Buy the CE don't play the first day?!

Yachera

Anybody else who spent the $150 on the CE alittle put off by not being able to play the first day?

P.S. I'm not raging, just alittle put off

If we're talking about the early game access, I'm not too worried. The EGA was a reward for how fast you pre-ordered, not how much you spent.

That said, the entire thing about the code really sent me into a panic. The fact that you may not be able to play on the 20th because your physical copy was held up for some reason? Honestly speaking, this made me feel like I was being punished for buying CE (more than the extra price), and I think most CE buyers would have felt the same. I'm not saying Bioware should not have the code redemption requirement, just that they should have made arrangements for those of us who are waiting on a physical box, so that we don't miss out on game time come the 20th.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

want to hear the biggest piss off of all.

its BS about the pre-order date and when they are letting you in because a guy in my guild got invited today and he only registered his pre-order last week. and he hasnt even downloaded the game. he doesnt even really like the game..

thats the biggest thing that ticked me off about all this today......

Undocumented! Have him post a screenshot of his Code Redemption History. This is the third such claim I have read today, and nobody has posted documentation yet.

realistically paying 150 for the CE is silly..you get a bunch of toys for the extra dough and the only in game item that matters from the CE is the vendor probably...so no real point in buying it unless you're an actual collector anyways.

Says those who can't afford it.

I ordered a CE, got a code in an hour from Amazon and was in right at 7AM today. Bioware was very clear about how the early access would work. I fail to see why people are butt hurt about things now.

They could have at least sent an email, saying you'll be phased in tomorrow.

OP it all depends on where you bought it. For retail you should not have an issue. From Origin also should not have an issues. Other Etraders look out. Unless they state up front will have launch day do not expect it.

Is EA/Bioware wrong for doing no grace no. Grace period was a new idea started by LOTRO I believe. Back 5 years ago unless you have the box and entered the code do not play. Grace period only makes it too easy for gold sellers to get in free for them days.

OP it all depends on where you bought it. For retail you should not have an issue. From Origin also should not have an issues. Other Etraders look out. Unless they state up front will have launch day do not expect it.

Is EA/Bioware wrong for doing no grace no. Grace period was a new idea started by LOTRO I believe. Back 5 years ago unless you have the box and entered the code do not play. Grace period only makes it too easy for gold sellers to get in free for them days.

Do you know what Amazon is doing, by any chance?

What he said.

Seriously, people need to actually learn to read and comprehend alittle better. Either that, or should have entered your early access code earlier.

You guys are idiots. Bioware even said today is launch day.

If first day is the 20th, then why will there be Level 50s at "Launch Day".

Stop being dumb. Servers live = Launch. Everything else is sugercoating it.

Frankly I'm going to be so happy a week after launch....All the CE people will realize that they bought junk...The crying will stop and we won't have to reason common sense issues with them anymore.

You paid extra for the boxed items and access to a 'special' vendor....

Now when you're wearing a sweet chest graphic that no one else has access to that's something...Wait there aren't any vanity slots for social armor to be shown except in cities and non combat areas? HA!

i hope you are aware that the people who pre oreded the game first go in first, not some rich person to get special privilages, people who ordered it as soon as it could be ordered go in because clearly they are more dedicated not because they have more money.

If by rich you mean I worked about 25 hours (after taxes) to afford this then yes I'm rich...

Edited by Yachera
repeated word, lol

Just managed to get my preorder delivery from Best Buy changed to an in store pickup. Now I just have to worry about them being sold out and hearing that they worked out distribution to have the box in our hands by the 19th. :p

We aren't talking about getting into the the early access quicker, we're worried about the delivery limbo between early access and typing in our CD key. :) And yes as an earlier poster pointed out it may have been naive to think a delivery would somehow have us playing as soon as the servers came online. Oh well.

Minors in sociology and poly sci; I want to be a civil rights attorney focused primarily on firearms.Or I could work for the BATFE. Worthless?! My college has a 99% employment rate for CJ majors. Keystone college

Sure man everyone needs correctional officers and Legal assistents. Anyway a CJ degree is a *********** dime a dozen. Especially fropm some no name JC

Edited by StugLyfe

Anybody else who spent the $150 on the CE alittle put off by not being able to play the first day?

P.S. I'm not raging, just alittle put off

Me. I got the CE 8/1 as soon as I had saved the 150 bucks. I regret it. I won't do this again. From the Game Stop frustration to this disappointing feeling I have that I am missing out. I was so excited for years. Whatever.

Do you know what Amazon is doing, by any chance?

Last I read they will not release till 12am 20th. But if you are lucky they mean 12am Japanese time. :) since that is the 1st time 12am hits on earth. If they did that would get them 14+ hours in the Americas market.

Edited by Romiz