IRated Gearing STILL BUGGED IN PVP.

TrixxieTriss

To this day, gearing in pvp since 6.0 has been bugged with the iRating.

ALL OF MY CLASSES HAVE IRATED 306. SO WHY DO I STILL GET 298 RATED DROPS FROM PVP.?

This does not happen ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE GAME.

Gearing in pvp is already painful because of lower amount of gear drops and less tech frags. This bug only exacerbates the problem.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To this day, gearing in pvp since 6.0 has been bugged with the iRating.

ALL OF MY CLASSES HAVE IRATED 306. SO WHY DO I STILL GET 298 RATED DROPS FROM PVP.?

This does not happen ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE GAME.

Gearing in pvp is already painful because of lower amount of gear drops and less tech frags. This bug only exacerbates the problem.

I agree, and feel inclined to scream into the wind with you! There's so many fundamental issues wrong with the PVP facet of this game when it comes to gearing, XP, rewards, etc. It needs some love.

I was literally just coming here to complain about that. Seriously, why is the gear for PvP so crappy compared to a simple flashpoint that takes the same amount of time and far less skill?

Unfortunately we don't know the answer to this, and anyone with the ability to explain or acknowledge this doesn't give a **** enough to bother.

LoL. I was just putting the finishing touches on a new gaming PC I built, and I was moving an external USB harddrive over, and I dropped it. And now it just goes "chk chk chk chk" when I plug it in, and it can't be found by any computer I plug it into.

Why do I tell this story? Because that was the drive I had installed SWTOR to. I was going to be able to just migrate it to the new computer without the hit on my limited bandwidth to download the whole friggin game again. Now I'm faced with the download. And yeah, with this gear grind (not to mention all the other PvP things)... meh. Why bother? I haven't logged into play in a couple days anyway, and I don't find myself missing it. At all.

devs confirmed this is not a bug by the way, most likely you misunderstood some devpost or read too much into it

They did? The only yellow post I know of about loot drops and ilevel is from way back when it was on the PTS. In this post, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9765376#post9765376, Eric typed...

When you first enter Onslaught you will be getting green drops. You will quickly get to an item rating where blue items start dropping and once that happens, you will no longer get green drops. This is true up through purple, etc. (for clarity I am referencing color instead of quality here).

I guess that is a bit open to interpretation, but given that he put in there "up through purple, etc.", especially the "etc." AFTER purple, that makes it sound to me like once you get to a specific color level of gear, you should no longer be getting any of the previous color, including gold level meaning you'd no longer get purple or lower. I don't know what happens in any other content, because I don't run any other content, but with PvP boxes I definitely am still getting a lot of purple gear even though my iLevel is 306 (i.e. "gold").

Is there some other dev post that supersedes that description?

devs wrote about/commented on it on discord, again seems you guys simply interpreted the post a bit too widly

LoL, discord. That’s not official and anyone can pretend to be Bioware. If you cannot provide an official yellow post, it’s fake news.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

LoL, discord. That’s not official and anyone can pretend to be Bioware. If you cannot provide an official yellow post, it’s fake news.

heh, oh sweet summer child there are confirmed devs on loads of severs at this point :jawa_biggrin:

Edited by RikuvonDrake

devs wrote about/commented on it on discord, again seems you guys simply interpreted the post a bit too widly

Yeah guys u suppose to know when some random BW guy going to post on Discord with specific details regarding BW news etc. You sillies! The official forums is a place for our echo chamber! Kinda true, but...

:rolleyes:

Yeah right dude. Hahaha Anyway it just shows how bad communication is here when the players can’t even go to one source of information on the game for official news.

Hey Rikuvon, provide a SS of the dev in discord explaining how PVP boxes are supposed to drop purple and less than 300 iRating otherwise I can claim anything happened in Discord who’s to argue otherwise? Hint. Discord isn’t official.

''I was curious, because as of now it's not a bug. It's as (poorly) designed, for that particular box. Just wondering where the expectation came from and it appears it was an assumption (not unreasonable, but an assumption nonetheless). We've already been working on some things here that you'll see 'soon' and then 'soooon', but yep. Technically this is not a bug as of today.''

This is the response from devs Trixxie. And it's not fake. Rika is on point.

With new gear coming soonTM maybe they will change the loot box as well ^^

Edited by lord-angelus

''I was curious, because as of now it's not a bug. It's as (poorly) designed, for that particular box. Just wondering where the expectation came from and it appears it was an assumption (not unreasonable, but an assumption nonetheless). We've already been working on some things here that you'll see 'soon' and then 'soooon', but yep. Technically this is not a bug as of today.''

Thanks for the quote. Interesting that s/he says "that particular box". Was the context specifically about the PvP box, and thus it really was designed that *specifically* the PvP box would suck? Haha, that would not surprise me. Ah well, I guess it's just a wait and see if they actually do anything to improve gearing (by my definition of "improve", of course - I know some people like the gearing now).

As far as "where the expectation came from" - I know it wasn't you asking - but the answer for me is the post from Eric Musco I quoted earlier. But it also would not surprise me that he really didn't know what he was typing about. I've worked in companies with broken communication like that, where the sales or marketing people send out a message and then when it gets back to us devs we respond with, "you told them WHAT? But it doesn't do that at all!". :D

Yeah guys u suppose to know when some random BW guy going to post on Discord with specific details regarding BW news etc. You sillies! The official forums is a place for our echo chamber! Kinda true, but...

:rolleyes:

Yeah right dude. Hahaha Anyway it just shows how bad communication is here when the players can’t even go to one source of information on the game for official news.

Hey Rikuvon, provide a SS of the dev in discord explaining how PVP boxes are supposed to drop purple and less than 300 iRating otherwise I can claim anything happened in Discord who’s to argue otherwise? Hint. Discord isn’t official.

its so cute how behind you guys are when it comes to how bioware communicates with players, there has been a discord server for combat discussions since early 6.0 pts with several developers actively participating on discussing class changes and varies other topics

oh well i guess certain types of people struggle to keep up sometimes

Edited by RikuvonDrake

its so cute how behind you guys are when it comes to how bioware communicates with players, there has been a discord server for combat discussions since early 6.0 pts with several developers actively participating on discussing class changes and varies other topics

I'd think their official SWTOR website would be a hub for the devs to discuss the game but I guess I am wrong.

Maybe they ought to communicate with the forums and have it officially stated where we ought to go to carry on future discussions about the game since this isn't the proper venue.

You're literally just refusing information because it doesn't suit your agenda.

I don't like it either, and the official in question agrees with our sentiment of it not being right that we're getting purples out of boxes when we're already in 306's. But its not really high on the priority list of getting fixed and we can't really blame them for that.

Honestly I'd rather they fix desync and empty GCDs way before this ****.

I'd think their official SWTOR website would be a hub for the devs to discuss the game but I guess I am wrong.

Maybe they ought to communicate with the forums and have it officially stated where we ought to go to carry on future discussions about the game since this isn't the proper venue.

Bioware prefers multiple sources of feedback, in another comment by a different dev on the same discord they said something of the sort, here in the pvp forum it's like 3-4 different people who are the authors of 75% of the content, naturally, it becomes a little echo chamber for you people.

Thanks for the quote. Interesting that s/he says "that particular box". Was the context specifically about the PvP box, and thus it really was designed that *specifically* the PvP box would suck? Haha, that would not surprise me. Ah well, I guess it's just a wait and see if they actually do anything to improve gearing (by my definition of "improve", of course - I know some people like the gearing now).

As far as "where the expectation came from" - I know it wasn't you asking - but the answer for me is the post from Eric Musco I quoted earlier. But it also would not surprise me that he really didn't know what he was typing about. I've worked in companies with broken communication like that, where the sales or marketing people send out a message and then when it gets back to us devs we respond with, "you told them WHAT? But it doesn't do that at all!". :D

Yes, the context was specifically about the PVP loot box. And no they didn't design for pvp to suck, it's turned out badly.

You can't except the devs read the forum, it was eric job's to deliver forum messages to the devs. He failed year after year and vice versa IMO. Like %98 of the stuff we complain about how devs are not listening, not taking feedback etc. is communication teams fault it seems (in my subjective opinion)

Regarding collecting feedback from forums. Most of the peeps write here more care about RP or stuff like that than the endgame itself. Or play the game high end enough to give good feedback. I mean there are some post-doc mathematician players discusses formula's stats etc in discords. Or players cleared everything with every class, actually understands the classes and balances (pve and pvp wise) not just yelling "DO NOT NERF MY MAIN CAUSE REASONS!!"

Better quality narrowed feedback is more helpful then broad no idea what they talking about feedback.

Edited by lord-angelus

You can't except the devs read the forum, it was eric job's to deliver forum messages to the devs. He failed year after year and vice versa IMO. Like %98 of the stuff we complain about how devs are not listening, not taking feedback etc. is communication teams fault it seems (in my subjective opinion).

Exactly this. ^

You have to wonder just how much this weak link cost the game. Both in revenue and proper development.

Speaking not as a PVP'er (because I don't PVP) but as a community member I have to ask, where are these other forums and how do we find out about them? I rarely use Twitter, but I still check the SWTOR Twitter feed. I quit Facebook, but I still go to the SWTOR Facebook page. I read Reddit and the official forums, where the community team is woefully silent (I compare official communication on the forums to a game like DDO, which is a lot older than SWTOR, and BW could definitely learn a lesson on dev interaction and communication). How are we supposed to find out about these Discord servers, where devs are communication information that should be communicated on their official forums, if they are not published? If the team wants to have conversations on Discord and answer questions I'm okay with that. I fully understand and accept that communication will come from more than one source. I don't often use Discord but I would check a server if there was one, but checking the signatures for Eric, Daniel, and the Community Team I see links to Twitter and Facebook, but no links to Discord. If I go to Discord and search public servers I see that there is a SWTOR server. Is that an official server? Is that where the devs are communication this information? If that is an official server, and it is where information such as this is being communicated, then why do none of the community team have a link to that server in their signatures? And if that is not the server, then how the **** are we supposed to find it? I don't have a problem with the community members setting up their own servers to discuss the game, and I don't have a problem with the devs joining those servers and communicating with the community in those servers, but if it is not an official server then any information that the devs share with the community in those servers must, absolutely must, be communicated on the official forums. If these discussions are not occurring in an official SWTOR Discord server then it is not incumbent on community members to have to hunt down obscure forums in order to receive official communication. It is entirely incumbent on the community management team to ensure that such communication makes it's way to these forums.

And can we please get a link to them saying that?

Or at least post recordings or links on this website site of this 3rd party and unofficial way they communicate.

Edited by TrixxieTriss