I Love Corso Riggs

silvershadows

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Corso. I even love his harpoon shot. Every time he uses it, I like to think it's just his special way of asking me to kick a bad guy in the junk.

Exactly! Makes it easy when they bring the target right to you.

Just adding to this. I've stuck with Corso for a lot of the same reasons - I like his lines, I'm used to his play style which works well with mine (plus I'm a healer), he's durable, and I just plain like having him around. Sometimes, he's absolutely hysterical, too. Love the voice, too... especially "Anything you want, Captain."

From a guys perspective, I really didn't think I'd like Corso starting out, but after 25 levels I'm going to be a little sad if I ever feel the need to run with another companion. He's like the other half of a really good buddy cop movie, always got my back, makes an excellent wing man with the ladies and always wholeheartedly agrees with me when we run across some particularly sad specimen of humanity who is just begging to get shot, dark side option or no.

In short... he da man! heh Only thing I feel bad about is, as often as I get to hook up I feel terrible that I can't get him a little on the side as well. I mean come on, what kind of buddy am I? lol

Just adding to this. I've stuck with Corso for a lot of the same reasons - I like his lines, I'm used to his play style which works well with mine (plus I'm a healer), he's durable, and I just plain like having him around. Sometimes, he's absolutely hysterical, too. Love the voice, too... especially "Anything you want, Captain."

Same here! I agree word for word. Currently I'm only lvl34 sawbones. His skills seem to really fit well with my char. I simply can't imagine playing with a different companion.

I'm trying to pace myself with his story and not trying to rush the class missions to unlock more story, but I can't help it!! It will be so boring when his missions are exhausted.

I want moooore!

I worry that it would be the end for good after the last Corso mission. :( I mean, I would *expect* more companion dialouge in future patches and expansion packs...but wouldn't Bioware have to track down the voice actors to record them?

So there's a risk Corso's voice may change? :eek:

I'm trying to pace myself with his story and not trying to rush the class missions to unlock more story, but I can't help it!! It will be so boring when his missions are exhausted.

I want moooore!

I worry that it would be the end for good after the last Corso mission. :( I mean, I would *expect* more companion dialouge in future patches and expansion packs...but wouldn't Bioware have to track down the voice actors to record them?

So there's a risk Corso's voice may change? :eek:

There shouldn't be a risk of his voice changing. Bioware responded a couple weeks ago (saw it on Dev Tracker) that they plan ahead of time with Voiceactors for any chance of something happening. Besides the contracts written and signed in such a way as to ensure the V.A.'s are available, they record stuff well ahead of time and extra stuff for possibilities to ensure that if the V.A.'s are out of commission for a period of time, they can still put in new content.

Corso is great! When someone mentioned that he was like a space age version of Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2, that sealed the deal for me. He's going to be my main companion for most of the game. The rest will have to spend most of their time crafting. Now if only Bioware would fix the problem with companions resetting all their abilities to default...

When do you get the first romance dialogue? Is it based on the amount of affection you have with him or where you are in the class quest line, or level?

It's sort of a mix of all three as far as I can tell. I think the first time he really hit on my smuggler was around Taris or so, but I was also feeding him a fairly constant stream of gifts.

Only thing I feel bad about is, as often as I get to hook up I feel terrible that I can't get him a little on the side as well. I mean come on, what kind of buddy am I? lol

Given the length of this thread, I have a feeling he's doing just fine all by himself ;)

My fiance was like what's wrong and I said, "well you know how you said you get screwed over on your IA all the time? Apparently I've been set up FROM THE BEGINNING!"

that makes me feel soo much better about refusing to flirt with that borderline pedo.

Speaking of Flashy...

Is Flashy the blaster he refers to in the quest "Gun Philosophy?" When he first gives you Flashy, he tells you she was the first blaster he ever owned. Then he tells you later in the gun philosophy quest that the guy who taught him guns were a tool gave him his first blaster. Same gun? Yes? No? ...Anyone...?

If I am correct than wow... just wow. And AWWWWWwwwwwwwwwwwww....

you know, i was thinking that too! i was quite touched and a tad humbled that he'd entrust such an important keepsake to me, so soon after we just met too.

//Quote:

Originally Posted by SayEndo

Just adding to this. I've stuck with Corso for a lot of the same reasons - I like his lines, I'm used to his play style which works well with mine (plus I'm a healer), he's durable, and I just plain like having him around. Sometimes, he's absolutely hysterical, too. Love the voice, too... especially "Anything you want, Captain."//

Same here! I agree word for word. Currently I'm only lvl34 sawbones. His skills seem to really fit well with my char. I simply can't imagine playing with a different companion.

I agree with this too!! The way his voice lowers when he says it... gunh! Sometimes before I sign off, I'll click on him until he says it, just for the last thing of the night :D

It's sort of a mix of all three as far as I can tell. I think the first time he really hit on my smuggler was around Taris or so, but I was also feeding him a fairly constant stream of gifts.

The earliest time I had him hit on my character was actually on Ord Mantell when he gives you Flashy (pick option 2 twice), but as far as him actually making a move I think it is around the end of the Taris missions.

From my experience you "unlock" certain discussion with him as you move up in affection points, but you also have to get past certain story/mission points for them to actually show up. So I think Karinah is right...its a mix of all three.

you know, i was thinking that too! i was quite touched and a tad humbled that he'd entrust such an important keepsake to me, so soon after we just met too.

It's cause he thinks you're hot... And I'm glad its not just me being a crazy person!

This thread pleases me. Corso is my boy, my bridge candy, and the companion I've toted from 9(ish) to 47. Guss has come out to play occasionally, but He doesn't like my devil may care, run into danger laughing lifestyle, where as Corso is happy as long as I don't die. The only companion who comes close to Corso is Revel, who appeals to me in a different way (My Smuggler has her cute farmboy and my Inquis has her dirty pirate. All is right in these scenarios)

I know a lot of people are all about that hairy wookie, but for me no one can hold a candle to Corso. And I like his poetry.

I was WAY too upset about my ship to notice Corso flirting with me then. :mad:

so was i, dang it...guess i'll find out what he says when i roll another smuggler.

I know a lot of people are all about that hairy wookie, but for me no one can hold a candle to Corso. And I like his poetry.

i'm scared to ask because i'm afraid i may have somehow missed it, but...when does he give you a poem? is it after the level 45 quest he gives you?

i'm scared to ask because i'm afraid i may have somehow missed it, but...when does he give you a poem? is it after the level 45 quest he gives you?

Well I got it at 43ish, but it's after that quest. And the poem was, to be honest, not nearly as well formatted as some would think. But still sweet, in a very Corso way.

i think i had one all for Corso.. but honestly, i was so drunk.. we agreed not to mention it again...

I love my ‘slinger, I love the play.

I love it more and more each day.

I love my Corso, he is the best.

I love his harpoon and all the rest

I love the stories and the locations

I hate to have to go on vacation

I love my ship, so drab and gray

And the dailies that pile each day

I love to play in my padded cell

There’s nothing else I love so well.

I love to play among my peers.

I love their leers and jeers and sneers

I love my computer and its software;

I hug it often though it won't care.

I love the client and every file,

I’d love them more if they worked a while

I'm happy to be here, I am, I am;

I'm the happiest Star Wars fan, I am.

I love the pro’s, I love the newbs

I love to melt their face and shoes

I love my ‘slinger -I'll say it again.

I even love these friendly men,

These men who've come to visit today

In lovely white coats to take me away.

Edited by Asgorim

I love having Corso as a companion, it feels a little like I am actually playing with someone else but without any back talk :D.

i know what you mean. sometimes i catch myself talking to him. then i am sadly reminded that he can't really talk back (unless you count right clicking on him talking back). i know, i know, i'm such a dork.