The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

No more companion gifts!

I find it entirely pointless to receive Companion gifts, especially COURTING, as a reward for ultimate cartel packs. For Force sakes, they are meaningless. In my opinion, they are obsolete since the companions are easily upgraded to 50 with a purchase from a Fleet Vendor. I feel taken advantage of when I spend my hard-earned money and receive useless junk in return for supporting this game.

Kindest Regards.

P.S. after opening THREE hyper crates, I received THREE platinum items, and about a dozen and a half gold items. Please fic the algorithm that promotes a higher chance of winning gold items with the more crates that are opened.

I find it entirely pointless to receive Companion gifts, especially COURTING, as a reward for ultimate cartel packs. For Force sakes, they are meaningless. In my opinion, they are obsolete since the companions are easily upgraded to 50 with a purchase from a Fleet Vendor. I feel taken advantage of when I spend my hard-earned money and receive useless junk in return for supporting this game.

Kindest Regards.

P.S. after opening THREE hyper crates, I received THREE platinum items, and about a dozen and a half gold items. Please fic the algorithm that promotes a higher chance of winning gold items with the more crates that are opened.

I don't even bother opening them any more. I have 60% of all armor, 77% of all weapons, 87% of all crystals, 62% of all mounts, etc., so the chances of me getting something off a crate that I don't already have doesn't warrant their acquisition.

not going to happen, they'd have to replace it with something else, or people would complain they are been stiffed, as they'd be getting one item less. And if they did replace it, what would they put in?

I don't even bother opening them any more. I have 60% of all armor, 77% of all weapons, 87% of all crystals, 62% of all mounts, etc., so the chances of me getting something off a crate that I don't already have doesn't warrant their acquisition.

Haven't opened one in ages, same thing...lol. I usually just buy what I want from the gtn. And when I didi buy Hypercraates, I usually held on to them till prices went up, and sold them for profit. But they are gone too expensive now,

Edited by DarkTergon

gifts are not too bad, but need to be leveleed in crafting and not stuck on 5..... some ppl like me, a returning player from L55-60 days.. cant afford all the stuff now :)

guild ships & SH, personal SHx4 took most of what i had back then.. now gear costs mills.. think i had about 35mil between all alts left which was fine back then.. but now, out of 12 alts i have to pick only 3 or 4 i can gear.. but prob only 2 fully at 1st... the game is very expensive now for no apparent reason.. so gifts are ok for me.. the courting is rubbish if that system is still broken?? and drops too often i will admit.. but another more important thing about those gifts.. why cant we give more than 1 at a time if they only give a tiny amount of affection ? like buy or split multiples.. we should be able to give multiple... the whole companion system since they rewrote it is horrible.. especially if all comps were 50 proir to chapters originally,, they all got reset to zero which makes this comp gift x1 thing one of the worst systems in the game.. forcing ppl into finding millions of credits creating more grind and mad rush group environments and overhyped prices :/

• 2 weeks later...

If the conquest objectives for giving companions gifts and leveling them up still work after capping your companion then I still see a use for these gifts. I'm not spending 5+ mill to obtain the compendium from fleet in order to do those easy objectives.

I get what you mean though, maybe they should replace them with something else.

gifts are not too bad, but need to be leveleed in crafting and not stuck on 5..... some ppl like me, a returning player from L55-60 days.. cant afford all the stuff now :)

Which stuff are you trying to buy?

guild ships & SH, personal SHx4 took most of what i had back then.. now gear costs mills..

No, gear does not cost millions unless you want full-whack end-game set bonus gear. Plain 306 gear without set bonuses can be had for just Tech Fragments.

Levelling from 55/60 to 75 does cost credits if you keep upgrading your gear as you go, but not millions.

so gifts are ok for me.. the courting is rubbish if that system is still broken??

They are still broken.

and drops too often i will admit.. but another more important thing about those gifts.. why cant we give more than 1 at a time if they only give a tiny amount of affection ?

Good question, regardless of the point that a properly tuned character can push in excess of 2K Influence (not Affection) points per yellow-tier-6 gift.

like buy or split multiples.. we should be able to give multiple... the whole companion system since they rewrote it is horrible.. especially if all comps were 50 proir to chapters originally,, they all got reset to zero

They did not get reset to anything. If they *did* for you, then there was a bug somewhere. There have been multiple reports of such a bug, but I've never been affected by it myself.(1) (The fact that companions who *were* at 10K Affection became only rank 10 Influence is expected behaviour.)

which makes this comp gift x1 thing one of the worst systems in the game.. forcing ppl into finding millions of credits creating more grind and mad rush group environments and overhyped prices :/

It's not great, but on the scale of bad systems, it's barely more than a blip. Most of the speedrunners in Group Finder are trying to get gear pieces from boss drops (and in parallel earning Tech Fragments) to gear from 268 to 306. Companion gifting doesn't enter into it *at*all*.

(1) I'm not saying it never happens/happened, just that it is not universal.

• 6 months later...
It is very sad that courting gifts still don't work after all this time. This was more important to the general population than the "fix" that they did to crafting for 6.2.1

They've a history of ignoring what the community think are important fixes, to do stuff we think are a waste of time, or are against.

Sales banner, amps, and CQ nerfs, all of which were prioritised over BUG fixes :(