Maintenance: February 13, 2020

DanielSteed

I am looking into what is up with the MM stacks. I know that it is a change we were experimenting with on PTS, but I am still confirming whether this was a planned change or an unintended holdover from PTS. I will let you know once I have more info.

-eric

Keep them removed pls. NiM in 6.0 was fu*king easier than 5.10 with 258 which killed the whole point of the name NiM. ,,Casual'' players who will cry about it are players who should never even enter nims. And not to sound as like a elitist, but Nim is supposed to be fu*king hard, and it is now which is nice. If it is a bug than fu*king keep it i beg you. Its the only change i love about this game that u made in ages. Since the introduction of 5.10 Nim was a joke and now it is actually nice. Thank you for actuall raiding experiance.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am looking into what is up with the MM stacks. I know that it is a change we were experimenting with on PTS, but I am still confirming whether this was a planned change or an unintended holdover from PTS. I will let you know once I have more info.

-eric

It's quite a large change to remove VE stacks in NiM raids. It would be nice if stuff like this were in the patch notes -- so raid teams can plan accordingly.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

-eric

Try the ops before crying wolf. You will find that the content is pretty well scaled without stacks. NiM operations are HM lvl with the stacks, even without the stacks some bosses are super easy, first 4 in DF are 7 manable even without stacks. This is NiM Brontes lvl with stacks.

All I can say is that NiM right now without the stacks is lvl of NiM that it was in 4.0, which is not easy but not hard either.

In Gods, yes, there could be some nerfs here and there to balance the fights a bit, but NOT huge changes.

Edited by AlexIonutPlay

Try the ops before crying wolf. You will find that the content is pretty well scaled without stacks. NiM operations are HM lvl with the stacks, even without the stacks some bosses are super easy, first 4 in DF are 7 manable even without stacks. This is NiM Brontes lvl with stacks.

All I can say is that NiM right now without the stacks is lvl of NiM that it was in 4.0, which is not easy but not hard either.

In Gods, yes, there could be some nerfs here and there to balance the fights a bit, but NOT huge changes.

There's a difference between what a stacked group pulls and your average group but I'm of the opinion at this point, I'd rather have one reality without the devs swinging between two mindsets, screw under/overtuned. So if they really want to establish this whole (especially with Gods, where we're undertuned and things need adjustments- still not major, I agree for balance)- take Veteran's Edge out of HM/VM and disable the guild perks in HM/VM.

How is NiM supposed to get any new blood if all they know is a form of bolster before they hit Master Mode? I mean, the lack of Veteran's Edge is either a message that it's overtuning people, in which case it has no place in VM/HM (I have been complaining about guild perks since they were introduced) or it's to cater to a portion of the NiM/MM community who are bored.

Progression is how people get better so if you're going for this, either put those stacks back or have no way, shape or form of a bolster in way of VE/guild perks in VM/HM which were originally mechanically lighter/lower check versions of NiM/MM fights which prepared people for Master Mode. You're shooting the VM/HM prog groups in the foot.

Eric,

God bless your team for removing MM stacks. Those guys deserve high praise for making this adjustment. MM's should be intended for Masters not Memers. I hold no grudge for those that want to play casually but for those that enjoying playing hard content do NOT change it back. Give us something to work on and work with while you create MM Dxun.

Thank you for this consideration,

-Can

Eric,

God bless your team for removing MM stacks. Those guys deserve high praise for making this adjustment. MM's should be intended for Masters not Memers. I hold no grudge for those that want to play casually but for those that enjoying playing hard content do NOT change it back. Give us something to work on and work with while you create MM Dxun.

Thank you for this consideration,

-Can

Kinda curious if any of you have actually tried the raids?

My team went from being able to farm any time run we wanted with ease to barely being able to kill anything! Couldn't kill Draxus, someone claimed it can be 7 manned? I would really like to see that video. Stuff is way too hard now without the stacks, I agree some stuff was too easy but now everything is at an almost unclearable level. Its absolute insanity and if its not fixed I see it killing a lot of raiding guilds and really the whole community.

Seriously go try ****, and please send me these clears - Moka#2763 because I don't think people realize how hard these raids actually are now. Had a team who last week got a time run of tfb spend the whole night just to barely kill writhing horror. Is this really what you guys want NIM to be? Our dps were all above 9k and we still enraged on writhing. We cleared 2/5 DP NIM but it was very sketchy, and DPS were literally being 1 shotted if they got hit with a thundering blast. I cant even imagine what the heal check on styrak is right now its probably insane. So please, all the people saying this is what you wanted, please link me your 6.1 Clear videos id like to see it, 7m 4/5 DF NIM no crystals, Dragonslayer, let me see it, then ill accept that my entire guild sucks. Until then, it was over nerfed and really needs to be fixed immediately to a more balanced middle ground.

My team went from being able to farm any time run we wanted with ease to barely being able to kill anything! Couldn't kill Draxus, someone claimed it can be 7 manned? I would really like to see that video. Stuff is way too hard now without the stacks, I agree some stuff was too easy but now everything is at an almost unclearable level. Its absolute insanity and if its not fixed I see it killing a lot of raiding guilds and really the whole community.

Seriously go try ****, and please send me these clears - Moka#2763 because I don't think people realize how hard these raids actually are now. Had a team who last week got a time run of tfb spend the whole night just to barely kill writhing horror. Is this really what you guys want NIM to be? Our dps were all above 9k and we still enraged on writhing. We cleared 2/5 DP NIM but it was very sketchy, and DPS were literally being 1 shotted if they got hit with a thundering blast. I cant even imagine what the heal check on styrak is right now its probably insane. So please, all the people saying this is what you wanted, please link me your 6.1 Clear videos id like to see it, 7m 4/5 DF NIM no crystals, Dragonslayer, let me see it, then ill accept that my entire guild sucks. Until then, it was over nerfed and really needs to be fixed immediately to a more balanced middle ground.

went on a palace run after the patch and tanks were getting 120k thundering blasts and 50k shocks, while dps were getting 1 shotted with thundering blasts, both heals were at 12k yet tanks never managed to survive the entire pull.

Every dps was above 9k but since we never reached "enrage" dunno how it would have gone down

Edited by ebinhovdloca

Totally agree with this. Content unmanageable now in NiM. Scaling is clearly broken.

Seriously go try ****, and please send me these clears - Moka#2763

So please, all the people saying this is what you wanted, please link me your 6.1 Clear videos id like to see it, 7m 4/5 DF NIM no crystals, Dragonslayer, let me see it, then ill accept that my entire guild sucks. Until then, it was over nerfed and really needs to be fixed immediately to a more balanced middle ground.

Alright Bet

I can understand part of the frustration with the removal of veteran stacks, most of you I guess are used to doing Nightmare content either in full 258 masterwork gear (when content was scaled for 242) or the undertuned version we had prior to 6.1 with 30 veteran stacks where dtps was reduced by 30% on tanks and DPS were doing 25% more dps than the boss fight required.

For a lot of you doing Nightmare will be a challenge but I hope that you give it a fair chance, try to do some progging, work on how you execute mechanics, check guides for rotations, which set bonuses and think about if a AoE tactical or single target tactical is the best. Remember that there is also a huge advantage in being able to play different specs, each DPS class has multiple and although you might not be used to swapping between specs several times within the same ops, it can be a key factor in clearing an encounter.

Always try to understand why you wiped, what damage were people taking, how high was the effective healing from the healers (lots of healers spam AoE for high numbers isntead of doing single target on tanks), which spike damage was the tank taking, was tank using a cooldown (or should he in next pull?), are the DPS doing enough damage when it matters, do they need to save adrenals and other cooldowns next time?

There are lots of things to work on, I would advise groups to use starparse, it helps a lot as a healer to see what damage people take before they die, what cooldowns they used and how much healing they got to understand how to approach that in the next pull

Nightmare is supposed to be difficult, try to work based on that assumption rather than just throw in the towel after a pull or two.

How about you just put 2 Terminals in the begining of every MM Ops. Clicking the first increases your MM Stacks by 1, the other reduces your MM Stacks by 1. Every group then can adjust the difficulty themselfes. Everyone will be happy. Edited by LEBU

I can understand part of the frustration with the removal of veteran stacks, most of you I guess are used to doing Nightmare content either in full 258 masterwork gear (when content was scaled for 242) or the undertuned version we had prior to 6.1 with 30 veteran stacks where dtps was reduced by 30% on tanks and DPS were doing 25% more dps than the boss fight required.

For a lot of you doing Nightmare will be a challenge but I hope that you give it a fair chance, try to do some progging, work on how you execute mechanics, check guides for rotations, which set bonuses and think about if a AoE tactical or single target tactical is the best. Remember that there is also a huge advantage in being able to play different specs, each DPS class has multiple and although you might not be used to swapping between specs several times within the same ops, it can be a key factor in clearing an encounter.

Always try to understand why you wiped, what damage were people taking, how high was the effective healing from the healers (lots of healers spam AoE for high numbers isntead of doing single target on tanks), which spike damage was the tank taking, was tank using a cooldown (or should he in next pull?), are the DPS doing enough damage when it matters, do they need to save adrenals and other cooldowns next time?

There are lots of things to work on, I would advise groups to use starparse, it helps a lot as a healer to see what damage people take before they die, what cooldowns they used and how much healing they got to understand how to approach that in the next pull

Nightmare is supposed to be difficult, try to work based on that assumption rather than just throw in the towel after a pull or two.

While I agree that nim should be difficult, right now it's really harsh on new teams, we went from being 5/7 on snv to barely being able to get past 1st boss

Edited by MadAizo

Well, a simple NiM raid clear in this patch would prove the point. ‘We did it’ statement will suffice. Until then I am leaning to the point of view that dps and heals are nerfed to the point that raids are unclearable at any skill level.

All the nim ops are doable at their current state. Below are screenshots from snv&tfb last bosses parses for example +entire time frame of the 2 raids. So you can see that even with good amount of breaks between pulls we still got both timed runs. Maybe instead of complaining you should focus on improving. If you dont agree with me discord: Barrman#1337 :>

https://i.gyazo.com/f6b47da09c5bbcbd919b2f1dfb5d89c5.png

https://i.gyazo.com/db7ea36340c309fdbfd9c7c83a559fdc.png

https://i.gyazo.com/8d07d01a606207537a32c7cdc7a6f94e.png

https://i.gyazo.com/18fc01afaf70cd5690b744abbfa8f8bd.png

Enjoy

Well, a simple NiM raid clear in this patch would prove the point. ‘We did it’ statement will suffice. Until then I am leaning to the point of view that dps and heals are nerfed to the point that raids are unclearable at any skill level.

Yes the DPS checks are tight, but the sheer dtps is appalling. With 6.0 the DR overall was reduced by 5%, healers have a lower healing output and now with the stacks gone our HP is down even more. A thundering blast one shots DPS and shreds tanks... Please don't say that's intended?

Operations were tested already we did DP/DF and TfB/SaV all are easy timers.

You don't belive that we 7 maned first 4 bosses in DF, I guess we can record 7 manning Brontes and link after, maybe you will belive. We didn't want to 7 man first 4 we just went 7 man because one DPS was still patching.

Try to be NiM players, not Master Mode pepegas.

Edited by AlexIonutPlay

You don't belive that we 7 maned first 4 bosses in DF, I guess we can record 7 manning Brontes and link after, maybe you will belive. We didn't want to 7 man first 4 we just went 7 man because one DPS was still patching.

So is that the standard? One team able to clear and that's it? Frankly insulting someone with legitimate concerns for the raiding community at large, just proves how elitist you actually are and surprises me how the devs put such a high weight in to your opinion...

You did 4 timed runs in one night ? Impressive if true, but that is not the standard that should be used to tune content.

Try to see things from other's point of view from time to time instead of calling them *******.

Edited by MJSCHNEIDER

I was in the pug mdtk mentioned and thought it was a ton of fun. I'm a newer raider (joined my first HM team in 5.10) so I didn't get to see the content previously when it was tough. Despite not having seen the content when it was hard before it wasn't too tough to adapt to having run it in 5.10 and 6.0. At least as a dps I've been very bored with the old raids where we were ridiculously overpowered and dps checks didn't exist. We had some struggles on a few bosses (mostly Bestia while we got used to not being stupidly overpowered), but it wasn't bad.

After the pug tonight I'm incredibly glad they removed the stacks. The difficulty (at least for DP) isn't excessive and I'm really excited to run the other ops again and see what they're like.

Reguarding the removal of VE stacks

THIS IS KILLING the NIM community!

This is an awful change! Bioware needs to return the stacks, even 15 would be okay- I know a lot of elitist NIM raiders will say oh its such a great challenge. But this change takes NIM back to a place where only a very very small percentage of the games population can do it and that just Isn't fair! Content should be accessible to those who are trying to impove and progress. YES NIM should be hard but my guilds raid teams went from progging last bosses to not being able to kill 2/5 TFB overnight- it just isnt fair to community and it saddens me to see bioware taking a step in the wrong direction on the Nightmare difficulty.

I went from a SM scrub to a scrappy HM raider then into NIM prog, back to HM cause I wasnt ready then back to NIM, in 5.0 I got SNV timer, EC timer 4/5 TFB+Survivals and Monolith HM, the tuning of NIM was great in 5.0 even with 248 or 242 gear though a bit harder than Id have liked would have been okay this is just INSANITY mode.

I hope they add back the stacks or at least some of them, hell make a way for groups to remove the stacks if they want a challenge, perhaps remove them in Gods as that is the most recent content so hardcore raiders can get the challenge they want, (NIM duxn should serve as this as well when it drops) But please bioware this change will shut many NIM guild out of the community and will kill raiding making it something only the top 1% can accomplish and I very much dont wish to see that return.

BRING BACK THE STACK!

I've been healing for a shorter span than you raiding and I just did a guild pug of DP NiM- we're a majority APAC group so there were some fun pings to server. We had some pangs across the bosses but we focused and ended up one shotting Council. My probe key even came off and I was hitting the switch as much as I could, on three to four hours sleep. I have been NiM healing for a shorter time span, I have gone further and well, everybody knows my inventory and other memes. I had to focus but I had to do my job and not worry about what magical fairy stacks I did or did not have.

Do the same.