The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Previous companion subscriber rewards

okay, so we already have HK-55 in the shop. But what about the others!? Vizla, Okarr, and Rall? Wouldn't it be best to go ahead and release these companions in the market for the same price as HK-55?

And for those who say, "But HK-55 is expensive!!", I say that if they can release Playable characters all with the same CC cost, they can do these subscriber companions at the same price!

okay, so we already have HK-55 in the shop. But what about the others!? Vizla, Okarr, and Rall? Wouldn't it be best to go ahead and release these companions in the market for the same price as HK-55?

And for those who say, "But HK-55 is expensive!!", I say that if they can release Playable characters all with the same CC cost, they can do these subscriber companions at the same price!

The thing you've overlooked is that when you pay that 3800 CC in the CM, you get access to a story mission (Shroud of Memory), with HK-55 as a necessary but coincidental benefit. (And you get access to Z0-0M as well!)

Pricing *a* companion (or even all three together!) at that price seems a bit expensive, yes.

They have been doing re-events to bring them back even so often. Paxton and Master Ranos should be the next 2 up for bringing back. then it will probably be nico and shae again.

I would almost want them to do new companions well not really pure new companions a few sure. gen'daii would be really cool we dont have 1 as a companion, another kaleesh, selkath, rakata (since there are still a few left in the galaxy, with lucas being brought back into lucasfilms/arts bring in a yuuzhang vong (?), nekghoul (and i dont mean doc lokin), massassi (surprised we havent had 1 yet at all), a voss since we got a gormak (even though they are pretty much the same species just branched evolution which is funny when you do voss you learn that the voss are actually the corruption not the gormak), skytrooper heavy and light. How about making some existing npcs into companions from either monthly rewards or quarterly rewards for being a sub. Abaron (sith pureblood thats all about sith heritage), Joss and valk husband and wife mandalorians from blood hunt. some dead npcs (now i know that maybe lore-breaking but we can already retrieve dead companions from the terminal on odessen so bringing back some of the old npcs would be interesting) by this i mean like revan (because he is a fan favorite), marr and dramath (to get the same treatment as other companions even though they were temp companions), malora and the sith on onderon.

Give more incentives for subbing while producing content however long it maybe delayed due to Covid. There are quite a few people that would sub for various companions.

Paxton and Master Ranos should be the next 2 up for bringing back. then it will probably be nico and shae again.

Bear in mind that Ranos wasn't a subscriber reward. OK, yes, for practical purposes you had to be one to qualify, but the qualification conditions were based 100% on gameplay.

(Note: I'm not saying that it's a bad idea to run something(1) that would let more people have her, just that it's a mistake to mix up subscription-reward companions like Nico, Shae, HK, and Paxton with gameplay-reward companions like Ranos.)

(1) What that would be is up for grabs, but I would say that an event kinda sorta like Dark vs Light is a good place to start.

They should never have brought back any of the rewards, they all said you had to be subscribed on a certain date, or between certain dates, etc, or NOT get the reward. Then when they did bring them back, they didn't do it fairly for the people who got them first, they did it purely to make money for themselves. It's typical of this company, they show absolutely no loyality to it's customer base.

But don't worry, I'm sure they'll bring them back, anything to wring a few more dollars from downtrodden players

They should never have brought back any of the rewards, they all said you had to be subscribed on a certain date, or between certain dates, etc, or NOT get the reward. Then when they did bring them back, they didn't do it fairly for the people who got them first, they did it purely to make money for themselves. It's typical of this company, they show absolutely no loyality to it's customer base.

But don't worry, I'm sure they'll bring them back, anything to wring a few more dollars from downtrodden players

Except that there are achievements for some of the subscription companions...

Eventually they will likely re-release the sub reward comps back to the public for whatever reason; most likely because they are just lazy, but they may also release new companions as sub rewards. I have no intention of making a long drawn out post for or against re-releasing anything (ill save that fight for a different topic), but I will say that, outside of the DvL event, Master Ragnos should NOT be released again. I dont have that comp because i simply didnt have the time available into earning her. i was here for all the others, though, and did my part to fill their request.

so do not fret your fragile little heads over it...they will be released again.

They should reuse all the old sub rewards, and the DvsL rewards too, however they think will bring more subs or keep more subs or bring back more old subs or just generally make them the biggest buck to keep the lights on. Edited by Monumenta

They should reuse all the old sub rewards, and the DvsL rewards too, however they think will bring more subs or keep more subs or bring back more old subs or just generally make them the biggest buck to keep the lights on.

It won't bring back players, nor will it keep the lights on, it's just going to fill their already full pockets. The game is making enough as it is to keep the lights on, this extra stuff, just fills their own pockets.

Edited by DarkTergon

It won't bring back players, nor will it keep the lights on, it's just going to fill their already full pockets. The game is making enough as it is to keep the lights on, this extra stuff, just fills their own pockets.

Im sure Keith and the boys are personally pocketing the money, sounds legit. I still think its their call to do whatever they think serves the game best with all the mentioned assets and I also think with such a slow trickle of content weve had over the last 7-8 years exclusivity isnt really a thing in this game.

Im sure Keith and the boys are personally pocketing the money, sounds legit.

Hey, you never know, but I'm pretty sure that DT was talking about BioWare / EA, not the team personally. ;)

I still think its their call to do whatever they think serves the game best with all the mentioned assets

Of course it's their *call*, but that doesn't stop us giving our respective opinions and recommendations.

and I also think with such a slow trickle of content weve had over the last 7-8 years exclusivity isnt really a thing in this game.

I don't understand the link between "slow trickle of content"(1) and whether exclusivity is or is not a thing.

(1) I'm not denying the slow trickle, although I think your timescale is off a bit. Seven years ago today was about two months after the release of 2.0 (RotHC). The real "slow trickle" started after KotET was released in 2016, which won't be four years until December.

Im sure Keith and the boys are personally pocketing the money, sounds legit. I still think its their call to do whatever they think serves the game best with all the mentioned assets and I also think with such a slow trickle of content weve had over the last 7-8 years exclusivity isnt really a thing in this game.

I never said keith, i said them, most people understand that them, refers to the compny :rolleyes:

Again, bringing this stuff back doesn't serve the game, it serves thier pockets (THE COMPANY).

All it did for the player base was to piss off people who bothered subbing during the 'bad times' to get the items, then BW gave them the middle finger.

Anyway, nothing we say actually matters to them.

Thanks steve, you probably said it better than I did...lol

Edited by DarkTergon

I don't understand the link between "slow trickle of content"(1) and whether exclusivity is or is not a thing.

I guess it was when there was such a lull in content that mediocre to bad players were getting dread orbs and peoples personal credits went into the billions and they started buying the mask and wings I gave up on any sort of exclusivity. Then shortly after that they tossed hexid out into the wild all inconsistent and some of these comps have already been out twice I just dont see exclusivity as sacred in Swtor.

I guess it was when there was such a lull in content that mediocre to bad players were getting dread orbs and peoples personal credits went into the billions and they started buying the mask and wings I gave up on any sort of exclusivity. Then shortly after that they tossed hexid out into the wild all inconsistent and some of these comps have already been out twice I just dont see exclusivity as sacred in Swtor.

Fair point, I guess, although between when the DvL event ended and when they introduced the achievements, Hexid wasn't available at all for *anybody*.(1)

My main beef with rereleases is that they make future *new* things with exclusive-sounding wording on the promotion announcements sound a bit hollow, unless the rerelease is delayed a long time (e.g. three years, a time I didn't just pull out of a hat).

Regarding the mask and wings, well, since the requirement for acquiring those (survive the relevant Ops-weight content) hasn't ever changed, and it was *always* possible, for a good enough group of seven, to carry a weak DPS through them, I'm not sure they really count in any discussion of exclusivity anyway.

(1) I don't know what the "right" formula for rereleasing Master Ranos would be, if there even *is* a "right" formula. The problem with a rerun of the event (in a modified form to take account of the changes in the game since 2016) is that it wouldn't attract as much participation if it didn't offer something *new* in terms of rewards on top of the old ones. (There are solutions to the "create new characters" problem, but the "what do I get other than a bunch of pain running all those FPs in GF" thing is a little harder to solve if there aren't any new rewards.)

I don't know what the "right" formula for rereleasing Master Ranos would be, if there even *is* a "right" formula. The problem with a rerun of the event (in a modified form to take account of the changes in the game since 2016) is that it wouldn't attract as much participation if it didn't offer something *new* in terms of rewards on top of the old ones. (There are solutions to the "create new characters" problem, but the "what do I get other than a bunch of pain running all those FPs in GF" thing is a little harder to solve if there aren't any new rewards.)

I think any way, even a redo of the whole event, would be divisive so whatever just give her out. I would like to see those datacrons come back tho I really like datacrons.

• 2 weeks later...
Bringing back Nico & Shae is fine. Exclusiveness went to cr@p after the CM Rep vendor stuff, like the {Imperator's Command Hoverchair} (from Binary Star rep) was just brought back individually & w/o rep at a pittance. In game stuff whatever idc - but the CM Rep vendor stuff people actually paid [a lot] of money for. Edited by Willjb

Fair point, I guess, although between when the DvL event ended and when they introduced the achievements, Hexid wasn't available at all for *anybody*.(1)

My main beef with rereleases is that they make future *new* things with exclusive-sounding wording on the promotion announcements sound a bit hollow, unless the rerelease is delayed a long time (e.g. three years, a time I didn't just pull out of a hat).

Regarding the mask and wings, well, since the requirement for acquiring those (survive the relevant Ops-weight content) hasn't ever changed, and it was *always* possible, for a good enough group of seven, to carry a weak DPS through them, I'm not sure they really count in any discussion of exclusivity anyway.

(1) I don't know what the "right" formula for rereleasing Master Ranos would be, if there even *is* a "right" formula. The problem with a rerun of the event (in a modified form to take account of the changes in the game since 2016) is that it wouldn't attract as much participation if it didn't offer something *new* in terms of rewards on top of the old ones. (There are solutions to the "create new characters" problem, but the "what do I get other than a bunch of pain running all those FPs in GF" thing is a little harder to solve if there aren't any new rewards.)

^ +1, Upvote: couldn't agree more on everything you just said (so-to-speak); makes solid sense.

Edited by Willjb