MVP Voting - What Gives ?!?!

Awthtem

Sorry but I gotta vent. WHY do i bother putting up Protect during Warzones? I bust my *** and end up at the top of the list 95% of the time (Objectives)... and what do I get for it but tons of deaths and no votes. Do folks realize how hard it is to get that Protect score? You gotta constantly be shifting your shield and keeping folks within that 15m range... All folks vote for is Healing or Damage. I can put up 50-75k in protection, 130-150k in dmg (as a level 33 JC) - usually w/no heals to speak of - and get no respect :/ Maybe folks are just voting for guild mates? Guess I am taking it too personally.

So why are folks voting the way they do ?... whats the reasoning?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people come with guilds/friends and just exchange votes, or pick whoever has the highest damage or healing, very little look at objective score, that being said, objective score...thats another flaw, on my jedi shadow, I bombed every door and downed both barriers, in one voidstar, end the game with 300 objective points.. 150 offensive, 150 defensive, while another guy had 1200.. lol

/Facepalm

This is like Facebook /liking

POINTLESS.

Seriously, why do you care?

Please go troll somehwere else. But to answer your question: You're right... I shouldn't. However, it still peaves me. I gotta think that MVP votes are making some stat go higher that I can use later on to get cool gear! (dreaming).

Is a tank really crying about mvp votes? You get the most medals every game anyway. Medals=commendations, just like mvp votes. Go re-roll a healer then see how hard it is to get medals/votes.

And from what I've seen people vote for mvp based on medal count anyway. If you aren't topping medals as a tank then you just suck.

Edited by Jooji

Sorry but I gotta vent. WHY do i bother putting up Protect during Warzones? I bust my *** and end up at the top of the list 95% of the time (Objectives)... and what do I get for it but tons of deaths and no votes. Do folks realize how hard it is to get that Protect score? You gotta constantly be shifting your shield and keeping folks within that 15m range... All folks vote for is Healing or Damage. I can put up 50-75k in protection, 130-150k in dmg (as a level 33 JC) - usually w/no heals to speak of - and get no respect :/ Maybe folks are just voting for guild mates? Guess I am taking it too personally.

Do you get 2-3 EASY medals for protecting someone ? ok so **** about not getting mvp all the time

Please go troll somehwere else. But to answer your question: You're right... I shouldn't. However, it still peaves me. I gotta think that MVP votes are making some stat go higher that I can use later on to get cool gear! (dreaming).

Not really trolling...its a legitimate question.

The MVP option is completely pointless, arbitrary, and opinionated.

It holds no weight

No are there any real parameters that exist to guide players towards making what you would call an "informed" decision.

Does defense win games? Absolutely.

Some would say the best defense is a good offence though.

Who's right? Better question, who care?

tl;dr : You are whining about something that has absolutely no meaning or reward.

Is a tank really crying about mvp votes? You get the most medals every game anyway. Medals=commendations, just like mvp votes. Go re-roll a healer then see how hard it is to get medals/votes.

And from what I've seen people vote for mvp based on medal count anyway. If you aren't topping medals as a tank then you just suck.

Jesus H... Did you read my original post retard ? I DO top the objective list. Why do people gotta be so insulting. Unfortunately, in the matches I play in most folks vote Dmg/Healer... My gripe is w/the lack of votes based on that Protect score, which is usually the highest in a match.

So I guess my OP should have asked why don't folks vote Protect versus Dmg/Heal? Is it b/c they dont understand what it is ? Is it b/c you only see about 3 on the board usually?

And look, I am not saying I should get the vote everytime, but I take a little bit of pride in my abilities - as do most serious PvPs. I can admit my vote varies from match-to-match on which way I go... I guess there are many factors. Just trying to figure out what I am missing....

Not really trolling...its a legitimate question.

The MVP option is completely pointless, arbitrary, and opinionated.

It holds no weight

No are there any real parameters that exist to guide players towards making what you would call an "informed" decision.

Does defense win games? Absolutely.

Some would say the best defense is a good offence though.

Who's right? Better question, who care?

tl;dr : You are whining about something that has absolutely no meaning or reward.

I appreciate your pov.... so let me ask... Do you even PvP? Do you take pride in how well you do? Probably not from the sounds of it. If you don't care, go troll some other thread. This was a legitimate question that I wanted feedback on.

But this poses another question - do MVP votes equate to commendations ? Someone was mentioning it earlier but I can't say it's substantiated. B/c if they do then this thread is more than relevant to PvP.

Sorry but I gotta vent. WHY do i bother putting up Protect during Warzones? I bust my *** and end up at the top of the list 95% of the time (Objectives)... and what do I get for it but tons of deaths and no votes. Do folks realize how hard it is to get that Protect score? Guess I am taking it too personally.

If you don't enjoy what you play then....stop! Problem solved!

Jesus H... Did you read my original post retard ? I DO top the objective list. Why do people gotta be so insulting. Unfortunately, in the matches I play in most folks vote Dmg/Healer... My gripe is w/the lack of votes based on that Protect score, which is usually the highest in a match.

So I guess my OP should have asked why don't folks vote Protect versus Dmg/Heal? Is it b/c they dont understand what it is ? Is it b/c you only see about 3 on the board usually?

And look, I am not saying I should get the vote everytime, but I take a little bit of pride in my abilities - as do most serious PvPs. I can admit my vote varies from match-to-match on which way I go... I guess there are many factors. Just trying to figure out what I am missing....

You're right, for being an overpowered medal whoring tank you should also get every vote. Because putting guard on someone and taunting on cd takes a LOT of skill.

People don't vote based on damage or healing btw, they vote based on MEDALS. I had 520k healing one match and got no votes because I only had 4 medals GG.

Edited by Jooji

Do you get 2-3 EASY medals for protecting someone ? ok so **** about not getting mvp all the time

"EASY"... probably coming from the ranged avenger w/the Easy button who ends up at the bottom of EVERY stat. Like I stated - I don't expect it everytime - I just wanted feedback on why folks never vote Protect. I can be at the top of the list everytime and get the vote 1 out of 10 times... just think thats a bit much.

I appreciate your pov.... so let me ask... Do you even PvP? Do you take pride in how well you do? Probably not from the sounds of it. If you don't care, go troll some other thread. This was a legitimate question that I wanted feedback on.

But this poses another question - do MVP votes equate to commendations ? Someone was mentioning it earlier but I can't say it's substantiated. B/c if they do then this thread is more than relevant to PvP.

No they don't. You get exactly ONE commendation per mvp vote. As opposed to medals where you get a percentage of the total I believe.

So as far as I'm concerned, he wants both medals and mvp. Can't have the best of both worlds but he still wants em.

It's a valid complaint. Nothing should be based on opinion when it comes down to who is best at whatever. There should be individual categories, like people who do the most healing, or damage, or defense. And the system should pick these people, not other team mates.

All the people attacking the OP need to think before they jump on the guy/girl. Why in the world would you put anything like that at all in the game. The fact that it's so arbitrary he shouldn't care is the same argument as it's so arbitrary, it shouldn't be in the game.

You're right, for being an overpowered medal whoring tank you should also get every vote. Because putting guard on someone and taunting on cd takes a LOT of skill.

People don't vote based on damage or healing btw, they vote based on MEDALS. I had 520k healing one match and got no votes because I only had 4 medals GG.

If you had 540k in healing I would have voted for you. Maybe unless a tank had 300k in protect... and I'm sorry but in my experience most folks vote dmg/heal. And since you had to throw in the insults I guess I gotta return....

As far as skill do you really think its that easy? Let me guess, you're another ranged avenger? Or DPS? hmmm... what makes those so skillful? I gotta make sure I am within 15m's of the PERSON BEING ATTACKED!! Try keeping track of that in the midst of battle. You can barely tell who is getting whacked most of the time, let alone having them stay close to you. I have to constantly keep track of all that... w/oh btw avoiding getting killed myself AND throwing up 130-150k in dmg every match. Do me a favor.. go whine somewhere else.

Edited by Awthtem

If you had 540k in healing I would have voted for you. Maybe unless a tank had 300k in protect... and I'm sorry but in my experience most folks vote dmg/heal. And since you had to throw in the insults I guess I gotta return....

As far as skill do you really think its that easy? Let me guess, you're another ranged avenger? Or DPS? hmmm... what makes those so skillful? I gotta make sure I am within 15m's of the PERSON BEING ATTACKED!! Try keeping track of that in the midst of battle. You can barely tell who is getting whacked most of the time, let alone having them stay close to you. I have to constantly keep track of all that... w/oh btw avoiding getting killed myself AND throwing up 130-150k in dmg every match. Do me a favor.. go whine somewhere else.

Again, the

You're right, it's hard putting guard on the ball-carrier and staying within 15 yards of him, or putting guard on a healer or melee(gets targeted the most) and staying within 15 yards of him. There's nothing hard about being a tank in pvp, as my guild's tanks will admit to. It's a joke and it gets way too many medals for the effort it takes. You don't even need a healer with you either as a tank.

It's a valid complaint. Nothing should be based on opinion when it comes down to who is best at whatever. There should be individual categories, like people who do the most healing, or damage, or defense. And the system should pick these people, not other team mates.

All the people attacking the OP need to think before they jump on the guy/girl. Why in the world would you put anything like that at all in the game. The fact that it's so arbitrary he shouldn't care is the same argument as it's so arbitrary, it shouldn't be in the game.

That's giving a bit too much faith to the system. At that point it's "To hell with objective scores, I must be top of this, or this, or this." I find it fine right now. Even if people are voting for friends I still believe that people should be given the choice of voting who THEY think did the best.

Yes, I am saying this because I get MVP'd a lot. Here's a little secret though, I would trade it in a heartbeat if it meant getting more healing medals. As it is right now at the end of a full Civil War match, want to know how many medals I have? 4. Tank? 10. The MVP votes aren't going to put me up to the amount of valor or commendations that the tank gets, and it's not even that much of a start. Because with 4 MVP votes, I've gotten 4 commendations. That's it.

Tank needs to learn to shut up and take the fact that he can shield a guy as much as he wants. Eventually they're both going to die though. Replace the tank with the sage though, and that guy will keep both of them alive forever if he knows how to play right.

That's giving a bit too much faith to the system. At that point it's "To hell with objective scores, I must be top of this, or this, or this." I find it fine right now. Even if people are voting for friends I still believe that people should be given the choice of voting who THEY think did the best.

Yes, I am saying this because I get MVP'd a lot. Here's a little secret though, I would trade it in a heartbeat if it meant getting more healing medals. As it is right now at the end of a full Civil War match, want to know how many medals I have? 4. Tank? 10. The MVP votes aren't going to put me up to the amount of valor or commendations that the tank gets, and it's not even that much of a start. Because with 4 MVP votes, I've gotten 4 commendations. That's it.

Tank needs to learn to shut up and take the fact that he can shield a guy as much as he wants. Eventually they're both going to die though. Replace the tank with the sage though, and that guy will keep both of them alive forever if he knows how to play right.

Amen brother.

I must say though, the best combination I've seen has been myself(operative healer)+BH(tank)+assassin(dps). We're pretty much unbeatable. The tank guards the assassin and I heal like a mofo, gg.

People will vote for their own reasons, the table at the end can be very misleading as to who contributed the most so it seems you just have to watch what player is doing what around you to decide as well as looking at stats.

This is especially true for huttball when you can score 2 of the only goals for your team winning the game and get low objective points.

Certain kills can be game changing, but chasing all players for kills is not necessarily the most important part of the battleground.

Healing is important but healing the right person at the right time is much more important, you can spam heal/overheal as many as possible but still not be particularly useful if you miss those who are getting the objectives.

There are so many factors that go into what is considered the most valuable player, the table does not do people justice, luckily the reward for mvp is minor so people don't feel too let down if they tryhard and don't get noticed.