The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Shae Vizla & Nico companions, Please bring back

I can make both camps happy. Instead of worrying about losing the originality and uniqueness for those who acquired Shae Vizla originally versus those who want that companion, we introduce...

Shane Vizla, Shae's half-cousin on her daddy's side!

Shane is just like Shae in every regard including dps output, but as a new companion, totally avoids the whole Shae Vizla conflict.

There. Solved.

Only if he comes with a cowboy outfit ;)

For whatever reason they made the highest dps comp exclusive for a limited time. With how comps are now(all having similar abilities) they should largely just be a cosmetic thing. Wouldn't mind them just buffing other comps to be comparable to Shea, or nerf Shea to be comparable to other comps.

Edit: I have shea unlocked, its pretty recent that I found out she had way more damage than some other comps. For the longest time I thought it was just cosmetic and that they all did fairly the same damage. Ever since I found out I felt like I was gimping myself by not using her when doing my daily quests and such. Would prefer there not being a meta companion

Edited by ironkevin

For whatever reason they made the highest dps comp exclusive for a limited time. With how comps are now(all having similar abilities) they should largely just be a cosmetic thing. Wouldn't mind them just buffing other comps to be comparable to Shea, or nerf Shea to be comparable to other comps.

Edit: I have shea unlocked, its pretty recent that I found out she had way more damage than some other comps. For the longest time I thought it was just cosmetic and that they all did fairly the same damage. Ever since I found out I felt like I was gimping myself by not using her when doing my daily quests and such. Would prefer there not being a meta companion

The only time when I feel like I'm gimping myself with a companion is when they're meelee. I resent the time it takes them to leap/run to the mob, which, when running, because of the way NPCs are programmed to move in this game, results in a zig-zag pattern rather than a straight line from point A to B, which delays their attack even more, and if the mob is beyond leap range, the companion still runs zig-zag until within leap distance.

During that same time, ranged companions have already started blasting away.

I even clear the stun option on the list of dps abilities on the companion's ability bar so that they start doing dps as soon as possible (and you have to keep your eye on that because it resets).

Edited by xordevoreaux

• 2 weeks later...

they have already brought them back once or twice since they have came out. HK-51, HK mission have been the most recent to get brought back. Paxton Rall and Master Ranos are the 2 that are up for return next. or better yet just let them be constant rewards or whatever. and give new event companions more a chance to happen. after a yr or soit shouldnt matter who is out or not. all those companions have been out 2 yrs or longer.

gamorrean, ugnaught and paxton should be unlockable either in legacy or cartel collections probably more cartel collections but not having access to them on other characters or without having to do them hundreds of times for loads of characters would be nice.