Would anyone be opposed to adding a second stronghold slot for guilds?

AceMasterSoul

To clarify I'm talking about a guild having the capacity to have 1 guildships and 2 stronghold active at the same time. It would be nice to show off your guild's decorating skills in more the 2 environments

It has been asked before, and supported by a lot of players. Hopefully they'll think about it :)

To clarify I'm talking about a guild having the capacity to have 1 guildships and 2 stronghold active at the same time. It would be nice to show off your guild's decorating skills in more the 2 environments

It has been asked before, and supported by a lot of players. Hopefully they'll think about it :)

DT is right. This came up just recently with the release of the new Alderaan SH.

Though I'm not a part of a guild (let alone in charge of one) I can certainly see the benefits of two SH for a guild as an option.

This is a great idea.

Extra guild strongholds is way less of a problem for the servers as each character being able to have all strongholds.

I'm not so sure about that. The guild-donation function for decorations means that, while there may be fewer guild strongholds, they're more likely to be populated with many decorations, and larger, rarer, fancier decorations.

On top of that, guilds are more likely to fully unlock their strongholds.

And while every player can potentially have up to 4, I would wager the average player puts far less into their strongholds than the average guild.

I'm not so sure about that. The guild-donation function for decorations means that, while there may be fewer guild strongholds, they're more likely to be populated with many decorations, and larger, rarer, fancier decorations.

On top of that, guilds are more likely to fully unlock their strongholds.

And while every player can potentially have up to 4, I would wager the average player puts far less into their strongholds than the average guild.

I think they raised the limit to 15, which some people might have due to the server merges.

^+1, Signed and Supported. Guilds, especially larger ones, really need more than just 1 stronghold. So many strongholds and can only pick 1 very tightly limits meeting up in different guild areas and what we can do. Alderaan SH displays all the decorations and trophies my guild has (not to mention we like the setting way better), YET we've compromised and took that trade-off over the Yavin SH where we can guild PvP in. It chops our guild's immersion and what we can do. RP guilds would greatly benefit from the diversity of meetup/ interaction points. Overall, be able to add multiple Guild SH's is a huge plus.

^+1, Signed and Supported. Guilds, especially larger ones, really need more than just 1 stronghold. So many strongholds and can only pick 1 very tightly limits meeting up in different guild areas and what we can do. Alderaan SH displays all the decorations and trophies my guild has (not to mention we like the setting way better), YET we've compromised and took that trade-off over the Yavin SH where we can guild PvP in. It chops our guild's immersion and what we can do. RP guilds would greatly benefit from the diversity of meetup/ interaction points. Overall, be able to add multiple Guild SH's is a huge plus.

So, you listed some pretty legit reasons. I want the extra stronghold so I don't have to delete the one on Dromund Kass I spent years decorating...

I think they raised the limit to 15, which some people might have due to the server merges.

They did. Before it was 15, it was 10, and it hasn't been only four since a long while back, just after the release of the Yavin stronghold. (Yavin was number five, and there was an unholy squawk-storm on the forums about them not raising the cap when it was added.)

As reasonable as the OP is, and many more good points since, there really isn't much of foreseeable reasons not to allow guilds to have every available stronghold*. The primary argument for allowing this would be a simple, and much more appealing, credit sink.

*Though there might presently be some access /permissions issues with the train, the content is old now, but even that should not be much of an issue if amended with appropriate considerations.