Cut all game cost with 50% for a periode.

RaschRune

Honestly a sensible idea if they're serious about wanting to capitalize off this, as disgusting as it may be for me to admit. Onslaught brought back like 3 people out of the dozens I've known for years and kept none. We know we're heading into yet another drought with nothing but grind to look forward to should you choose to continue.

Give people a reason to at least consider being engaged and lower the floor to be more inviting for new players and returns. While we're cutting things, feel free to cut that music from the main music, it's not enjoyable.

They should just do something for the corona shut-in period. Bringing a double XP event for after the stay-at-home is supposed to be over (I don't believe it will be and authorities are backing off the time estimate now, but at the time BW announced double XP the media said the shut-in was to be 2-4 weeks) is just too little, too late.

I thought this would be a fun time of non-stop raiding, but instead my server is even more dead than before everyone was stuck at home, with a lot of people I know playing other games because they actually set up events for this period.

Thanks for all your comments.

I guess if this had been an options we would have heard something from EA/BW.

I'm afraid some of us will stop playing after a short time, and to EA supporters and defenders, take care.

I rest my case.

These threads begging for them to be nice are kind of cringey tbh. Please abstain, people.

They don't care enough to manage the game and add stuff in like that? K.

They don't have the resources to manage adding bonuses for players to enjoy in the game? K.

They can't go off script and add in anything like extra bonus XP; not until a large update is added to the game, even if that means they do nothing for another month because, well they just can't? K.

Whatever the reasons are behind it, *shrug*.

I mean I am fine if they don't add bonuses in during these times, sure it would be nice etc. etc., but If you got to beg them for it, I'd rather not. Sort of loses the meaning behind it when the gesture has to be coerced in my mind.

Thanks for all your comments.

I guess if this had been an options we would have heard something from EA/BW.

I'm afraid some of us will stop playing after a short time, and to EA supporters and defenders, take care.

I rest my case.

I gotta be honest, I did not really mind that you were asking for something during the Corona times. It's this underhanded way of demanding stuff with the implied threat of losing customers that triggered me. And you made it quite clear that you don't care about possible detrimental effects to the people working at BioWare and only care about your personal gain.

I find it very funny that you rest your case by calling us EA supporters and defenders, when in reality your suggestion would be a wet dream of an EA guy who wants to downsize during these times.

Edited by Phazonfreak

I gotta be honest, I did not really mind that you were asking for something during the Corona times. It's this underhanded way of demanding stuff with the implied threat of losing customers that triggered me. And you made it quite clear that you don't care about possible detrimental effects to the people working at BioWare and only care about your personal gain.

I find it very funny that you rest your case by calling us EA supporters and defenders, when in reality your suggestion would be a wet dream of an EA guy who wants to downsize during these times.

That's why I am indifferent to it, we have no idea what's going on at their company etc. with the virus pandemic.

The game serves as an escape, and that's all I expect of a game. When it no longer can do that, that's when I as a customer take a break. Bonus XP etc., that's just icing on the cake.

I had an interesting comment ready … then cleared it out !!

I feel badly for everything that is unfolding:

*** people who will no doubt lose their jobs (not just players … but BW / EA staff as well) . I don't care who you are … that is NO FUN at all.

*** One of my wife's friends and former collogues (my wife is now retired as well) daughter lost her life ( her daughter lived in NY) …

*** As far reaching as this is I wish that at least one time we could all get along just a little bit better …

TO EA / BW (and others that might care)

Somehow we'll get through this together !!

My hopes and prayers are with you !

Take care of your homes and families ! Be safe !!

And you made it quite clear that you don't care about possible detrimental effects to the people working at BioWare and only care about your personal gain..

Your words not mine.

You just want do argue..for me it's waste of time.

Like I said, take care.

My opinion changed slightly as I scrolled through the various posts.

1st - I played SWG when Katrina hit and vaguely remember them helping out the people in the region (not all subscribers) by doing that. It was a good gesture, yes. I wasn't in the area, I kept paying a sub...I didn't feel "robbed" in any way because some people in need got a short term free ride if they even were able to log in and play.

2nd - this situation, and that one, are nowhere near the same type of situation.

3rd - my initial response was "no way" This game is, as others mentioned, a "luxury" and should honestly be one of the first things to go when money is tight. PLUS there is an F2P option for the game that allows you to keep playing. Yeah, some of the restrictions suck...but you can still keep playing.

However, as I mentioned, as I read through the posts...I did see some good counter points.

It would be good PR for EA if the did something like that.

Maybe not give everyone free subs for X amount of months like the OP proposes...

but rather, temporarily, remove some of the annoying restrictions of the Preferred F2P model.

Keep some stuff for people who are still able to pay their subscriptions, to keep the revenue coming in from those who can afford it...but give those who need to budget differently a more subscription like experience.

However...this is where I differ from the OP....I would make that for preferred only.

People / accounts that have never paid a subscription...in my world nothing would change for them.

Edited by Darev