Partial Alacrity / GCD Chart - In Progress - Will Eventually Put On My Website

orig_mrrabbit

Just finished leveling and gearing and testing my Arsenal Merc:

Mercenary - Arsenal

1444 Alacrity Points

5.6 /s Heat Dissapation

1.3996 Raw GCD Result

Actual GCD = 1.4 /s

This toon has probably only a few alacrity points beyond that which is needed to meet the 1.4 GCD threshold.

=8-)

Criticizing your methodology isn’t a straw man argument, it’s called peer review, and it’s the basis for all modern research papers.

I’m not misrepresenting anything, I’m interpreting your data in the context of other relevant research and coming to a conclusion.

To me it seems that OP simply misinterprets strawman arguments with the disagreeing ones.

Especially when the disagreeing ones are based on mathematics, which he calls kool aid or voodoo.

Edited by black_pyros

since all healers have casts and channels i would hope they arent assuming everything is a gcd, sicne that is all that people are talking about when they are talking alacrity breakpoints.

i would be interested in diagnostic scan activations as a function of alacrity, as well as kolto pack, to see if there is any sort of rounding there. then you would want to optimize alacrity by seeing what fraction of your "rotation" (also not a thing for healers) is gcd vs. cast based and use something between the breakpoints (although if you are at a breakpoint you technically dont waste any alacrity for any portion of your rotation).

Diagnostic Scan has a base channel of 3 ticks over 3 seconds, but Medicine Operatives get the Patient Studies passive which reduces it to three ticks over 2.1 seconds.

The short story is that there is no level of alacrity percentage that you can get all three ticks of DS completed in one GCD, even popping stim boost.

However, it is pretty easy to get two ticks of it in at any level of alacrity, 0-15.39%, because two ticks will always be shorter than the GCD at any of the usual GCD breakpoints.

By Kolto Pack I presume you meant Kolto Infusion, the one that uses up a TA and is available to all operatives even non-medicine?

Assuming that, the short story is that KI can always be casted within a GCD at the usual breakpoints. However, unlike WM and HT for sages, popping Stim Boost before KI does not speed you up fast enough to gain KI back a GCD sooner ... it will still take six GCDs to be back off cooldown no matter what GCD you are going for. 10% is just not enough. Its not even possible even if you popped an Alacrity adrenal because you'd need so much alacrity rating (nearly 6800) to have a high enough alacrity percentage under stim boost to stay under the breakpoint for 1.1s GCD and still get KI back one GCD sooner.

Mercenary - Arsenal

1444 Alacrity Points

5.6 /s Heat Dissapation

1.3996 Raw GCD Result

Actual GCD = 1.4 /s

This toon has probably only a few alacrity points beyond that which is needed to meet the 1.4 GCD threshold.

=8-)

Thanks for this. Do you find the class still performs on par with other DPS in WZs, I am curious your experience with it I haven't have a chance to log in and play last few days.

Thanks for this. Do you find the class still performs on par with other DPS in WZs, I am curious your experience with it I haven't have a chance to log in and play last few days.

I'm primarily PVE.

On the rare occasions I do PVP, it's regular warzones.

I'll go on my Sorc healers or my Marksmanship Sniper.

=8-|

As an added note:

Many guild flagships have the perk activated that provides a 5% alacrity bonus for story, SM and HM content.

It cancels upon entering a warzone or a Master Mode OP or Flashpoint.

The results I post for each Class/Spec are free of this - I'm testing the base character.

However the Sorcerer Healer I been testing does has the 2% Alacrity bonus from BiS gear set.

=8-|

This information applies for only the three specs listed below. I do not entertain, nor support the "Magic Number" Kool Aid or Religion that so many people seem to practice while ignoring the test dummy on their own personal starship.

Test Parameters:

1. Test Dummy on Personal Starship

2. Starparse activated - "Parse" button only.

3. Instant Cast - No Cost - Spammable Ability

4. Micro Spam Mouse Button OR Micro Spam Key

5. Count 40 Activations - STOP

(Last Activation Timestamp) / (40 Activations - 1 Activation) = Raw GCD

The Three I Have So Far:

Powertech - Pyrotech <--- Correction and Update

2038 Alacrity Points

5.6 /s Heat Dissapation Rate

1.38 GCD Raw GCD Result (Good indication this toon has 10-15 points beyond what is needed.)

Actual GCD = 1.4 /s

Sorcerer - Corruption

2577 Alacrity Points

9.1 /s Force Regen Rate

1.3983 Raw GCD Result

Actual GCD = 1.4 /s

Mercenary - Bodyguard

2313 Alacrity Points

5.6 /s Heat Dissapation Rate

1.3988 Raw GCD Result

Actual GCD = 1.4 /s

Again, my chart is a work in progress . . . I'll be posting it soon on my website . . . and linking it for interested folks in Fleet Chat on occasion.

=8-)

Sorry for dumb question can you write all three alacrity tiers for arsenal and non-alacrity classes? the exact numbers i mean... for 1.4 and and 1.3

is this correct?

https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/ab7e66e89b3ea151fa551c34605918e6-png.jpg

Edited by bladech

Sorry for dumb question can you write all three alacrity tiers for arsenal and non-alacrity classes? the exact numbers i mean... for 1.4 and and 1.3

is this correct?

https://i.gyazo.com/thumb/1200/ab7e66e89b3ea151fa551c34605918e6-png.jpg

I'm only reporting where my toons are at now. Would like to show 1.3 GCD tiers, but with a low level toon, the amount of critical rating left is abysmal.

Probably won't do it until 300-306 gear rating.

=8-(

So for my latest update:

My sin tank - the "light tank" that I do a lot of experimenting with.

Sith Assassin - Darkness

0 Alacrity Points

10.4 /s Force Regen Rate

1.5272 Raw GCD Result

Actual GCD = 1.6 /s

874 Alacrity Points

11.0 /s Force Regen Rate

1.4971 Raw GCD Result

Actual GCD = 1.5 /s

=8-)

So for my latest update:

My sin tank - the "light tank" that I do a lot of experimenting with.

Sith Assassin - Darkness

0 Alacrity Points

10.4 /s Force Regen Rate

1.5272 Raw GCD Result

Actual GCD = 1.6 /s

874 Alacrity Points

11.0 /s Force Regen Rate

1.4971 Raw GCD Result

Actual GCD = 1.5 /s

=8-)

Wait, are you saying that your tank with no alacrity has 1.6s GCD? You realize that the base GCD in this game is 1.5s and can't be longer than that?

Mercenary - Arsenal

1444 Alacrity Points

5.6 /s Heat Dissapation

1.3996 Raw GCD Result

Actual GCD = 1.4 /s

=8-)

Yeah, a "few". 1444 - 663 (a number determined by real math for 1.4 sec GCD) = 781 too many Alacrity points. So you have more than 2 times greater Alacrity rating than needed.

Edited by Equeliber

Yeah, a "few". 1444 - 663 (a number determined by real math for 1.4 sec GCD) = 781 too many Alacrity points. So you have more than 2 times greater Alacrity rating than needed.

Okay . . .

. . . one more time for you and the previous person AND those who keep arguing where there is none, and again for those who keep tossing around strawmans. (Which is very dishonest by the way...)

1. Stand in front of your personal starship test dummy.

2. Have Starparse up and running in Parse mode only.

3. Micro spam a keyboard key OR micro spam a mouse key for a NO COST INSTANT CAST ability.

4. Count and STOP at 40 activations.

Pull up the "Combat Log" tab in Starparse . . . and scroll down and find the TIMESTAMP for the LAST activation.

The formula is:

( Last Activation Timestamp ) / ( 40 Activations - 1 Activation ) = Raw GCD

And in case you are wondering why we subtract ONE activation - that's because the first activation has no cool down preceding it - it cannot be counted because this is a GCD test - NOT - an activation test.

Also remember that if your guild has the 5% alacrity bonus via a Flagship perk - the alacrity points needed to established a GCD tier on YOUR toon is likely skewed. I've already met a 306 geared Sorcerer Healer who has taken advantage of this for an easy 1.3 GCD without a loss of critical rating.

For those who keep arguing when none is being presented - take your "pissing" contest to another thread please.

=8-|

Edited by orig_mrrabbit

Update:

I've finally updated my website for SWTOR related stuff:

http://www.mrrabbit.net/misc/swtor/swtorinsaneforce.php

But that's mostly guild stuff...to avoid, you can go directly to "The Global Cooldown" page:

http://www.mrrabbit.net/misc/swtor/swtorglobalcooldown.php

I think I'll level my OP Healer next - and since he'll start out at 290 gear, I think I'll be able to easily push him to a 1.3 /s GCD.

I'll bump this page when I do...

=8-)