IRated Gearing STILL BUGGED IN PVP.

TrixxieTriss

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or at least post recordings or links on this website site of this 3rd party and unofficial way they communicate.

https://discord.gg/jqWyBcw - Theorycrafting discord, this is the combat discord in question

https://discord.gg/swtor - Subreddit discord

https://discord.gg/FHg3VfE - Darth Malgus server discord

Try and refrain from posting a bunch of bloat and repeatedly tagging devs though.

Edited by Evolixe

LoL. I was just putting the finishing touches on a new gaming PC I built, and I was moving an external USB harddrive over, and I dropped it. And now it just goes "chk chk chk chk" when I plug it in, and it can't be found by any computer I plug it into.

Why do I tell this story? Because that was the drive I had installed SWTOR to. I was going to be able to just migrate it to the new computer without the hit on my limited bandwidth to download the whole friggin game again. Now I'm faced with the download. And yeah, with this gear grind (not to mention all the other PvP things)... meh. Why bother? I haven't logged into play in a couple days anyway, and I don't find myself missing it. At all.

People still use spinning disks????

Speaking not as a PVP'er (because I don't PVP) but as a community member I have to ask, where are these other forums and how do we find out about them? I rarely use Twitter, but I still check the SWTOR Twitter feed. I quit Facebook, but I still go to the SWTOR Facebook page. I read Reddit and the official forums, where the community team is woefully silent (I compare official communication on the forums to a game like DDO, which is a lot older than SWTOR, and BW could definitely learn a lesson on dev interaction and communication). How are we supposed to find out about these Discord servers, where devs are communication information that should be communicated on their official forums, if they are not published? If the team wants to have conversations on Discord and answer questions I'm okay with that. I fully understand and accept that communication will come from more than one source. I don't often use Discord but I would check a server if there was one, but checking the signatures for Eric, Daniel, and the Community Team I see links to Twitter and Facebook, but no links to Discord. If I go to Discord and search public servers I see that there is a SWTOR server. Is that an official server? Is that where the devs are communication this information? If that is an official server, and it is where information such as this is being communicated, then why do none of the community team have a link to that server in their signatures? And if that is not the server, then how the **** are we supposed to find it? I don't have a problem with the community members setting up their own servers to discuss the game, and I don't have a problem with the devs joining those servers and communicating with the community in those servers, but if it is not an official server then any information that the devs share with the community in those servers must, absolutely must, be communicated on the official forums. If these discussions are not occurring in an official SWTOR Discord server then it is not incumbent on community members to have to hunt down obscure forums in order to receive official communication. It is entirely incumbent on the community management team to ensure that such communication makes it's way to these forums.

this post was next to impossible to read heh, try pressing enter once or twice :p

I think when it comes to discord servers, and without stating the obvious reason why you and some of the other forum warriors here find it difficult to find these discord servers, it's simply keeping up with the community and you will be able to join these servers easily and know when new ones are created. If you aren't in touch the other community, either cause you are not really interested or cause of other reasons, you will find it difficult to come across invites to these. I am not totally sure which devs are on which discords cause they use nicknames, but I think only Daniel is there out of those you linked, Eric isn't and the "community team" uses their own individual accounts.

I think it's great that the development team gets feedback from multiple sources and as is illustrated by your post, a large variety of the playerbase, some of you are forum warriors and maybe not that familiar with discord. While others might not prefer the forum approach and use discord. I think it was one of the ops devs who said (on discord heh) that only a small fraction of the playerbase uses the forums so they treat the feedback as such and also use other venues to find feedback from players to complement this. It might be problematic that you and others who don't use/are familiar with discord don't get the feedback the same second as me, who use discord, but you also got the advantage that you see forum dev posts a lot quicker.

Nobody can be everywhere all the time, just gotta learn to accept it.

edit: oh and in regard to the discord links provided by evo, spamming devs, channels or something similar to what's happening here on the forums will result in me banning you, we like having the devs there and communicating with us players

Edited by RikuvonDrake

2TB "spinning disk" = $50.

2TB ssd = $250

Yeah, I had nothing critical I wanted to move there. And I have much better uses for the other $200.

But you need 4 of those drives to get something like the same reliability as an SSD and still an order of magnitude slower.

Yes thank you for adding links. Does anyone have a link for the Discord SF server channel?

here: https://discord.gg/5hVJyH

the different "server" discords aren't that active tho, it's mostly the subreddit one and the theorycrafting one, there are a few others for operation and pve feedback with a few devs on them but since you guys are pvp:ers i guess there isn't a link needed

But you need 4 of those drives to get something like the same reliability

Already explained. Not needed.

as an SSD and still an order of magnitude slower.

And also, speed not needed. Perhaps you'd like to explain to me how else I should be prioritizing the expenditures of my money? I mean, I don't often go looking for advice, but when I do I definitely go to random anonymous forums and get it from people who have no knowledge of the intended use of the thing I'm about to buy.

2TB "spinning disk" = $50.

2TB ssd = $250

Yeah, I had nothing critical I wanted to move there. And I have much better uses for the other $200.

One option if you ever decide you need a new drive is to get a smaller SSD to store games on and keep your normal day to day PC files on the mechanical drive. The games will load and run faster and you get a good compromise at a much cheaper price.

One thing I do is keep all my old drives, both mechanical and SSD (that still work) for external back up purposes. I use an external USB hard drive dock when I need to use them. Something like this that does both 2.5” and 3.5” drives : https://www.pccasegear.com/products/28348/orico-usb-3-0-sata-hard-drive-docking-station

I’ve actually got so many drives over the years it’s a bit ridiculous how many I have. But I have backups of my backups of my backups :eek:

this post was next to impossible to read heh, try pressing enter once or twice :p

I think when it comes to discord servers, and without stating the obvious reason why you and some of the other forum warriors here find it difficult to find these discord servers, it's simply keeping up with the community and you will be able to join these servers easily and know when new ones are created. If you aren't in touch the other community, either cause you are not really interested or cause of other reasons, you will find it difficult to come across invites to these. I am not totally sure which devs are on which discords cause they use nicknames, but I think only Daniel is there out of those you linked, Eric isn't and the "community team" uses their own individual accounts.

I think it's great that the development team gets feedback from multiple sources and as is illustrated by your post, a large variety of the playerbase, some of you are forum warriors and maybe not that familiar with discord. While others might not prefer the forum approach and use discord. I think it was one of the ops devs who said (on discord heh) that only a small fraction of the playerbase uses the forums so they treat the feedback as such and also use other venues to find feedback from players to complement this. It might be problematic that you and others who don't use/are familiar with discord don't get the feedback the same second as me, who use discord, but you also got the advantage that you see forum dev posts a lot quicker.

Nobody can be everywhere all the time, just gotta learn to accept it.

edit: oh and in regard to the discord links provided by evo, spamming devs, channels or something similar to what's happening here on the forums will result in me banning you, we like having the devs there and communicating with us players

Since paragraphs are so difficult I'll pull out the important part of my post for you.

It is entirely incumbent on the community management team to ensure that such communication makes it's way to these forums.

Posting information about bugs in Discord servers that not everyone is in, that not everyone knows about, that not everyone can access is a major fail on the community management teams part for not bringing that information here, as well, to their official communication channel that everyone who plays the game can access and read.

But, since you're so keen on Discord as a communication medium I thought you certainly must have been sharing these channels. Except I can't see where you have every once posted these channels on these forums. I did see where you asked the devs to stop posting patch notes in Discords and instead post them on these forums. Is it so hard to understand that we merely want the same thing when it comes to information about bugs?

It is the job of the community management team to communicate information about the game to the community through their official channels. As I stated in the paragraph you found difficult to read, I have no problem with devs having conversations with the community on Discord and answering questions, but it is the community management team's job to bring information about things such as bugs to these forums. It is not our job to hunt down obscure Discord servers and hope that we find the right one at the right time and are able to find the information.

You are quite right that nobody can be everywhere all the time. So it's funny that you expect use to know where to be and when to be there to acquire information about the game that should be communicated via there forums. Kinda like patch notes, ya know.

Says the person who just lost data due to a drive failure :). I was just yanking your chain :)

You know SSD’s die too. Of course it’s not usually the memory, but the controllers. But a fail is a fail if you don’t know how to retrieve the data. Just saying ;)

Since paragraphs are so difficult I'll pull out the important part of my post for you.

It is entirely incumbent on the community management team to ensure that such communication makes it's way to these forums.

Posting information about bugs in Discord servers that not everyone is in, that not everyone knows about, that not everyone can access is a major fail on the community management teams part for not bringing that information here, as well, to their official communication channel that everyone who plays the game can access and read.

But, since you're so keen on Discord as a communication medium I thought you certainly must have been sharing these channels. Except I can't see where you have every once posted these channels on these forums. I did see where you asked the devs to stop posting patch notes in Discords and instead post them on these forums. Is it so hard to understand that we merely want the same thing when it comes to information about bugs?

It is the job of the community management team to communicate information about the game to the community through their official channels. As I stated in the paragraph you found difficult to read, I have no problem with devs having conversations with the community on Discord and answering questions, but it is the community management team's job to bring information about things such as bugs to these forums. It is not our job to hunt down obscure Discord servers and hope that we find the right one at the right time and are able to find the information.

You are quite right that nobody can be everywhere all the time. So it's funny that you expect use to know where to be and when to be there to acquire information about the game that should be communicated via there forums. Kinda like patch notes, ya know.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Couldn’t have said it better myself :D

I would like to add one thing. If you’ve never used discord or are new to it, it can seem very disorganised or unintuitive depending on who runs it and how it’s set up. Not everyone has the time to sit down and go through the learning process.

Personally I find discord a 50/50 bet depending on the community and who runs it. Which is why I don’t go looking unless someone links something.

If it’s an official discord run by a company, it’s part of their official communication channel. But if they are third party, you can expect mixed results as well as never knowing if it’s official.

Point in fact. One of the discord channels that were link earlier as an example of the Devs talking to us through them clearly states that it’s not official, it’s not run or associated with EA or Bioware or their employees. So how can if be used as an example of an official source from the development team?

All official communication should be through official channels run by EA or Bioware. If they decide to release official info outside of those channels, it’s on them to link it into the official channels so that players know it’s official and also so they can see / find said info.

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Couldn’t have said it better myself :D

I would like to add one thing. If you’ve never used discord or are new to it, it can seem very disorganised or unintuitive depending on who runs it and how it’s set up. Not everyone has the time to sit down and go through the learning process.

Personally I find discord a 50/50 bet depending on the community and who runs it. Which is why I don’t go looking unless someone links something.

If it’s an official discord run by a company, it’s part of their official communication channel. But if they are third party, you can expect mixed results as well as never knowing if it’s official.

Point in fact. One of the discord channels that were link earlier as an example of the Devs talking to us through them clearly states that it’s not official, it’s not run or associated with EA or Bioware or their employees. So how can if be used as an example of an official source from the development team?

All official communication should be through official channels run by EA or Bioware. If they decide to release official info outside of those channels, it’s on them to link it into the official channels so that players know it’s official and also so they can see / find said info.

First of all its not a bug. Let that sink in. It's not a bug. It was designed that way.

Secondly that discord created by theorycrafters and endgame players to discuss ideas without trixiespamm and lhancelol and many other clowns ruining every post. Devs are there as a curtsy to discuss ideas and clerify things. Not community managers but actual devs. And it's has been more successful than forums did for a lot of years.

If you are new to discord or don't use it, you are not and endgame player hence you don't belong there to begin with. Its not official swtor discord, its a discord run by community which some devs joined and weighed in on ideas. That is it.

First of all its not a bug. Let that sink in. It's not a bug. It was designed that way.

Bugged or not bugged. It’s a bad system and should be addressed because it doesn’t happen in other parts of the game.

Secondly that discord created by theorycrafters and endgame players to discuss ideas without trixiespamm and lhancelol and many other clowns ruining every post.

Insulting much? I noticed you tried to have a dig at me and Lhance on discord even though we we’ve not posted anything. So I have to wonder who is the troll spammer and clown here? Pot meet kettle :rolleyes:

Devs are there as a curtsy to discuss ideas and clerify things. Not community managers but actual devs. And it's has been more successful than forums did for a lot of years.

There is nothing wrong with the Devs posting there. I never said there was and I’m glad they engage the community. My comment and those of others has been to point out that those discussions could be linked to the official website by the community management team so everyone see’s and benefits. Otherwise what’s the community team or official media good for?

If you are new to discord or don't use it, you are not and endgame player hence you don't belong there to begin with. Its not official swtor discord, its a discord run by community which some devs joined and weighed in on ideas. That is it.

You are by far one of the the most insulting people on this forum to anyone not in your click. And you wonder why people don’t see info or want to play ranked when you and a small group of others make people feel less than welcome in both ranked pvp, the forum discussions and are now obviously not welcome in discord either according to you.

Your less than friendly attitude isn’t conducive to community building.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Says the person who just lost data due to a drive failure :). I was just yanking your chain :)

Ah sorry. I have a bit of a knee jerk reaction when people start telling other people how to spend their money. :o

Besides, all I lost was STWOR. Pft. Who cares about that? :D

One option if you ever decide you need a new drive is to get a smaller SSD to store games on and keep your normal day to day PC files on the mechanical drive. The games will load and run faster and you get a good compromise at a much cheaper price.

One thing I do is keep all my old drives...

Ha! That external drive WAS an old drive. I got it like 2 or 3 years ago. I already had a smaller SSD for the important stuff. And since then I saved up and have just built a brand new gaming computer. (So that I can play Squadrons! Assuming it's good when it comes out.) For that I got a nice NMVe 3x4 M2 card. So next time someone else mentions a "old fashion" drive failing, *I* can type "who still uses spinning disks". :p

Very well-put and I totally agree.

The "community management team" has been terrible and this was years before any pandemic was on the horizon, and this was well before "Discord" was ever even a thing. So, to blame us, the players for not "evolving" and knowing where to go to communicate really is a lame duck excuse for why communication is so bad with this company and why it's so bad between the players, too.

I see this whole discord thing being operated just as ineptly as how they run communication on the forums tbh. So not only do we have elitism among the players in ranked who abuse the vote-kick system to dictate who plays in matches and who do not, but we now also have inconsistent communication from BW sometimes appearing on the official forums, and then other times appearing in Discord, which is gated by the players themselves... This isn't a problem?

This is just poor design it's no wonder the devs truly have no real idea what the majority of the players like or dislike on this game. Even if they cared, they couldn't possibly have any idea what is really going on with the game. With Musco inconsistently communicating on the forums, both to the players and back to the game designers how does this make sense?

Look at other games. I mean, you don't have to spend more than 1 minute going to any other game site, and see how the company communicates with their playerbase. They treat their players like people! They have back and forth discussions, with EVERYONE, on their OFFICIAL websites. This isn't antiquated, this is sensible. The official websites are clearly the most visible and transparent medium for a game to use to communicate with it's playerbase... And if other media outlets are used it ought to be explained to us, that's their responsibility.

I'm not charge of anything. Just a participant of the discord from very early on. And @trixxie I didn't call you or anyone on that discord. That was rika

Message after message people are explained the situation.

- Devs are looking for different feedback since forums %75 same people echoing.

- It's designed to be endgame players discussing end game combat changes. Combat team joined as a curtsy.

- there is no one there from the communication team to delay the messages here, and even if there were, that's not the point.

- Trixxie's question posted there as a joke, and again combat developer team looked into it and answered because of curiosity/curtusy.

If you still can't understand it after 5 pages at this point, it's not name calling or insulting , just stating the obvious. One of the reasons combat team is not answering questions or not even read the forums is this attitude/ ability to have intellectual conversations / accept the answer even if not suit your agenda, thinking, believe system.

Pvp combat loot boxes drops lower iRating. It will be dealt with 'soonTM'. When? We do not know. Please move on, or open another 424642 topics about the subject, and be angry devs are not talking on the forums.

It's funny that this "official" communication from a dev never would have happened if not for this thread being posted to Discord.

https://i.imgur.com/YNFjXD6.jpg

It's also quite telling that this "official" communication was posted a day after Trixxie started this topic and yet three days later not a peep from an official BW account posting in here.

Yes, it’s interesting how it took my thread on an official platform to generate an official response on a non official platform. But we still can’t get an official response on the official platform.

If you follow some people’s logic here, we have to post questions here and then run to discord because Musco and Co. don’t do their jobs.