this update. :(

Sad to say nothing in the patch notes for 16/07/20 to say it's will be fixed with this update. :(

I noticed that, aand have popped the question in to the maintance post, hopefully it might be a stealth fix, or they forgot to add it (both have happened before)

I was lucky enough to see a new instance open up on NS and I was able to hit the Emperor machine. I can confirm that the Kingpin's Predator drops from the Emperor machines:

https://imgur.com/nSZAg6U

Dang, lucky you indeed - me iz jealous ... but at least I managed to click the Emperor’s machine a couple of times and won 300 Kingpin chips - yay me :D ... before it broke again :rolleyes:

I was lucky enough to see a new instance open up on NS and I was able to hit the Emperor machine. I can confirm that the Kingpin's Predator drops from the Emperor machines:

https://imgur.com/nSZAg6U

well done congrats, we're all green with enevy ;)

Dang, lucky you indeed - me iz jealous ... but at least I managed to click the Emperor’s machine a couple of times and won 300 Kingpin chips - yay me :D ... before it broke again :rolleyes:

from one coin?

Edited by DarkTergon

With regard to the Counterfeit Coins quests - I spent a bunch of time trying to find the contact on Mek-sha because Counterfeit Coins: Mek-sha was listed in the overall quest (I forget the name).

It wasn't until I went back to the quest giver and took the separate CC:MS quest, that the contact showed up. Duh :o

Since it was the next day, I had to redo some of the earlier quests to get to the CC:MS quest. 🤔

Basically, you have to do both parts where the quest giver gives you the choice of CC:NS or M-S

Edited by JediQuaker

no, 4 coins :D

lol, still great odds, especially as you got the mount already :) Haven't bothered checking to see if I can find a working one, i log in, then just sit looking at the screen, then decide to turn off the game and do something else...lol