Skins top tier PVP Gear. LETS SAY THE TRUTH

Zaerion_H

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really did absolutely wreck the PvP skins for the most part...especially the helmets.

Actually, helmets are like 90% of the problem. If they just made them less....stupid, there's no other word for it, that would help a lot. But the armor on many classes is really horrible too. Bioware - we don't want to look like samurai or bugs or clowns. We don't want the absurd fantasy-level of incredibly over-the-top armor that some other games present.

We want to look like the elite of our chosen classes while wearing PvP armor. The elite don't go around around the galaxy LOOKING LIKE LADY GAGA.

For great justice!!!

Another jedi sentinel who will be cancelling if my pvp gear doesn't change because it looks like its two rookie's rubbing their balls in **** then taking turns vomiting on each others donkey *****.

Way to hire good people.

So many capes for smugglers!

What really bugs me is that there's so many awesome designs for smugglers while leveling, and then you get to the PVP sets, and beyond colors, they all look the same. Even the PVE sets look nearly identical.

I mean, if you're going to make a few different gear sets, you should at least make them visually distinct.

Ah, I long for LOTRO's cosmetic system.

I wonder how you managed to pull off something so horrible, especially after you've put together a good system to personalize the equipment with excellent results, but who approved such a thing?

And then you realize that this system makes it completely useless to any type of crafting, biochemical excluded as it is the only one not craft the items that become useless at 50?

But who is the genius who designed this thing?

I personally see absolutely no reason why they can't allow us to remove the armoring/barrels from pvp armor/weapons.

It already costs 25k+ per mod to remove it(can someone say gold sink?), the mods are already bound to us on purchase, they're also changing tokens so that we can buy whatever other pieces we want anyway instead of what the bag gives us(so it doesn't matter if we're buying the same piece repeatedly)...

Why can't we at least look the way we want to look? It's bad enough my BH helm makes me look like one of those robo-brains from Fallout....

Looking at some of the disasterous design failures with regards to end game gear, I'm left rather confused.

Warhammer Online has a simple feature that lets you choose the appearence of your gear. You simply drag and drop an existing item of your choice into a slot and that is what your realm sees when they look at you. The enemy realm gets to see what your gear actualy looks like so they can gauge your rank.

Now with this said, EA owns Warhammer. BioWare is in charge of development. (Mythic only exists to redirect the flak from angry subscribers away from EA/BioWare) EA moved most of the WAR developers over to the Star Wars project. So, why hasn't this simple feature been put into STWOR. The only logical answer I can think of is that the intern left coding WAR made the system and the ex-Mythic devs and BioWare devs simply don't have the skill to do the coding, which is highly embarressing if you ask me.

Maybe they will prove me wrong by implementing the system into STWOR. Untill they do, I can only asume they just aren't competent enough to do it, which is a real shame for us subscribers.

I wholeheartily agree with you!

I think noone can understand why on the one-hand you can customize your look and the combination of your gear and when you go for the PvP-Set you are forced to wear this crap!

Anyway... the solution is sooo easy!

First of all there should be a clear isolation between the mods (armoring, enhancement, etc.) and the containers. the containers are the different armor slots (head, chest, legs, etc.).

You get the containers from quests, drops and for commandations. But they are empty or maybe filled with standard green mods of the appropiate Level of the quest, loot etc.

The mods you can also get from quests, drops and commandations.

So that makes the difference! You dont buy a fully modded piece of PvP-Armor! No! You can buy the Container (if you want that ugly stuff) and you can buy the mods. All with your commandations you get from the PvP-Daylies etc.

So if you already have a nice looking piece of Armor - the container - you can just equip them with the mods you get from PvP.

The Set-Names and -Bonus is linked to the armoring mod. Which means when you put for example die Vindicator Armoring Mod into a nice orange armor piece - the container - which you got from a quest or from loot, then this piece of armor becomes a set-piece of the Vindicator-Set. When you do that for 2 respectively 4 container you get the corresponding set-bonus from the Vindicator-Set.

This way you can customize your gear freely and like you want to have it. And you are not forced to wear this stupid LvL 50 PvP-Gear.

Everyone would be happy! :)

Easy enough or am i overseeing something?

Cheers!

Totally agree. As a guardian I would rather play in worse gear than that disgrace of a lvl 50 armor set.

Toon customization has been requested by players in every MMO that I've played...how is it so hard for developers to pick up on this? No one wants a bad looking character and everyone has different preferences so, customization is the answer.

It's a realy shame they haven't stuck to the mod gear at end game...really enjoyed it while leveling.

Edited by DivisionBell

The current situation with end game gear and item modifications isn’t final and, in fact, many community members like yourself have correctly guessed at what our plans to correct the current design are.

Since this is a fairly important issue to many players, let me disclose more details about what is currently in the work regarding purple items and mods:

- All partially moddable purple items will be made fully moddable again, allowing the removal of the armoring, hilt and barrel.

- The set bonus of end gear purples (PVP and PVE) will be transferable to custom items.

- Some item modifications will be restricted to a certain item type. For example, some item modifications will only fit on helmets, while other will only fit on chests, etc.

As usual, the caveats about unfinished work apply, but this should give you and the community a very good idea of our intentions. We are serious about making custom gear an entirely valid alternative to end game gear and we support the players’ ability to customize their appearance all the way to (and including) end game.

Great news.

I'm not doing any pvp with my 50 Sentinel because I can't stand the armor I'd have to use. Trooper looks retarded as well, so I'm happy I'm getting IA and SI so I can at least not get depressed after I look at my char.

i respect your opinion , but when i think in a jedi , this is what comes to my mind:

http://swtorhumanrelations.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/jedi-sentinel.png

not a crapy goldye-C3PO-SAMURAI-BACKPACK Armour...

That Set would awe Awsome....

I still say to myself.. the Samurai-Ser is just a placeholder.. it has a Helmet (not Headband), and a Backpack... so its more Trooper... Please?

Look at Smuggler pvp gear... its terrible.

Especially the 50 sets, its like a tshirt with a giant cape, no armor... at least give us the trench-coat set from the progression trailer...

You might want to take some artists from Warhammer Online, the gear in that game for max level looked boss.

Yah, in WARHAMMER the gear looked just freeking EPIC, at least on Chosen and Marauder.

even Black orc.And you gained trophies, like dead mice on hooks, lol that you could atach to your armor, purely estethic.

Chosen and Marauder armors were so incredibly cool, sorry for repeating that :p

i agree, i think that a "narrating" game like this should have a big aspect custimization, to give people a more sense of immersion.

orange gear idea is perfect, you choose a skin, you keep it and pay/drop upgrade mods, you can keep powerful mods if you want to change skin

but purple gear makes all people look the same,before lvl 50 i was amazed by looking other toons dressed totally different from me while waiting warzones to start, but @ 50 they all look the same

orange = people choose

purple = bioware art director choose

but

people > bioware art director