Swtor’s 10th anniversary

Delani

There are at least a couple of "semi-new" classes that make sense. Basically, a Republic Bounty Hunter, Imperial Smuggler, Imperial Trooper, and Republic Agent.

Not really new though, just mirrors, which by the way i am all for.

I was referring more to something entirely new and unique.

I don't think adding a new class is realistic because of all the voice work that would need to be put into not just the base game, but every future story update as well. Obviously, developing a full-length original class story would be quite expensive as well.

Maybe we can hope for new skill specs for existing classes though, which gameplay-wise, play as a new class would. Or perhaps, new advanced classes.

It all comes down to how much support SWTOR is getting though. If the game is in a really good place and finding lots of success again, I believe it to be possible.

New Advanced classes would suffice as well :)

Intriguing idea i guess, could you name on in the lore for reference?

I was a hunter main in WoW for a decade so i get the appeal, just not sure how it fits in this universe?

well for animal trainers there was that fat guy who trained the rancor lol.

and droids? well jawas and anakin skywalker for example :)

To clarify. The amount of work that would be required to add a new class to this old game on this old engine would be so great that re-doing the entire game on a new engine would be more likely.

So, I think the chances of a new class in SWTOR1 are next to zero, but SWTOR2 would be a whole other story. 😍

I'd like to see an SWTOR2 as long as they don't change things too much. Guild Wars eventually became GW2, but while I played GW1 for many years, I didn't like GW2. 🙂

It would need to happen soon too - I'm not getting any younger. 😏

I've seen this suggestion more than once.

Depending upon how much of SWTOR 1 would "carry over" so to speak: (just two example of fun things I enjoy)…. SH and companions (if said companions were actually really ever returned to "active" status again) … Then yes. I would agree. SWTOR 2 might be the better idea.

As for the age thing … I rather suspect there's really not that many between your age and mine … and YES … let's face it … We're not getting any younger.

IF SWTOR 2 was in the works... AND IF SWTOR 2 was already being developed, not that far from release (maybe a year to 18 months )… Heck I'd love to help test it !! I know my new system can handle it ! I'd welcome the idea !!

On the other hand … if it's just a "thought" and still another 5 years out.... I'd rather see what we can do here !

Like you said … we're not getting any younger ! ;)

Not really new though, just mirrors, which by the way i am all for.

I was referring more to something entirely new and unique.

I was hoping for something more along the lines of this:

http://http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=964179&page=5&highlight=black+ops

this goes to the last page... more of a summary.

Just an idea. but IMO .. very doable and works with the current genre and also has an established lore.

Its more of a "whats the point of adding anything, if your not going to FINALLY introduce a new class after 10 years" not an or else. Just because you may think like that doesn't mean I do.

Thanks for clarifying that … really. It just kind of came across that way !

I do agree that introducing a new class could and should be done !! Both for Republic and the counter part for the Empire.

This would easily provide some fresh new (and much needed ) new stories for the game !

IMO.. a new class would be a win-win for all of us !

And YES !! I get it .. this will cost $$$. But as it's pointed out 200 MIL for a new game ? :eek::eek::eek: YIKES (and that was 10 years ago !!! )

BTW.. please note: I also agree that updating the game to 64 bit … etc … would also be appreciated as well.

The real question is: Just how practical would either of these projects be for a 10 year old game? Tough questions .. a nd the answers would be really interesting if we could see them first hand. As a former purchasing director … I can tell you someone in BW already knows that answer.

It just depends on how they want to spend the money … and how fast their investors expect a return.

At any rate... thanks again for clarifying your point !! I do appreciate it !

I was hoping for something more along the lines of this:

http://http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=964179&page=5&highlight=black+ops

this goes to the last page... more of a summary.

Just an idea. but IMO .. very doable and works with the current genre and also has an established lore.

I have to applaude the effort you and steve, and the other positive people put in to that thread is amazing, more people should read it. definate +1 for support here

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.