The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please Bring Back "Outlaw Armor Set" on the CM

arunav

It is one of several of the older models that had level 30ish purple stats in the gear, approximately from when the Cartel Market launched until they were taken out of the market more recently.

Below is the link. It has a classic SWTOR chest-look that isn't available in-game anymore (crafting or drops). The boots, while there are similar ones, are also unique.

For some reason this and the accompanying sets like it (Destroyer Armor Set for example, was another popular one) don't drop in Ultimate Packs. As such, the price on the GTN for them is astronomical - you can't buy them from the CM, and they are unique in appearance, even if there are sometimes similar models still in the game somewhere. For the Outlaw Armor Set, there isn't anything that is the same, save for a social vendor set on Corellia. It doesn't dye well, and some of the other pieces in the set are different as well.

In short, please bring back the Outlaw Armor Set (and maybe the others like it, which were CM-only sets with some level 30ish stats on them that were available since the earliest days of the CM but taken down more recently). This one in particular was popular for its chest and boots.

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/outlaw/

Edited by arunav

It is one of several of the older models that had level 30ish purple stats in the gear, approximately from when the Cartel Market launched until they were taken out of the market more recently.

Below is the link. It has a classic SWTOR chest-look that isn't available in-game anymore (crafting or drops). The boots, while there are similar ones, are also unique.

For some reason this and the accompanying sets like it (Destroyer Armor Set for example, was another popular one) don't drop in Ultimate Packs. As such, the price on the GTN for them is astronomical - you can't buy them from the CM, and they are unique in appearance, even if there are sometimes similar models still in the game somewhere. For the Outlaw Armor Set, there isn't anything that is the same, save for a social vendor set on Corellia. It doesn't dye well, and some of the other pieces in the set are different as well.

In short, please bring back the Outlaw Armor Set (and maybe the others like it, which were CM-only sets with some level 30ish stats on them that were available since the earliest days of the CM but taken down more recently). This one in particular was popular for its chest and boots.

https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/outlaw/

Most things on the CM rotate, so it's possible they will bring it back. They brought back a lot of old sets last year for their big sale. Also, keep an eye on the gtn, the sets pop up every now and then, because there's still a chance that they'd drop from the ultimate cartel packs

• 1 year later...
I would love to see this happen. The outlaw set is my favourite in the game for an Imperial agent. It has such a distinctive look, which is refreshing in a game that unfortunately tends to recycle and recolour armour to the point that it can all start to look a little same-y at times. It's a great disappointment to me that the set can't be unlocked in collections - even more so now that it's no longer available for purchase on the cartel market. I really see no reason why a small adjustment couldn't be made to make the set available for purchase or unlock as empty shells. It would require so little effort.

It would require so little effort.

Really? You have detailed inside knowledge of the SWTOR codebase that lets you say that?

Hint: you don't. I don't either, but I have worked as a developer for more than thirty years, and as a result, I'm well aware that large old complex software systems (of which SWTOR is a good example) have lots of reasons why things are *not* as easy as a naïve outsider might think. Overall, the fact that those sets remain impossible to unlock is a good indication that there is *something* that makes them "hard" to set up that way.

Really? You have detailed inside knowledge of the SWTOR codebase that lets you say that?

Hint: you don't. I don't either, but I have worked as a developer for more than thirty years, and as a result, I'm well aware that large old complex software systems (of which SWTOR is a good example) have lots of reasons why things are *not* as easy as a naïve outsider might think. Overall, the fact that those sets remain impossible to unlock is a good indication that there is *something* that makes them "hard" to set up that way.

Since the mods in these sets have essentially been outdated for many years, certainly since 4.0, perhaps they could be brought back with no mods and as a new item in collections.

Since the mods in these sets have essentially been outdated for many years, certainly since 4.0, perhaps they could be brought back with no mods and as a new item in collections.

That's probably the best solution. Perhaps it would be a good idea to modify the name slightly, e.g. the mythical pre-modded "Edgelord's Chestplate" remains what it is, and the collectable version is "Collector's Edgelord's Chestplate". Something like that. The specific wording is up for grabs, but the appearance is the same.

• 1 year later...
Yes, I bought these boots (complete outfit) long ago and would love to collect it again on my other characters, I'd even repurchase them at this point! If only someone were selling them on the gtn at least star forge. I see the pants and gloves all the time but never the boots. I'd pay a lot for them. I want them purely for cosmetic reasons, I don't care about mod slots or anything like that. Edited by BloodDollx