Please Re-Scale Instances to Level 75 for FPs and Ops

arunav

How the hell can you cap 23 characters :v If there is a secret recipe I want to know it. Unless it's conquest... Then I kind of don't see the point in doing them anyway.

I capped 55 characters a few weeks before xmas. It’s exhausting, so I’ve not tried that hard since. But 23 is dead easy to do without trying that hard. My wife and I have our own family rep and Imp guilds we get through medium to large yield each week by playing together.

This is our not too secret recipe.You have to plan your activities. Know what lvl bracket some conquest points are only available for and maximise them.

It also helps if you’re a crafter and can make invasion forces and dark projects (crafting 1 each a day on a crafter is like 25k points a day on a normal week). Do a space mission and bonus mission during the space one and that’s about 8k points. Then you can usually finish off a crafter by crafting the mats needed to restock invasion forces. If you have 7+ crafters like I do, you get one done each day of conquest. So there’s 7 characters.

Applying a utility point to a character under lvl 50 is 36k (so just pick one and reset heir utilities). Then on the same lowbie character you can ride the speeder, give a gift and sell junk. One heroic and you cap them at or well above 50k depending on if they go up a lvl at the same time. Again, if you have 7+ lowbie characters, you can get one done each day of conquest.

LvL 65-70 are probably the hardest to get through unless you run heroics, which is a good way to do it. Pvp and GSF is an option for socialite (but I save socialite for my 30+ lvl 75s and do uprisings on them). You also have planetary kills that you can mix in while doing heroics on the planet. Also if you lvl up, you get 6.75k in points. We save Cz-198, section X and black hole for these characters and just doing one of those activities will nearly give you conquest on them.

If you ask me, Imperial characters are also easier to do than republic because Imps always have the faster content for some reason. If you want to get lots of conquest done, IMPs can do it faster. Ie, section X and black hole are much faster and easier to do on imperial and much more time consuming on republic. We save Cz-198 specifically for republic as it’s the same for both factions. We run section X on our Imp Stealths because you can literally do the 4 man heroic without killing anything (if you’re a stealth) and section X can be done in less than 18 mins. Black hole isn’t much slower when we are grouped together.

Then you have uprising for lvl 75s (at least till they Nerf or rescale them :mad:). You can get socialite 1 done from doing 3 uprisings. Which is 30k points (I think). There is sky trooper 2 killing too in uprisings which is 8k once a day. Doing 3 uprisings also give you Tour of duty which is 30k. Then you have socialite 2 which gives you about 50k (I think). And that doesn’t include the weeklies you can get 100k+ for story or veteran uprisings and 36k for master mode weekly.

The trick is to not stay on the same character to complete the socialite and tour of duty on or you over cap conquest on them and it’s a waste if you are trying to get as many through as possible. So pick one you want to get socialite on and one you want to get tour of duty on. We also don’t finish our uprising weeklies on every character. By leaving some to finish the next week or the one after, they may only need to do one or two uprising to get the large weekly totals. If you have plenty of lvl 75s you can rotate them through on a roster over a month, so some only need to do one uprising and they get the weekly which gives them conquest.

Normally I would have done all that through pvp. But the pvp changes last year ruined pvp for me and I won’t step back into it, now it seems they are going to do the same to uprisings for me. So I’m seriously considering unsubbing when they patch uprising.

Also you have renown for lvl 75 characters and that ticks over pretty fast and gives you 6k each time.

Of course, it’s all time consuming. I made it sound easy, but it’s not unless youve 4-8 hours every day available to jump on and get as many through as you can. You need to treat it like a job and priorities your activities and not waste time. Which becomes tedious and boring if you play like that too often. It’s why I’m having a semi self imposed conquest break this week so I don’t get burnt out. I’ve just been playing a few Alts story to get conquest for our guild. My trooper is 498k and my Merc is 423k. I will only be getting 10 Alts through this week because I’m not following our plan. But our family guilds will still make medium yield easy.

Last thing. It also helps if your guild has the 10% conquest booster active. There is one for 20% too and that makes a huge difference of how many you can get through with minimal effort.

How the hell can you cap 23 characters :v If there is a secret recipe I want to know it. Unless it's conquest... Then I kind of don't see the point in doing them anyway.

That's what he's talking about, he capped the CQ for them, not the level...lol. I usually cap 40 + , depending on the CQ objectives, how much time I have, and whether I just want to do story, or can bother with other stuff...lol

That's what he's talking about, he capped the CQ for them, not the level...lol. I usually cap 40 + , depending on the CQ objectives, how much time I have, and whether I just want to do story, or can bother with other stuff...lol

I may have missed a few updates (which, with two years of not playing is totally possible) but is there any point to doing Conquests ? Like, do they give anything better now when compared to two years ago ?

I did the chievos when they got first released and haven't followed this part of the game since, so apologies for the dumb question. :confused:

I may have missed a few updates (which, with two years of not playing is totally possible) but is there any point to doing Conquests ? Like, do they give anything better now when compared to two years ago ?

I did the chievos when they got first released and haven't followed this part of the game since, so apologies for the dumb question. :confused:

In my case it's sheer boredom. It gives something. I've got as close to bis gear as I'm going to (considering my opinions on amplifiers and the new augments), I'm no Nimer, and pvp counts toward cq.

As for the time commitment, I usually have 2-3 days to go very heavy in game. The week in question I had 4 days of 4-8 hours to go at toon capping.

Tldr what is there to do thats not cq

Edited by KendraP

In my case it's sheer boredom. It gives something. I've got as close to bis gear as I'm going to (considering my opinions on amplifiers and the new augments), I'm no Nimer, and pvp counts toward cq.

As for the time commitment, I usually have 2-3 days to go very heavy in game. The week in question I had 4 days of 4-8 hours to go at toon capping.

Tldr what is there to do thats not cq

Eh, my thoughts exactly for the TL;DR then. I remember back around 5.X when the only thing we could really do with my girlfriend was to level up alts in lowbie pvp. This was fun in its own right, but I take it that this isn't even possible anymore.

Or maybe, this I understand too much, there goes a point when leveling alts isn't fun anymore.

Back in the days there used to be nice roleplayers as well here and there. All of them went missing since. :(

But we're drifting on other topics I think right now. Maybe we'll continue the chat in pm, but we should at least get back on track here. :rak_03:

Mid range planet gives you 300 tech frags (its 400 for large planets) per lvl 75 character you get through, plus gold gear box, jawa junk and about 200k credits.

That doesn’t include your personal CQ per character that gets 100k credits, some tech frags and other junk.

Plus it’s something to do in the game or something to strive for each week if you’ve done everything and your favourite pass time (pvp) is no longer fun since last years changes p.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Plus it’s something to do in the game or something to strive for each week if you’ve done everything and your favourite pass time (pvp) is no longer fun since last years changes p.

Wouldn't it be incredible if the game gave you something else to do... Maybe like :

Weekly currency cap to buy gear, earned with raids or master mode flashpoints. (Weekly cap is to prevent players from gearing too fast, so you have time to develop content while players are busy gearing over the course of 7-8 weeks, this avoids RnG gearing.)

Actual crafting, which could involve housing decorations and/or cosmetic gear, mounts even.

Treasure maps, hidden chests. Stuff to make you search around on planets, with a chest reward that gives crafting materials for the above mentionned crafting recipes. Maybe give it a random chance to award credits when opening as well. If you don't want players to farm these too quickly, make it so players can't farm more than one per day. Maybe still tradable on GTN ?

You want grinding ? Well then, add legendary weapons ? Weapons that needs an awfull lot of grinding, be it currency, materials, whatever you can find, daily quests... The goal isn't specifically to have a BiS weapon that will surpass any other weapon in-game, but to have a good-looking weapon with shiny VFX, like the Gree event one or else, while being at current item-level with decent stats.

You want hardcore high level PvE ? Add something like an Unreal fight. Make this a single, long fight themed around an old raid. Make it absurdly difficult, why not. As long as one group clears it before you release anything else it's fine. Add super fancy weapons/armor as a unique reward to it, as well as flair and titles, just like ranked pvp.

New raids, or even new unique fights like the Rakghoul event one, or the Queen one. If they are unique fights instead of a whole raid, you have plenty more opportunity to make them extra pretty/optimized and give them good mechanics. Something to give us a reason to grind gear.

Or y'know, just upscale content to 75 so you don't have to work on the cool ideas above. :rak_03:

Then you'd end up with an issue similar to 5.0, with gear having so, so, so much stats in the end that it would just be silly. Because you can't obviously hard cap stats if you want to indefinitely increase item level, otherwise there comes a point where it's useless to farm them. On the other side, if you don't hardcap them, or even softcap (which could be reached really easily before) you'd end up with dumb 80% crit chance build, with 30% alacrity by default. That's... Not good either for the health of a game, imo.

This makes no sense. The tiers still keep coming as the game is now, so my suggestion won't make a difference in that respect.

You may not realise it but Onslaught also had a gear stat downgrade. With Ossus gear you could easily get to 50% crit rating and now it's a lot less with BiS gear. And they added hard capped stats now because they didn't raise the older content to 75.

What I propose is about levels while maintaining what gear is doing NOW in the game. It's not different in that respect. What is different is that players don't need to level endlessly for the sake of leveling.

Edited by Tsillah

You may not realise it but Onslaught also had a gear stat downgrade. With Ossus gear you could easily get to 50% crit rating and now it's a lot less with BiS gear. And they added hard capped stats now because they didn't raise the older content to 75..

If you really wanna get deep into this, the interest of adding a new level cap isn't purely to add new skills. Stats weren't nerfed with the release of 6.0 (except with augments, iirc, because they removed actual stats from them). Here's what usually happens whenever you gain a new level cap.

In theory, stats reacts differently depending on the level of your character. This is to avoid the issue mentionned above. In fact, you can see it clearly if you gear a lvl 70 character with what BiS was used at the time of 5.X

If you keep the same gear on but level up to 75, you'll notice that while you have the same number of stats (let's take the hypotetical value of maybe 2000 crit), the values they provide will drastically change (whatever was needed to get to 45% crit chance at lvl 70 will now only provide about 30-35% crit chance at lvl 75).

This is always, always the case on MMOs whenever they include a new level cap.

Fun fact, this was an issue on some class on Final Fantasy 14 when they released their previous expansion. The bard used DoTs crit to proc every effect it had. So while it had BiS with high crit from the last expansion, as soon as it gained one level into the new expansion, stat calculation suddenly made crit give way less crit%, drastically nerfing its damage.

Hence, why I pointed out that not increasing level cap while only releasing higher, and higher, higher ilvl tiers indefinitely would require developpers to nerf the way stats are calculated in the long run. Which, imo and in what I assume should be the "ideal" game design logic (on my standards, don't take this too seriously), should be avoided if possible, because that's essentially nerfing what players achieved in the long run. It feels bad. Players are here to play a game, not to feel bad. :D

Ideally they would go back to the old days.

Every expac adds a suite of new FPS and 4 raids release over the course of the year. Instead right now they’ve just thrown the towel in and put all the effort into cosmetic sets. Don’t get me wrong some of those sets are great but when you pay to sub and 95% of the new content is additional cosmetics that cost over and above the sub, it’s just starting to feel like a piss take.

More content = more players.

Failing all of that, and I have no faith the above will ever happen while EA is in anyway connected to this game.

Scale the content for the current level, this should have been done on 6.0 launch day, you obviously knew you wouldn’t be adding much content.

Right now its really counter productive because getting a group for Dxun is very very few and far between and almost every time objective meridian pops everyone quits. All that happens is the same ****, people endlessly spamming EV/KP/HS, I completed these raids and this FP on HM/NiM in many many years ago its time for something new BioWare.

Edited by RTCBrad

Player's who have subbed in the past have already paid for these FP's and OPs so there should be level 70 (well in-fact going all the way back to level 60) Making additional harder level 75 is ok as long as level 70 is not removed. I do agree that there should be a level 75 as well for present subs.

If you really wanna get deep into this, the interest of adding a new level cap isn't purely to add new skills. Stats weren't nerfed with the release of 6.0 (except with augments, iirc, because they removed actual stats from them). Here's what usually happens whenever you gain a new level cap.

In theory, stats reacts differently depending on the level of your character. This is to avoid the issue mentionned above. In fact, you can see it clearly if you gear a lvl 70 character with what BiS was used at the time of 5.X

If you keep the same gear on but level up to 75, you'll notice that while you have the same number of stats (let's take the hypotetical value of maybe 2000 crit), the values they provide will drastically change (whatever was needed to get to 45% crit chance at lvl 70 will now only provide about 30-35% crit chance at lvl 75).

This is always, always the case on MMOs whenever they include a new level cap.

Fun fact, this was an issue on some class on Final Fantasy 14 when they released their previous expansion. The bard used DoTs crit to proc every effect it had. So while it had BiS with high crit from the last expansion, as soon as it gained one level into the new expansion, stat calculation suddenly made crit give way less crit%, drastically nerfing its damage.

Hence, why I pointed out that not increasing level cap while only releasing higher, and higher, higher ilvl tiers indefinitely would require developpers to nerf the way stats are calculated in the long run. Which, imo and in what I assume should be the "ideal" game design logic (on my standards, don't take this too seriously), should be avoided if possible, because that's essentially nerfing what players achieved in the long run. It feels bad. Players are here to play a game, not to feel bad. :D

The bad feeling still remains with 4.0 and 6.0 as described. With 4.0 they openly discussed the stat squash and that got a reaction and with 6.0 they didn't discuss it and so nobody really cried out about it. Those people who did notice just shrugged and knew it was business as usual.

But no matter how you twist it, you do have to squash stats or endlessly increase them. Neither is ideal but neither requires levels to accomplish it. The concept where you gain level 71 and suddenly you are subject to a new stat calculation can be achieved in various other ways. And how is this not nerfing characters?

It could also simply be done with a quest where you open new tiers of gear and completion of said quest accomplishes that recalculation. This is why I added "epic levels" to accomplish this. Also new content could add a negative to stats which new gear is impervious to etc. etc. so getting that new gear is something players would want because they need to survive in the new content.

How does recalculating stats via adding levels not make players "feel bad". Because getting higher in level effectively nerfs your character in that scenario. That's basically what 6.0 did.

That's the contradiction I see in what you explain here. And it still isn't making a good case for adding levels. I mean the leveling experience should be meaningful but we have tons of levels now that are superfluous. They are just there for the sake of levels. Look at WoW and what they did with their last expansions. They went back to the original level cap (from 120 to 60). Because at some point they realised that adding more and more levels was just not fun for a lot of people, especially new ones. And they also said that they wanted levels to mean something, so each level makes a difference to your character. And that's what I'm hoping happens here.

You forgot = way more money that needs to be dumped into the game with a very uncertain return of investment.

EA has no interest to spend that much money on the game anymore, because they gave up measuring success on the basis of subscriber numbers and trying to compete with the other big MMORPGs in that regard a very long time ago. This happened even before KOTFE came out and around the time that they switched over to the F2P business model with a much stronger focus on the Cartel Market. KOTFE and KOTET definitely was the last straw for them demonstrating that big investment with shiny trailers and lots of publicity does not work anymore for this game with its severe technical limitations and a gaming world brimming with (better) alternatives.

Edited by Phazonfreak

You forgot = way more money that needs to be dumped into the game with a very uncertain return of investment.

EA has no interest to spend that much money on the game anymore, because they gave up measuring success on the basis of subscriber numbers and trying to compete with the other big MMORPGs in that regard a very long time ago. This happened even before KOTFE came out and around the time that they switched over to the F2P business model with a much stronger focus on the Cartel Market. KOTFE and KOTET definitely was the last straw for them demonstrating that big investment with shiny trailers and lots of publicity does not work anymore for this game with its severe technical limitations and a gaming world brimming with (better) alternatives.

That’s just not true, ESO was crap for years after release - it didn’t start picking until Morrowind when they started putting real effort into the new content.

KOTFE and KOTET while entertaining, were an exercise in misunderstanding how MMO’s work, they need multiplayer elements it is a non-negotiable requirement. To release 2 entirely single player expansions to a purely multiplayer game was stupid.

All it needs is the right content and it will thrive, with the right content more players, more subs, more money, quicker fixes for all the bugs, bigger team etc etc.

One thing is guaranteed minimum effort = minimum reward. This game deserves better than it has got in recent years.

That’s just not true, ESO was crap for years after release - it didn’t start picking until Morrowind when they started putting real effort into the new content.

Same with FF14 and other games, but that is not the point. The point is that EA does not want to spend the money to add the "right" content to the game, because they don't need to.

Subscriber numbers are a very minor concern and if they can make enough money with the Cartel Market to make a small profit with minimal effort it's enough for them. Especially since adding the content you are talking about requires a lot of work in comparison, because the engine is not well suited for it and breaks with everything they try to add or change.

Edited by Phazonfreak

You seem to think that's what EA/BW want. They want enough players they can milk with the CM. They don't really want more players but they want to make more money.

So the calculation is what the minimum amount of content is that they can get away with and for the rest focus on CM releases.

Also more content doesn't always equal more players. An MMO needs something that makes people come back to the game and continue playing. Not just come back every year and play through the newest content and then leave again. The content has to be of a certain quality and makes people want to renew their subs. Not sub once a year and then unsub again.

Also more content doesn't always equal more players. An MMO needs something that makes people come back to the game and continue playing. Not just come back every year and play through the newest content and then leave again. The content has to be of a certain quality and makes people want to renew their subs. Not sub once a year and then unsub again.

True that. You need something to make peoples still be engaged in the game no matter what, something to make players still want to play even tho maybe high-end raids aren't their thing.

The "norm" in mmos nowadays is that these things are usually more on the cosmetic side of things. Be it crafting, farming cool cosmetic gear, or housing-related.

Some games like ESO and FF14 do also add seasonal events to the mix, with often unique rewards (not recycled rewards like we have here on swtor, were Gree rewards are the same since release).

Some games even have "endless" or "grinding" content. I recall that from FF14 and more recently WoW/Shadowlands with some randomized dungeons with a certain number of floor to clear before making the difficulty go higher everytime. Rewards are usually, as well, cosmetics. Think like, gear, or even in some games, hairstyles (when you don't need to pay 4$ to change your hairstyle).

Point is. Those games have kept a relatively healthy playerbase by adding content regularly. This doesn't prevent cash shop profits to be honest. Like... ESO has some ridiculous prices for some housing locations, going as far as 30 to 40$ just to buy the place. But there is still either enough fun content to keep players here, or these games release content quick enough for players not to get bored. And that's what we currently lack. Content in the first place, but content that's fun as well. Which is why I doubt that upscaling uprisings will even work. These aren't fun. :D

On a side note :

How does recalculating stats via adding levels not make players "feel bad". Because getting higher in level effectively nerfs your character in that scenario. That's basically what 6.0 did.

That's the contradiction I see in what you explain here. And it still isn't making a good case for adding levels.

While you technically nerf the importance of secondary stats earned when leveling up, you also buff primary stats, like power, HP, accuracy against stronger monsters, evasion chance against lower level ennemies... Basically, in the end while you still end up with less crit, or alacrity than in the last expansion while leveling up, your character is still technically stronger because it does hit harder by default, and can withstand more blows. Still, I should test this out on swtor, because I don't think it's really the case to be honest. But I have definitely seen this on other games like FF14, with simply getting from 70 to 80 while wearing the same gear gave me more HP, made me hit harder and gave me more abilities. Which is something to note as well :

Adding a level cap isn't always a good reason to add new abilities. You shouldn't add new skill just for the sake of adding new skills. Bioware did this with 6.0 Sin, giving them an extra useless skill (cone AoE, doesn't synergize with ANY spec, has a super long cooldown to simply slow players, while a utility already does the same with the basic aoe) and it didn't turn great. Abilities should be added if and only if your class can "evolve" with the addition of this new skill. It has to bring something to the table AND be relevant/synergize with your previous moveset.

But that's just my opinion and I may be drifting out of topic again. :)

While you technically nerf the importance of secondary stats earned when leveling up, you also buff primary stats, like power, HP, accuracy against stronger monsters, evasion chance against lower level ennemies... Basically, in the end while you still end up with less crit, or alacrity than in the last expansion while leveling up, your character is still technically stronger because it does hit harder by default, and can withstand more blows. Still, I should test this out on swtor, because I don't think it's really the case to be honest. But I have definitely seen this on other games like FF14, with simply getting from 70 to 80 while wearing the same gear gave me more HP, made me hit harder and gave me more abilities. Which is something to note as well :

Well more primary stats is not so interesting when they are hard capped again for most of the content. So that's still not very satisfying to me. Especially since relics, stims and adrenals that give boosts to those stats also have become useless in that content. So overall it still feels like a nerf to me.

Adding a level cap isn't always a good reason to add new abilities. You shouldn't add new skill just for the sake of adding new skills. Bioware did this with 6.0 Sin, giving them an extra useless skill (cone AoE, doesn't synergize with ANY spec, has a super long cooldown to simply slow players, while a utility already does the same with the basic aoe) and it didn't turn great. Abilities should be added if and only if your class can "evolve" with the addition of this new skill. It has to bring something to the table AND be relevant/synergize with your previous moveset.

But that's just my opinion and I may be drifting out of topic again. :)

Well, new skills are not always a good reason to add new levels, I agree. But you're turning something around which is not correct. My point is that adding levels for the sake of levels is useless and adds to the drag of the leveling experience. To me every level should be adding something new. That makes that level have a point.

Well more primary stats is not so interesting when they are hard capped again for most of the content. So that's still not very satisfying to me. Especially since relics, stims and adrenals that give boosts to those stats also have become useless in that content. So overall it still feels like a nerf to me.

And we're back to the beginning of the circular argument: scale all endgame content to max level

IIRC, the devs attempted to downscale raiders and operations to their OG level, but it didn't go well. I think this is because they didn't take things into account like new abilities and such.

If they could find some magical formula/algorithm/whatever to downscale players appropriately, I think both the devs and player base would be happy.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

IIRC, the devs attempted to downscale raiders and operations to their OG level, but it didn't go well. I think this is because they didn't take things into account like new abilities and such.

If they could find some magical formula/algorithm/whatever to downscale players appropriately, I think both the devs and player base would be happy.

One of the things BW would need to do, is if you go into EV for example. Any ability that you would get after level 50, you no longer get to use while in the Operation. Including Utilities, and in the skill tree. Otherwise you would always be more powerful when scaled down.

Edited by Toraak

I wouldnt be happy with this unless we simultaneously got at least 5 endgame max level ops, of which at least 2 were the difficulty level of EV/KP

Oh and I forgot FPs but a bunch of those too, of which at least one is a max level equivalent of HS

My point is I want an easily puggable max level endgame

Edited by KendraP

Well, new skills are not always a good reason to add new levels, I agree. But you're turning something around which is not correct. My point is that adding levels for the sake of levels is useless and adds to the drag of the leveling experience. To me every level should be adding something new. That makes that level have a point.

For the first part, we agree that regarding Bioware's way of handling things currently, then adding more primary stats definitely doesn't benefit us in any way. On this we're on the same page. Still, other games manage to do this fine, so I'm sure there is a way for them to understand that their current system isn't the best.

And for the second part we agree as well. I was really disappointed to log onto my char at lvl 70 to see that I had to earn back my last utility point, as they chose to spread them even more as opposed to adding new passives/abilities. This was disappointing, and I truly hope they don't do the same thing next time.

One of the things BW would need to do, is if you go into EV for example. Any ability that you would get after level 50, you no longer get to use while in the Operation. Including Utilities, and in the skill tree. Otherwise you would always be more powerful when scaled down.

This wouldn't work because with each new level cap, they made sure to stretch passives/utility points more and more. Meaning that while at lvl 65 we had a complete rotation with all of our utility points, they made sure to spread utility points even more when leveling to 70. So if you'd be entirely upscaled back to 65, you'd be effectively nerfed.

Your idea works well if they make sure that each expansion/level cap adds something new and meaningfull while not nerfing the old level cap. Sadly this isn't the case on swtor, so it would need an entire rework of the leveling experience for this to be a viable (and good) option. :(