What would you like to see in the next expansion?

Jett-Rinn

Can you give me an example of what you actually mean? I only got through the first expansion content before quitting FFXIV, and I didn't see what you're talking about now.

I'm not talking about anything in FF14. I was using it as a reference because it was a game that was in a state that people are/were unsatisfied with & then it had a massive rework that completely turned the game around.

Things like the Legacy System & the Renown System are things that feed into the game across nearly all content. There is an ecosystem of sorts at play with them. Both have problems though, but they're able to touch a lot of the game's content.

The game has a lot of existing content that doesn't get a lot of use beyond a certain point. For example Ord Mantell, the starter planet for the Trooper/Smuggler. It's not really used for anything other than being a starter planet. What more could be done with it? Could there be dalies, group content, etc, for players at max level for that location? Could those features feed into some sort of progression like Lecgacy/Renown or something new? Now apply that thought process across all the game's planets/locations. Could something you're doing on Ord Mantell benefit something you're doing on Belsavis or vice versa.

If you were working on the game & somebody said we're giving you X millions of dollars to work with but the catch is you can't generate any new art assets (textures, character models, locations, etc) what would you do? You'd have to get pretty creative right?

Most things people suggest require generating things like new art assets, but what would you do if you didn't have that option? Obviously the dev team can generate new art assets & generally need to for all new content, but the point I'm making is to try and force yourself to think about things you wouldn't normally think about or suggest when the sky is the limit in terms of options.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In eight years they could have done a lotto make this game even more than it is. Adding planets could have been the main focus of the story and a good way to keep people always coming back.

28 planets in the main parts 9 or 10 in flash points.

Had they released a planet every 3 months we could have so many more planets to explore. 16 original planets plus another 24 that would make 40+ planet just think of 10+ more planets to explore or go to how different your trip to the top could be by the time Onslaught happens.

Instead of Ilum you could have gone to Kashyyyk, Mandalore, the ruin of Malcore, Peragus station, Telos IV, Iridonia, Kessel in its prime as a mining colony before it was a spice world. So many planets could have been used and added without ever having an expansion. The universe of Swtor could be so much bigger.

So that is my recomindation to have a planet added every so many months with about twenty or so quest to do.

While that would be cool I don't think any game could pump out content at that rate. Not even WoW at it's most successful point was able to generate content to that degree.

The more different the planet is visually from anything we've seen the longer it's going to take to generate new art assets. On top of that you have to set up quest markers, script triggers, animate cutscenes, write scripts, record dialogue, etc.

I don't feel like SWTOR is really lacking in planets/locations. Also, If they're just pumping out planets at that rate is it just going to keep feeling like the same thing over & over again? For example is it worth pumping out planets like that if all the quests on them are just going to be "Kill 10 of these & Collect 5 of those"?

Edited by Darth-Obvious

Vanilla romances

LI daily repeatable quests with rotating romance dialogue

LI dates

Theron wedding (we dont even know if they are married yet!)

Companiom loyalty missions

It would be great to actually get a wedding for a couple of characters.

You don't actually get to marry Vector in the class story. At least for me it was more of an unofficial marriage due to line of work thing, It would be nice to make it official now that the agent's situation is so different.

Rather than getting new planets I'd like to see us return to old planets. Add new sections, a la Black Hole/Section X.

I could get behind this. I also want to see love interests integrated better into the stories, and want to see them continue engine improvements. And for the love, fix crafting!

It would be great to actually get a wedding for a couple of characters.

You don't actually get to marry Vector in the class story. At least for me it was more of an unofficial marriage due to line of work thing, It would be nice to make it official now that the agent's situation is so different.

Absolutely for any that missed one in vanilla for sure.

And after everything a vow renewal for others could be sweet to.

And for the love of... whatever... it would be nice if in banter with other companions our romances are mentioned ! The only times I ever recall is Satele in the odessen wilds if you romance Theron and Lana on Umbara for the same romance.

Edited by Suzsi

Vanilla romances

LI daily repeatable quests with rotating romance dialogue

LI dates

Theron wedding (we dont even know if they are married yet!)

Companion loyalty missions

Would love all of that, especially the Theron wedding, as i don't consider them to be married yet.

how about planet story ? I think thats what's missing from new planet.

They pepper some side quest here and there which are the daily, and you get to play the main story with your character.

But no planet story, which would be interesting .

I think they stopped doing that on Yavin 4 ?

It just story planet would keep you on said planet, and then you do the heroic...and daily or whatever .

More interaction with our Vanilla companions, i love Lana and Theron but they've gotten enough screen time.

I would like ^.

Also how about cleaning up Taris a bit, (or blow it up). They haven't reclaimed a thing in 8 years.

I'd also like the char select screen to be a bit nicer. Sortable, maybe 2 lists Imp / Pub or Male /Female or Melee / DPS (your choice) and then let their positions stay static (if you choose) rather than last used to the top.

Option for sorcerers to keep lightsaber sheathed in combat

Saved quick bars for each discipline

Vaylin

Epic story fitting someone who ruled galaxy recently (brawl over random facility isnt)

Edited by Eanke

I thought one of the female companions should have reappeared with a young child, yours born while you were in carbonite.

I knew it wouldn't happen of course.

Why would they do that though ?

Especially if your character is female and never romanced said female companion, that'd be pretty silly for that female to come back with a child and pretend it's yours :confused:

What would you like to see in the next expansion?

I'm keying off the words "next expansion" which means the full release of 7.0, not point-release fixes to 6.x

Hi-Rez optional DLC texture options for existing planets, including original class story planets

A branching story rather than a one-size-fits-all-which-makes-no-sense-for-certain-classes story

An Alderaan-sized overland planetary map on whatever planet they craft next, not just a tiny theme park

Permanent preservation of my alliance, not just a suggestion of it at the end of a flashpoint

Faction switching between alliance, imp, and pub

Oddessen stronghold w/deco slots

And the hardest fix for EA to do of all: Beds on the Jedi Defender (only been pointing that out for 6 years now)

Edited by xordevoreaux

Thinking more about minor things I have always wanted to see.

Companions accompanying you while you're traveling in your vehicle dependent on which companion either in your transport or their own.

More ambient music from the films...if the Mandilorian has taught us anything Star Wars without the John Williams scores detracts heavily from the experience.

The elimination of orbital space ports on planets. Your ship should land directly on the planet, traveling through a giant space station is a unnecessary waste of time.

The ability to customize the interior and exterior of your ship...while it doesn't add anything to game play it would be extremely popular for those of us who wants an extension of strongholds.

A free flight space game...The star fox on rails game just isn't fun, at least give us a Xwing Vs Tie Fighter type game.

I get that none of this will ever happen, but I think it would make the game more engaging.

Some of the things that I'd very much like to see:

- A return to Tython and Korriban, seeing more of those planets in new story content. Especially if they made new daily areas on those planets, so that both new and veteran players can have something to do there.

- More of Dromund Kaas and Coruscant, those are the capital planets of our factions and really should get more screen time. Especially if we went and had a more inward look at our factions, seeing the political intrigues and such on both sides. A daily area on those planets would be neat as well!

- I'd really like to see more KOTOR 1 & 2 planets, like Telos IV, Kashyyyk, Peragus II and of course, Malachor! Like yes, I know it got destroyed at the ending of KOTOR 2, but surely there has to be something left there?

- I'd absolutely love a "game of thrones" on the Empire's side, where the Imperial throne comes to stand vacant and various Darth vie to secure the position of Emperor or Empress of the Sith for themselves.

- LORD CYTHARAT. Yes, I want him back in the story even though he might be dead for some people. Theron, Arcann and a whole lot of others are too but that doesn't stop the storytellers from creating content for them. Especially, I want to continue my romance with Lord Cytharat.

- LORD CYTHARAT. Yes, I want him back in the story even though he might be dead for some people. Theron, Arcann and a whole lot of others are too but that doesn't stop the storytellers from creating content for them. Especially, I want to continue my romance with Lord Cytharat.

This please, i really liked him and would be really happy to see him again as i did not let him die on Makeb

This please, i really liked him and would be really happy to see him again as i did not let him die on Makeb

Same here, especially since I romanced him and had hoped for a more elaborate romance with him later on. Yet despite the fact I had saved him, he never reappeared in the story. I would really love for it to see Cytharat back!

Same here, especially since I romanced him and had hoped for a more elaborate romance with him later on. Yet despite the fact I had saved him, he never reappeared in the story. I would really love for it to see Cytharat back!

Same, i started a romance with my main SI and they pretty much promised to meet again later and never did, which is sad.

Hmmm ... time for the colours!

Old Planets

* Can we revisit old planets (I.E. Balmorra, Taris, Korriban etc.) through new areas? Like Section X for Belsavis or Black Hole for Corellia?

New Planets

Dathomir! Dathomir! Dathomir!

Darth Malora

* I invited her into the Alliance! Can she come and work for me? :)

Side stories for companions

* Can we have side missions for some of the companions?

Legacy Companion Terminal

* Can we have a ability or legacy unlock to claim the other companions for 'X' class? (I.E. Ashara for Knights)

Dread Master Helmets

* Can we have the other Dread Master helmets for our characters?

Strongholds

*Starship, Zakuul, Copero, Odessen, Ossus, Oricon, Star Fortress Stronghold? :) Pretty please.

Vaylin

* Let me throw her into a bacta tank! :)

Manta Landspeeders Colours

* I like this speeder, can we have more of these in various colours? Green, Purple, Orange? :)

It's a shame this game gives us 2 Revan stories, Dantooine, Korriban, Manaan, etc, but no Kashyyyk. That planet was epic in Kotor 1. The wookiee lore. Exploring from the highest tree tops to the forest floor. 3 way battles with Czerka, the Empire and Republic. Great place for a stronghold. All kinds of missed opportunities there.