War On Iokath ***?

DaZeeZee

After KotFE and KotET, which a lot of people dont appreciate at all, but I found to be more than decent, I wasn't entirely expecting the war for Iokath story to be complete garbage from the get go. not to mention the broken gameplay and scaling, but thats a different subject. not sure I even care about post Eternal Throne story anymore, they apparently fired their competent writers and replaced them with drunken 1st graders.

You're forced to make a false choice very early on, when there were still far better alternatives. there was no need to side with one side, not even with your fleet disabled. plenty of at least temporary diplomatic solutions.

"So you both claim the other came here first, lets step back and investigate this"

You're forced to make a false choice very early on, when there were still far better alternatives. there was no need to side with one side, not even with your fleet disabled. plenty of at least temporary diplomatic solutions.

"So you both claim the other came here first, lets step back and investigate this"

I agree that Iokath forces an unnecessary binary in your decision and that there should have been a third option*. With regard to the post Eternal Throne story. The Traitor arc (Iokath, Umbara, Copero, and Nathema) admittedly does not start out strong. Iokath forces us into a false choice, the justification for the events that play out from Umbara to Nathema is very flimsy, but if you are in a romance with either Lana or Theron, or if you want to make a big decision about your Alliance team (rather than allowing the decision to be made for you if you choose to skip ahead), then you need to play out the story. Point of advice, when doing the story flashpoints for Umbara, Copero, and Nathema click the Launch button next to the mission in your mission tracker rather than trying to pick up anything from the mission terminal or even walking into the flashpoint. Just click Launch to save a lot of headaches. Post Traitor arc, the story from Jedi Under Siege, Hearts and Minds, Onslaught and beyond is much better (at least in my opinion).

* Purely my opinion. Iokath should have had a third choice. Instead of being forced into choosing a side you should have had the option to try to force a diplomatic solution. Keep the pick a side choice in (certainly there would be some diehards), but I wanted a choice to stay neutral. One that would have said I wasn't going to work with either side unless they worked with me, which could have, through some dialogue options, lead to either a diplomatic situation, perhaps resulting in both companions joining you as diplomatic liaisons, or neither companion joining you and it turning into a three way race to find the 398th super weapon in the game (seriously, there are a lot of super weapons).

OK, that coincides pretty much exactly with my criticism.

Other than being disappointed the stories are the same for everyone, the stories themselves I liked. It was heartbreaking who the traitor is, but it all works out in the end and the traitor wasn't a traitor after all, just stupid.

Yes, this was stupid, but gameplay wise I thought the traitor arc was a lot better than KOTFE/ET. I'm planning on sending my last two alts through the expansions, and I always dread the Zakuul Epic Hero crap and look forward to Iokath and everything that comes afterwards.