Patch 6.1.2 - Launcher Broke......

APPRENTICExxx

The exact same thing is happening to me. The files all seemed to download fine but I crash to desktop after hitting "play". On one attempt I briefly saw the last character I played yesterday on DM in the character select screen before I was dumped to desktop.

I do NOT use the bitraider patcher and haven't for many years. On all of my attempts my client fails to take me to the server select screen. I just just crash to desktop.

I do not use bitraider either... a couple friends do and they were able to log in but are having the same in game issues as everybody else, between me and Hoplop, this log in issue is starting to sound more and more like a bitraider problem...

Logs:

2020/06/24 23:21:08.003:[CRIT]{01424} - WEBREQ: Fail [50000194] Status: item cannot be found @ support.bitraider.com/language/lang_9.zip ****

2020/06/24 23:21:08.003:[DBUG]QtOut: QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must only be called once.

2020/06/24 23:21:09.182:[WARN]{069A0} - DLM: Check source done, HTTP code: 404, request pending: false

2020/06/24 23:21:09.182:[DBUG]QtOut: QNetworkReplyImplPrivate::error: Internal problem, this method must only be called once.

2020/06/24 23:21:09.196:[CRIT]{01424} - WEBREQ: Fail [50000194] Status: item cannot be found @ cdn-patch.swtor.com/bitraider/support/swtor_swtor.bitraid ****

2020/06/24 23:21:09.196:[iNFO]{069A0} - DownloadManager: Cleanup requested..

and etc..

Not using BitRaider myself, but still have an issue. The patch begins to download, then I get an error message and the only choice is to run repair. What follows is approximately 2 hours of a very slow progression bar, then a "Success!" message, after which the patch resumes downloading, before the same error message appears. I've rinsed and repeated this thrice throughout the day, restarted Windows, restarted the client, nothing works.

Different issue here tonight. Logged in fine, initially. Had to close out client to take care of some RL stuff. Went to log back in and now my entire list of characters says I can't play until the planet they are on is done downloading.

...I already fully patched.

Edited by LunaticFringer

Different issue here tonight. Logged in fine, initially. Had to close out client to take care of some RL stuff. Went to log back in and now my entire list of characters says I can't play until the planet they are on is done downloading.

...I already fully patched.

Im having the same issue as you Lunatic, I played a few days ago fine, now it says that for me as well and Ive patched already. Ive tried reinstalling the game, that didn't work. Ive also tried restarting game multiple times, didn't work either.

It would be nice if SWTOR actually tested their patches before they took a huge steaming dump on all of us!

The old Bitraider file delete fix no longer works...

What's next?

Your guess is as good as mine. Patch seemed to download fine, and clicking "Play" closed the program. Repeatedly tried it. I did all of those recommended fixes, and nothing. I uninstalled the game and went to reinstall it. It's still installing. As soon as it said available to play, another crash to desktop (ie launcher switches to start the game, and the game closes). So am waiting until fully installed, which is taking forever since my computer is aged.

Commented in another thread about this. Essentially seems like we're all having mostly the same problem.

Just wanted to update in this thread too though. For me, If I'm starting with a fresh log-on with my computer and launch the game; it works fine. I can switch toons, etc. However, once I close client then try to relaunch the game it gives the loading starter planets thing. Then, no matter how many times I close and relaunch the game it sticks on it. If I reboot my computer, then launch the game, it works. Again, until I close the client... then it gets stuck in that starter planets loading crap till I reboot my computer again.

Not sure if that'll help them fix it or not. But it might be easier for some than deleting files?

i don't know, why bioware won't publish the workaround for that problem.

i tried to restart the game, the computer, edited the rules for the bitraider processes,

deleted the xfr files and bitraider stuff... nothing helped.

then i called the support hotline and i was told, that the last solution would be,

to get rid of the bitraider (streaming client). you'll need to edit the launcher.settings

file in the swtor folder and that causes a complete new download of the game.

it worked.

I mine as well post here. Got home yesterday afternoon, kicking myself for not updating SWTOR before headaing out an just leaving my pc on. Started updating about 7 hours ago. Took me 30mins to get to 95%, then the other 6 and a half hours to get to 97.05%. I tried all the solutions posted in this thread, I'm not using the ST launcher. Don't have the new Nvdia driver, etc.

*** :mad:

I mine as well post here. Got home yesterday afternoon, kicking myself for not updating SWTOR before headaing out an just leaving my pc on. Started updating about 7 hours ago. Took me 30mins to get to 95%, then the other 6 and a half hours to get to 97.05%. I tried all the solutions posted in this thread, I'm not using the ST launcher. Don't have the new Nvdia driver, etc.

*** :mad:

Just wanted to update. After 17hours, I'm now at 99.71%. At least its moving.

Hi All.

Just wanted to voice my frustration too. I'm having the same issue , the game loads but crashes to desktop before I get to the character selection screen. Deleted the BitRiader file; still did not work. Did a new installation (took half the day lol); still did not work. And for kicks I deleted the BitRader file again; still did not work.

Hopefully there will be a workable solution soon. I just re-subbed last week after about two years and I'm itching to keep playing.

Thanks.

Any update on this?!

Running into the same quick play only issuep

Yeah, finally finished after another 3 hours to finish the .3%. So right around 20 hours to update to 6.1.2. Now I can log in! BUT, when I log in it says only starter planets available. W T F !

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Seriously though, wth is going on?

If your using the streaming launcher which you will know as the letters ST will be in the bottom corner of the launcher it could just be stuck.

If your update is at either 0% or 100% and stuck, try the steps here.

Alternatively you can switch to the non streaming launcher as per here. I've been using the non streaming launcher for nearly 9 years and have had no issues during an update.

Still having the issue of crashing to desktop while the game loads, before it gets to the character selection screen.

Just wanted to say I tried to switch to a non-streaming launcher, as suggested in the quote above, but when I start the launcher I get an "Unable to retrieve Patch Data. Please check Network Connection. (206)". So I reverted back to the streaming version but am left with the issue I have had before.

So I'm back to where I was on Tuesday, and all I can do is ask if any one has had any luck getting their launchers to work and how?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.