The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nasty Dasty thinks GSF / PvP / and Uprisings Should Award More Conquest Points

Jdast

While I do not PVP, or have any use for PVP, I do think that PVP activities should be just as viable a way to complete Conquest as PVE activities. Likewise, PVP activities should be just as viable a way to gear as PVE activities. They should also provide an alternate way to complete the 4X/Pierce Alliance Alerts that doesn't force PVE players into PVP.

I think that Conquest point awards for completing PVP activities do need some adjustment and PVP alone should be a viable way to complete Conquest on very similar terms to PVE activities.

And this is the point that has been made over and over, but a certain person ignores it. PvP does need work, better ways to earn cq, better ways to gear, etc. This has been agreed by most people. And this can be done without tearing down CQ as it is. But that one certain person, still insists on trying to tear down other CQ points, because it's not how he plays, and he doesn't want people getting more points that he can get.

But if I were to act like him, and pick the content I'd rahter play, and stick with that, I'd earn even less CQ points then he would doing his fav. My fav content is the stories, and if I was to do CQ with just the stories, I'd be forever trying to get it. So should class mission get more CQ? No, because like him, I can do other content if I want to boost my CQ, while I'm doing class stories. From the very beginning , that has been everyones choice, and everyone, bar one, has seen it.

CQ since 6.1 has been the best ever, with his campaign they've already started to nerf it, it may just be a small bit, and some people may not have noticed (others have), but what else are they going to nerf, change, or just ruin.

He even got more PvP stuff added in, was he happy, no.

There is only so much you can add to PvP conquest , the reason PvE gets more, is becaue there's so much more PvE content.

there are two different topics which people are confusing

1. CQ as of 6.1 is near perfect, it doesn't need an nerfing, just some boosts on PvP & Gsf. 99% of the people agree on this.

2. PvP players need to be able to gear up properly through PvP, and get tech frags, etc, by playing their content.

Again most people agree with this. Nobody want's to have to gear up, in an area of gameplay they don't like.

Edited by DarkTergon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And this is the point that has been made over and over, but a certain person ignores it. PvP does need work, better ways to earn cq, better ways to gear, etc. This has been agreed by most people. And this can be done without tearing down CQ as it is. But that one certain person, still insists on trying to tear down other CQ points, because it's not how he plays, and he doesn't want people getting more points that he can get.

But if I were to act like him, and pick the content I'd rahter play, and stick with that, I'd earn even less CQ points then he would doing his fav. My fav content is the stories, and if I was to do CQ with just the stories, I'd be forever trying to get it. So should class mission get more CQ? No, because like him, I can do other content if I want to boost my CQ, while I'm doing class stories. From the very beginning , that has been everyones choice, and everyone, bar one, has seen it.

CQ since 6.1 has been the best ever, with his campaign they've already started to nerf it, it may just be a small bit, and some people may not have noticed (others have), but what else are they going to nerf, change, or just ruin.

He even got more PvP stuff added in, was he happy, no.

There is only so much you can add to PvP conquest , the reason PvE gets more, is becaue there's so much more PvE content.

there are two different topics which people are confusing

1. CQ as of 6.1 is near perfect, it doesn't need an nerfing, just some boosts on PvP & Gsf. 99% of the people agree on this.

2. PvP players need to be able to gear up properly through PvP, and get tech frags, etc, by playing their content.

Again most people agree with this. Nobody want's to have to gear up, in an area of gameplay they don't like.

I agree that they who shall not be named has gone way out of bounds of a reasonable argument, but I disagree with this statement. When 6.0 launched and they changed how small guilds, particularly very small guilds, could participate in Conquest, greatly impacting our ability to complete Conquest and get encryptions versus how it had been since 5.10.3, I stopped playing. With 5.10.3 they made it possible to complete Conquest by playing your way. Changes with 6.0 greatly impacted that. Then we got the wonderful changes in 6.1.1, where they reintroduced play your way to Conquest, and we were mostly back to how things were with 5.10.3. While I do not PVP, or have any use for PVP, I do think that PVP activities should be just as viable a way to complete Conquest as PVE activities. Likewise, PVP activities should be just as viable a way to gear as PVE activities. They should also provide an alternate way to complete the 4X/Pierce Alliance Alerts that doesn't force PVE players into PVP.

I think that Conquest point awards for completing PVP activities do need some adjustment and PVP alone should be a viable way to complete Conquest on very similar terms to PVE activities. I don't think that that is a hotly contested position. Unfortunately, that message has been lost in an ongoing diatribe about how other activities should be torn down rather than a particular activity being elevated.

Incorrect. Play your way was the second bullet point on their slide about the philosophy of Spoils of Way. Although, to be fair, their play your way philosophy was primarily directed at gearing in 6.0 and not, I don't think, intended as an overall philosophy for all of 6.0.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/432199850?t=00h26m15s

Agreed … !

(nicely done !! )

Edited by OlBuzzard

I can’t chalk this up to meaning they don’t care about PVP. I know that would be the easiest and maybe logical way to explain PVP and the state it's in right now, but I think it's false if truth is told.

You may think it's false but you have no argument except that BW have shown to make mistakes (incompetence) in the past. That's an opinion but it's a rather wild assumption in the end.

I know that BW have done some stupendous things. Like 5.0 with Galactic Command. It chased a lot of people away. So what did they do? They had live streams and promised patches and made patches to adjust, fix, update GC.

So even if this had been a blithering mistake that pushed PvP'ers away from the game... they've been /care about it from the moment people found out and started complaining.

You may have your opinion of course (and I know I can't be 100% certain about my view on it), but to me it's clear that it was entirely deliberate from the start. And PvP has been dying for years and they've done very little to resurrect it. It's never been a focus on their radar. So for me it's clear that just like GSF and Uprisings they don't want to invest into this mode anymore than they absolutely have to.

I mean, incompetence sure, but they've seen PvP not work for years. They get those numbers. And if you can make a plausible argument for how rewarding warzones so poorly, would be their way of improving the situation, I think my version is a lot more believable. But, having said that, I'm happy to accept any arguments that hold water. But throwing this on BW incompetence is just not believable. If they thought it's problematic for the game...well 6.0 came out a good while ago. I see no intention of them being interested in doing something about it.

They do have time to create a new social bar that nobody wants but can't add extra crates to PvP rewards or up the loot tables of them? Nah, I think they know where their money comes from and PvP isn't it. Still, I'd be happy to be proven wrong. I really do think PvP'ers got the short end of the stick for a long long time.

I'm just going to point out... none of us have any idea of BWs motivations.

For example, I could say PvPers kind of shot ourselves in the foot with the whole ranked mat scene. "Oh we don't want to fight mat farmers!" Well, BW took mats away and now the mode is basically dead. But, BW never said that. I'm assuming that.

This gearing thing is similar, right? If PvP becomes a better way to gear, you'll have more people doing PvP that aren't PvPers and inevitably the complainers will start up again.

So what do we want BW to do?

As a side note, I happen to agree PvP needs to be a better way to get gear. I'm merely pointing out that saying someone else doesn't know what BW is thinking and you do is a rather silly point to make, since BW themselves haven't said anything on the matter.

There is little to no communication about gameplay and game mechanics. Ever. From BW to players. They just don't talk with their players about any of this stuff.

We are left with very little they choose to write in patch notes. 6..1.1 Patchnotes describe the new conq patch as follows: " Our goal with these changes is to make Personal Conquests relevant to all character levels, not just those at end game content." That's the headline and, according to patcnotes, the most important aspect of the conq overhaul.

If we assume they speak the truth here, then most relevant and game altering aspects of the entire conq patch was a massive oversight. They set out to give low lvl players huntng for conq a boost, ended up turning most everything except soloable planetaries pure garbage in terms of rate of conq earned.

I can kinda imagine them setting out with something like " ok let's make sure people leveling through planets get some conq dings while at it!" But then completely lost their way, had some internal miscommunication and ended up with the borked situation we now have. (Soloable repeatable planetaries being wayy better conq than anything else for everybody at any level) Now they rightly fear the wrath of the community and won't fix it.

Curiously 6.1.1 Patchnotes also speak of "Personal Conquest objectives are now split into three level ranges, each offering different and more relevant objectives/rewards. " I wonder what this is about? Objectives across three different level ranges? Is this even accurate? pre-75 and 75 are ofc there. But is there something inbetwen? Maybe planetaries were supposed to be something available for you at 20-74? Then they realized that would make 20-74 ppl far superior in earning conq than anyone else, went "ooops" and unlocked them for all? I dunno..situation defies all reasonable explanations rly.

Edited by Stradlin

For example, I could say PvPers kind of shot ourselves in the foot with the whole ranked mat scene. "Oh we don't want to fight mat farmers!" Well, BW took mats away and now the mode is basically dead. But, BW never said that. I'm assuming that.

This gearing thing is similar, right? If PvP becomes a better way to gear, you'll have more people doing PvP that aren't PvPers and inevitably the complainers will start up again.

So what do we want BW to do?

As a side note, I happen to agree PvP needs to be a better way to get gear. I'm merely pointing out that saying someone else doesn't know what BW is thinking and you do is a rather silly point to make, since BW themselves haven't said anything on the matter.

I think it wise to keep you post in tact so as not to misconstrue your intent!

** BW often may turn a deaf ear to us BUT thee is no way we can determine the ultimate "reason" for those decisions.

** I also think it's safe to agree with you ( and most everyone else) that the PvP part of this game needs a great deal of TLC... not just the CQ's … a LOT of TLC … in many areas.

I agree with your conclusions !