Nerf streamers! Legit wintrading!

Taketon

As a job, for money, for fun, as a hobby. Are you so naive that you need to actually ask these questions? Lol. Imagine claiming to be "an adult" and then demeaning others based on their jobs or hobbies. Only a child could be so short sighted and think in such a linear and binary way :^)

A job? How much money does this bring? Yeah I heard of kids making millions being a "youtuber" but how much does Snave make with his 1400 twitter followers? I cant imagine its a life-breaking amount. So money cannot be involved. If its a hobby, fine, play the game, but again, why the stream? Is it a hobby to stream? Not sure it can be catecorized as such. Anyway I see there is no reasoning you guys so ill just leave it at what it is.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well yeah, you can lock yourself in a room and play a social video game alone, orrrrr....

You could stream it and meet new and likeminded people to play with and form healthy, enriching friendships like you would going outside in the real world.

I’m all for being a kid, my bff who I met ingame calls me kiddo! She’s always around when I’m going through **** and to think we would never have met if I hadn’t have been talking to some pixels who weren’t in the room.

So yeah, I’d rather be childish with friends than stuck up my own arse alone

Question is if you would have met someone in the real world instead? :)

A job? How much money does this bring? Yeah I heard of kids making millions being a "youtuber" but how much does Snave make with his 1400 twitter followers? I cant imagine its a life-breaking amount. So money cannot be involved. If its a hobby, fine, play the game, but again, why the stream? Is it a hobby to stream? Not sure it can be catecorized as such. Anyway I see there is no reasoning you guys so ill just leave it at what it is.

I make pretty good money playing games, enough to live comfortably and pay bills. I'm not going to speculate as to what Snave makes, but that's neither your business nor mine, and surely an "adult" such as yourself would know better than to try to disparage the way that someone else makes a living. Or perhaps you don't know any better, what do I know.

I paid Snave in alcohol once, it was literally life breaking, at least for a few days iirc while we recovered from the hangover 😅😂

heh, well when I say kid, I mean a kid mentaly, not necessarily physically ;)

I dont think I will ever understand people like you Snave. What brings a person to stream a computer game (or anything else for that matter) regularly, put on a web cam of himself and talk to people who arent really in the room? By no means I wanna criticize we are all.... as we are so, please keep it up, what ever it is you are doing, mainly if you have fun with it. I will just never understand it.

I really must be old fashioned or something that I dont wanna spread my person over the internet. For me a game is something which I play on my pc and enjoy it. I do not feel the need to share this with unknown people over the internet. Its weird, confusing and maybe even sad cause it must have some background, why people do this. So anyway, have fun!

It’s simply about money. They get paid when they do it.

It could be argued it’s the norm now for society to do everything on the internet. From people taking video of everything on their phones and loading it on the internet. Everything from what they eat to them picking their noses.

The difference is these guys earn money from it. The same as other internet “influencers” do for promoting products or services. But most game streamers only get it from donations or a little advertising (not from the game companies).

Which begs the question, is it these guys who are weird or the people who sit and watch game streamers play and donate to them instead of playing the game themselves? Which is something I don’t understand at all.

I do understand people watching informational streams or video, but watching the same person stream every week for entertainment is confusing to me. The same as people who go and watch E-Sports in big arena’s like it’s a rock concert.

I guess I’m also too old in my ways to understand that. But I do understand making money from doing something I would do anyway. ie, they would be playing regardless, why not make some money as well;)

I would also like to add that they don’t just stream for entertainment. Theyve both made some really good educational or informational video on how to play the game. Not just for ranked players, but for new people or people who could benefit from understanding some basics, like reading a map ;)

I will agree that the people who only stream for ego are a bit weird and I find those that watch them super weird. Most of the time those streamers aren’t even that good. But it seems every man and his dog is spamming twitch.tv addresses in regs or on the fleet these day,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Does it matter how much? Getting paid to do something you’d do regardless is the best way to make money :D

I do understand people watching informational streams or video, but watching the same person stream every week for entertainment is confusing to me. The same as people who go and watch E-Sports in big arena’s like it’s a rock concert.

Why do people watch sports casters on ESPN talk all day? Why do people pack football or basketball stadiums? Why do people pay $15 to go to the movie theatre to spend two hours of their life on fictional stories?

The answer is entertainment. Whether the medium for this entertainment is television, a movie screen, or a computer screen, people happily spend money if they are entertained. I don't understand why this concept so difficult to grasp. Just because one person doesn't find certain methods of entertainment to be considered "worth spending money on" doesn't mean others also have the same mentality. It's pretty funny the amount of projection that occurs from people who deem other's hobbies as inferior.

On topic, it's equally amusing that so many people have jumped in this thread to try to discredit Stubonhockr. Why is it so hard for people to give credit where it's due? He's a really good Sin player, why does it offend people so much when someone else is finding success where others find failure? Do ya'll honestly have nothing better to do with your lives than to complain on an internet forum about someone else? Incredible set of 20+ year olds ya'll are, very mature.

Why do people watch sports casters on ESPN talk all day? Why do people pack football or basketball stadiums? Why do people pay $15 to go to the movie theatre to spend two hours of their life on fictional stories?

The answer is entertainment. Whether the medium for this entertainment is television, a movie screen, or a computer screen, people happily spend money if they are entertained. I don't understand why this concept so difficult to grasp. Just because one person doesn't find certain methods of entertainment to be considered "worth spending money on" doesn't mean others also have the same mentality. It's pretty funny the amount of projection that occurs from people who deem other's hobbies as inferior.

It seems my old age is showing. I feel the same about people sharing all of their personal life history on the internet, like it doesn’t matter who knows about them.

But I will accept some people find it entertaining to watch the streams, And I honestly mean no offence to people who watch streamers for entertainment, I just find it a weird pass time when you could be playing instead.

It’s probably no different to my parents generation thinking it’s weird that a women of my age plays online video games for entertainment. So I guess it’s a generational thing.

And as for streaming for money. I say good on you. People are obviously willing to pay for it, so someone has to fill that need, it might as well be you guys.

All the best with your streaming endeavours and thanks for the “how to” vids you post, they are appreciated.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Yes they look for entertaiment because of many reasons, one is for example they dont have kids, so they really just look for a way to kill time. There are quite a lot more ways, one is going outside, there is a whole world to see. Sadly this world has made people be too dependend on these, then the industry has made people in this "entertainment" rich. That is something which is very wrong, yet if people allow it, then it will never change. How can you have an actor, football player etc, be played millions, when on the other isde you have doctors, firemen who rescue lives of people get paid hundreds if not thousands?

On topic, it's equally amusing that so many people have jumped in this thread to try to discredit Stubonhockr. Why is it so hard for people to give credit where it's due? He's a really good Sin player, why does it offend people so much when someone else is finding success where others find failure? Do ya'll honestly have nothing better to do with your lives than to complain on an internet forum about someone else? Incredible set of 20+ year olds ya'll are, very mature.

This thread started on the base of him cheating to get his rating. Good or not he is a wintrader, sync quer or what ever. What he does is against the rules of the game so by defending him you say what he does it OK.

I make pretty good money playing games, enough to live comfortably and pay bills. I'm not going to speculate as to what Snave makes, but that's neither your business nor mine, and surely an "adult" such as yourself would know better than to try to disparage the way that someone else makes a living. Or perhaps you don't know any better, what do I know.

Well, that is nice for you and I wish you all well with that. However I am not sure how to do such a job till you are retired or not sure if that is contract work, streaming, youtubing, or what ever. In my view its not really meaningful. Imagine everyone doing that same? How would the world look like. If I say im a farmer and everyone would farm, how would the world look? People would have food. That is something reasonable, so thats how I see it.

Question is if you would have met someone in the real world instead? :)

I’m struggling to understand the question, maybe it’s the way you worded it...

Would I have met someone in the real world instead of in a game? Yeah, of course. We are social creatures.

Have I met someone ingame and in real life? Yeah, loads of times! My local pub now is in a different country, as I’m more of a recognised customer there than in the one at the end of my road 😂

I started playing swtor with a friend from “real life” we were talking about it in the pub one night, subbed & spent all evening naked dancing outside the academy on Korriban.

I actually can’t think of this game in a way like something in the vein of kotor, which is what I envisaged originally. Inter-player connection is one thing this game has done well. Streaming is simply a great tool to enhance that.

Yes they look for entertaiment because of many reasons, one is for example they dont have kids, so they really just look for a way to kill time. There are quite a lot more ways, one is going outside, there is a whole world to see. Sadly this world has made people be too dependend on these, then the industry has made people in this "entertainment" rich. That is something which is very wrong, yet if people allow it, then it will never change. How can you have an actor, football player etc, be played millions, when on the other isde you have doctors, firemen who rescue lives of people get paid hundreds if not thousands?

How do you know how they spend their time? I stream, I also travel internationally, I ski pretty often because it's good exercise and fun, it seems to me more like you just feel like other's are undeserving of making whatever money they make because their occupation doesn't fit your world view. Very reasonable and well rounded adult you are.

This thread started on the base of him cheating to get his rating. Good or not he is a wintrader, sync quer or what ever. What he does is against the rules of the game so by defending him you say what he does it OK.

Friend, I don't care whether you think I'm defending him or not defending him, your opinion of me doesn't affect how I sleep at night lol. It's just funny watching so many adults attacking this guy who I'm pretty sure is half your age, like a brainless mob, when half of ya'll say that "Solo ranked doesn't matter," yet very clearly displaying that it does matter to you all. It's like you're so consumed by your rage that you fail to see the immense flaw in your own logic.

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

Streamers are entertaining, it’s not complicated why people watch them regularly. Like Krea mentioned, we watch the same shows daily why would we not watch the same streamers daily? I don’t watch streamers, but it’s easy to understand why people do.

I am kind of surprised there’s a sentiment on the forums expressed that view relationships formed over the internet as taboo, or somehow lesser than traditionally formed relationships. Really? In this day and age, some of you really view internet relationships in such a limited way? Lol

Seeing people formed friendships via pen and paper and over long distance hundreds of years ago, I am pretty sure corresponding with other people via the internet affords the same opportunity.

What happens when someone moves away that you are friends with, do we just forget about them because they no longer are a friend who can socialize face to face?

We actually had this discussion once before btw. Mero, last time I pointed out that your attitude about people over the internet probably contributed to your past transgressions. I can see how easy it would be to take advantage or cheat players if you don’t view them as “real” people. Hard to operate with a conscience towards other players on a game if you can’t appreciate them as people.

The difference is these guys earn money from it. The same as other internet “influencers” do for promoting products or services. But most game streamers only get it from donations or a little advertising (not from the game companies).

Which begs the question, is it these guys who are weird or the people who sit and watch game streamers play and donate to them instead of playing the game themselves? Which is something I don’t understand at all.

I guess I’m also too old in my ways to understand that. But I do understand making money from doing something I would do anyway. ie, they would be playing regardless, why not make some money as well;)

Yup this is the real issue here. People are willing to pay these kind of people. Its definitely wrong to promote such things where influencers, youtubers etc get a lot of money for practically nothing. People are stupid for giving into this, just as players here are to go watch streams of this game instead of playing it.

As I said before its mainly kids, young people and adults that have too much free time (no kids) and just dont know what to do with life. Its sad that society has come to this and I hope the world come to their sences or it will burn.

Well, that is nice for you and I wish you all well with that. However I am not sure how to do such a job till you are retired or not sure if that is contract work, streaming, youtubing, or what ever. In my view its not really meaningful. Imagine everyone doing that same? How would the world look like. If I say im a farmer and everyone would farm, how would the world look? People would have food. That is something reasonable, so thats how I see it.

Damn, my job isn't reasonable or meaningful enough for you,I'm hurt :confused:

How do you know how they spend their time? I stream, I also travel internationally, I ski pretty often because it's good exercise and fun, it seems to me more like you just feel like other's are undeserving of making whatever money they make because their occupation doesn't fit your world view. Very reasonable and well rounded adult you are.

You use the word adult too often. You should tells us the meaning in your view. Anyway, its good that you find time to play video games enough to earn money with it and also have time for real world things. I really envy you that cause when i go to work, come home, take care of family and stuff i barely have time to do anything before its night and i go to bed.

Friend, I don't care whether you think I'm defending him or not defending him, your opinion of me doesn't affect how I sleep at night lol. It's just funny watching so many adults attacking this guy who I'm pretty sure is half your age, like a brainless mob, when half of ya'll say that "Solo ranked doesn't matter," yet very clearly displaying that it does matter to you all. It's like you're so consumed by your rage that you fail to see the immense flaw in your own logic.

We are far from being friends, my friends are people that I actually met in real life. I stated many times I do not care and same as you it doesnt affect how i sleep at night. Not sure why I am doing this, guess its cause I am a parent and need to guide kids to being adult, i dunno.

Nevertheless if you didnt care at all you would keep up the conversation.

As I said before its mainly kids, young people and adults that have too much free time (no kids) and just dont know what to do with life. Its sad that society has come to this and I hope the world come to their sences or it will burn.

The world will burn because people are willing to spend money in ways that you disapprove of, what an insufferably arrogant and ignorant world view. Suddenly all the vitriol that you've ever posted on these boards make so much sense.

I can tell you. He is both good + organising fights behind the scene. Qsync + small wintrade + skill = easy top spots. If he wasn't organising qsync and small wintrade he would had to play much more games and he would not have that big rating.

Legit player

Edited by endamager

Please ! everyone who reading this tread . Report him and let bioware rule it out. Seen him today. Seems my team throwing for him too....

Ask your team to stop, better yet, ask yourself why they are your team if they don’t share the same rules

The world will burn because people are willing to spend money in ways that you disapprove of, what an insufferably arrogant and ignorant world view. Suddenly all the vitriol that you've ever posted on these boards make so much sense.

You only see that I judge based on my view of the world, yet you do not look at the view itself, what it is. Are you saying it was wrong in the past to not have computer games? Was it wrong to play outside? Make toys out of wood and other stuff? Is what we have now perfect? Is this the way the world should be? Should people get millions cause they introduce a toy on the internet in a video? It that the golden era of humanity? Compare to what we had and what we have now, tell yourself what is more reasonable.

There would be a lot of topics that would prove that people are on a verge of catastrophose due to the way we live. This is how i view it too. You can go play games, ski, earn money from games and not be bothered in your sleep at night. Yet that doesnt mean nothing will happen and it will all pass. Yet, those are topics for another day and as I said stubenhocker is cheating on live stream, I have said it before and i say it now.

You only see that I judge based on my view of the world, yet you do not look at the view itself, what it is. Are you saying it was wrong in the past to not have computer games? Was it wrong to play outside? Make toys out of wood and other stuff? Is what we have now perfect? Is this the way the world should be? Should people get millions cause they introduce a toy on the internet in a video? It that the golden era of humanity? Compare to what we had and what we have now, tell yourself what is more reasonable.

This ludicrous view brought to you by the person that literally spent thousands of hours getting achievements in a video game using bots, wintrading, and no doubt much more unethical behavior. If he's not trolling, he's borderline psychotic.

This ludicrous view brought to you by the person that literally spent thousands of hours getting achievements in a video game using bots, wintrading, and no doubt much more unethical behavior. If he's not trolling, he's borderline psychotic.

I know the hypocrisy is staggering. :D

I mean, dude probably has more internet "friends" than all of us combined truth be told. There's no way he was that active in the ranked scene doing what he was doing without him being very social with other gamers and I find it hard to believe all of them were pals he knew IRL before he started SWTOR.

Unless he just worked with bots, and all the bots belonged to him. Maybe he's like Sam Deathwalker?

Anyway, I don't like to pile on people, but I find the notion that living, breathing people we meet on the internet are incapable of being real friends extraordinarily ignorant. I have both internet friends, some I met 19 years ago on EQ1 that I still keep in touch with along with others I have met on newer games along the way.

I do have "real" face to face friends too, even still a few from High School in fact! Fact is, some of my internet friendships have developed over the years into some of my strongest friendships and I never once met these people face to face.

I think it's sad a person would isolate themselves by thinking of internet entities as nothing more than NPCs there to play with, but not to get to know or befriend. I mean if you view players in the game as nothing more than automatons, why even bother playing a MMO or online game with people playing?

You can't accept competition with other people on an online game all the while believing them to be some sort of lesser entity than yourself, it makes no sense. I think it's just an easy way to justify behaving poorly by telling oneself that the ingame crimes aren't hurting anyone seeing they aren't "friends."

This isn't some unknown phenomenon though. On eq1 P99 a guy got a terrible reputation there for joining hardcore raid guilds, establishing himself for months as an active member, then pilfers their rechargeable extremely rare and hard to get pixels that were used and lended out by the guild to it's trusted members for raiding.

I am not saying Mero is a thief, I am saying his discounting of internet people as actual people is similar, though. Also, both players justified extremely poor behavior with the same type of excuse. Mero cheated in ranked, this guy on EQ1 cheated players by stealing their pixels. I see a lack of conscience in both cases especially when you hear their excuses for doing what they did.

The way I see it is if someone would steal your stuff in the game they'd probably steal from you IRL, too. There's no reason to believe such a person only lacks ethics and morals when it comes to how they behave in a virtual reality world of anonymity. I'd guess if they a scumbag in the game, they probably a scumbag out of the game, too.

Anyway, Mero has had this attitude for years this is nothing new. I just ignore this part of him, and hold belief that he will find wisdom as he ages. Unfortunately, I worry this could be more of a matter of having a conscience or not, and that's something you can't find.

Edited by Lhancelot

That does not really have to do anything with this view. I have my reasons for gathering achievements, its something I do to get away from my daily problems, but thats something I do not have to discuss on the internet with unknown people ;) (even though I surely mentioned it somewhere when I had a weak day).

There are many ways to get those achievements, most of them can be done by "autonomous systems" but I dont want to expand on that. Some need to be done manually, but I had times in the past when i was alone in a foreign country, without family and nothing to do, so to save money I just stayed home and played swtor to pass times away. During such times the game comes in handy. However, its not a way to live a life and its only temporary as opposed to most people who play like that for years. I spent far less time on these as you might think.