Gearing in pvp is broken / bugged because it drops gear well below iRating

TrixxieTriss

I have played a weekly of warzones. While my iRating has been between 292 and 300, I have got gear drops in between, therefore I have not encountered the 292 cap yet. I am objetive-oriented player, thus I always get most / lot of medals, but I do not know whether gear drop correlates with objective points or not.

I will report back in a few days time when I reach 306 to see if I encounter the same problem as you do.

I’ve seen zero crates from winning or losing a WZ. The only crates I’ve received from pvp have been from daily and weekly.

Is there any confirmation we are actually meant to get crates from winning or is that a myth people are spreading

I’ve seen zero crates from winning or losing a WZ. The only crates I’ve received from pvp have been from daily and weekly.

Is there any confirmation we are actually meant to get crates from winning or is that a myth people are spreading

I only get crates from wins. They have not been very helpful, but they are there.

Bioware, iRating drops in pvp are bugged or broken. They don’t drop higher or even vertical iRated gear.

Happens in PvE too.

Of all the hundreds of drops I've had from questing, loot boxes and even the vendor on fleet only 5-10% are at iLevel or higher.

90% of stuff is a net loss, and gets shunted to an Alt or deconned for Tech Fragments.

All The Best

Happens in PvE too.

Of all the hundreds of drops I've had from questing, loot boxes and even the vendor on fleet only 5-10% are at iLevel or higher.

90% of stuff is a net loss, and gets shunted to an Alt or deconned for Tech Fragments.

All The Best

Yep, but at least you can get the gear drops in pve and be able to deconstruct and maybe use the vendor. That doesn’t even happen in pvp or if it does, the amount of gear is so tiny, that I did a double take and thought the game had bugged out when I started to pvp after gearing.

I fully geared to 306 iRating running flashpoints. I know from experience that running vet by yourself will likely give you higher stat gear than running vet with another person. And running master mode will give you mostly 306 gear.

So it seems that Bioware have it set up that if you don’t play the hardest pve content, you won’t get the gear drops to lvl up as fast. And if you only pvp, you’ll be lucky to gear up by March next year.

Happens in PvE too.

All The Best

Really? I rarely used random roll vendor to get pieces/mods but the few times I did use it, I did get higher or same ilevel gear as I was. I don't do planetary dailies but I'll have to go and check those to see some results for those myself.

Maybe it's just the blue boxes that are giving low level gear, all purple and gold reward boxes seem to work fine for me. My pvp box loot is extremely random, it can vary from one 290 mod to full 306moddable pieces. I think it's the only activity I currently do that gives blue boxes.

/Edit: Actually, what else even gives blue boxes? I dont see any boxes from pve questing

Edited by Kiesu

I can’t believe Bioware still haven’t acknowledged this bug or told us it’s working as intended.

This is getting ridiculous. Two+ weeks into the expansion and they go silent on all the bugs and issues people are having across the game.

How hard would it be for the community manager to pop in and say “we are aware of this issue and working on a fix”. Or “this is working as intended, suck it up butter cup”.

Their silence is deafening and I’m sure I’m not alone in my frustration which is building to anger. And we know anger leads to the darkside and that leads to suffering. I know before that happens, I’ll be gone again and I’m sure I won’t be alone.

When will they get it that silence drives more people away who won’t come back.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'm getting crates from wz. I cant confirm is it from all wz games or just wins, but I do get them on all of my 75 lvl toons.

To answer on your previous quote, as I've said before, run master fp's with 300+ IR rating players and you'll get 306 gear often as well as tacticals.

I'm getting crates from wz. I cant confirm is it from all wz games or just wins, but I do get them on all of my 75 lvl toons.

To answer on your previous quote, as I've said before, run master fp's with 300+ IR rating players and you'll get 306 gear often as well as tacticals.

I run master mode ones with my wife to gear up 306. I’ve personally geared up, but I made this thread because I’m usually a pvp only player and I want to shine a light on this issue for my fellow pvp brethren.

The pvp gearing is broken and needs fixing. If we don’t speak up and make some noise, they will let it slide and more people leave the game.

I’m going to go do some more pvp today and see if boxes drop this time. I’ll report back on my experience.

This game always be rewarded in PvP, nowdays its not. Actually if they made something good for PvP-rs, not spam 24/7 FP/Ops thats will be good. Dunno why they made something like looter-shooter with Korean random system in casual MMO, dunno its strange, mb they want more online, coz its very bad. But in our case we just drop this game after returning from 2 years break, coz gearing system.

This game always was about fun and casual stuff. You login for relax, not for 2-nd work - it was WoW moslty, but WoW nowdays feels much more casual friendly in gearing therms.

Edited by helpmewin

So it’s not bugged and working as intended when it constantly gives you 292 gear and your total iRating is 306??

Sorry, but that’s absolute rubbish. Of course it’s a bug because that’s not how the iRating system is supposed to work.

Does ranked also have this issue? I know for a fact that ranked boxes drop gear EVERY time (you get them from GSF as well) and I'm pretty sure they give high-level gear as well. May be worth checking out.

If so, let me say I think it's a pretty poor design to give better rewards for arenas rather than objective-based matches (almost laughed there). Some people just don't want to play deathmatches (almost laughed there) and prefer reg maps and 8v8 better. They shouldn't be limited to less than top gear drops because of it.

I'm at 306. Here are a few of my thoughts.

1. Don't bother with pvp for gearing or tech frags. Flashpoints are way faster. The reward difference is drastic.

2. In general, you will get better drops from higher difficulty flashpoints. Going solo, a SM flashpoint will not drop upgrades as often as vet. I've gone through 3-4 runs of SM boarding party without a single upgrade, then finally I'd have a run that drops several. Vet was much harder to solo until I was close to 306, so it's kind of a catch-22: you need that gear to get more consistent gear drops. In the end I just toughed it out through the unlucky runs.

3. If you are kind of on the edge if hitting that next item rating and you have one or two pieces that are holding you back, go upgrade those at the RNG vendor. They almost always give an upgrade and you can target a particular piece.

4. I feel bad for anybody that doesn't play a stealth class in this expansion. I used to main a Mara, but saw the writing on the wall and switch to Deception. I can probably gear at least twice as fast via stealthing past all the trash in flashpoints.

5. Amplifiers, among everything else, are way too expensive. 20k+ for like a 1/20 chance of getting what you want is...I'm sorry, but somebody isn't very smart. Or they are just plain evil. One of the two. Diabolical genius perhaps, I dunno. The result is that amplifiers are for the rich. The rest of us poor pvpers just get to have a significant disadvantage. I can only scratch my head on this one. :confused:

Edited by teclado

Actually it is not only PVP that drops inferior gear at iLevel 306. It is the same for HM FP or GSF as well (including weekly gold crates!). I still believe this is not a bug, simply working as intended .

It’s much worse for pvp than any other content I’ve played (not done GSF).

Hard mode (Veteran mode) Flash points was giving us about 20-30% gear at or above our lvl until a few days ago. Since then I’ve only had 2 x 306 drops in veteran red reaper (doing many runs on multiple Alts) and nothing in vet mode Korriban incursion. Even in master mode red reaper, the 306 drop rate has decreased significantly since the last 2 week.

I’m of the firm belief that Bioware have done a stealth nerf to the iRated drops to slow people’s gearing down from grinding flash points.

But pvp is still the worst and has been since the launch of 6.0. After doing all my matches for the weekly on 3 Alts, I got 1x 306 item and mostly 296, 298, 300, 294 and 302 (in that order). This is while I have an iRating of 306. The biggest insult is then getting all purple items and the same crap tactical in all the weeklies which is a gold crate.

I’ve not gotten any purple gear in any other part of the game since I hit 306 rating. It only happens in pvp and 95% of it is purple gear which is rubbish when you have gold 306 rating.

There is definitely a bug with the pvp gearing if no other part of the game is doing this. Pvpers are getting shafted the worst under this gearing system and the only way they can gear up is to run flash points or grind tech frags to buy gear from the vendor (which is supposed to be a supplemental method and not the main way to gear).

But with what I would describe as a stealth nerf to the iRated gear drops in Red reaper and Korriban incursion in the last few days, gearing for pvpers has just gotten harder again.

This includes both veteran and master mode runs solo and in a pair. I don’t know if it’s changed for group finder or 4 man groups. But it’s extremely noticeable solo and dual.

As I said, since I have become iLevel 306, I experience purple gear and inferior gold gear drops in GSF, HM FP and warzones alike, regardless of victory chests or daily/weekly missions gold boxes. This is not related solely to PVP and I am very certain it is not a bug.

Current gearing system is the stupidest this game has ever seen: overcomplicated, contradictional (Play the way you like) and pseudo-exploitable. RNG along with forcing people into repetative and one-sided gameplay is the epitomy of terrible game design. This development team never ceases to amaze me when it comes to becoming more and more of a ***** (which includes business model). I always think they can not go any further, yet they keep on proving me wrong.

Edited by varietasplus

Pretty much every crate is dropping gear 1 or 2 ranks below your current iLevel. - Which doesn't even make it that attractive for alts, since you want them to be at or close to your main to benefit from the next crate they earn. ( by transferring gear via legacy)

even disintegrating them for TFs is pretty piss poor at 3-4 TFs for each. Thats no more than 274 gear from Grade 10 lockbox TH missions, which you can run 24/7 on any character with TH at rank 600 (IIRC)

Only 1/2 way decent are the drops from conquest and the PVP weekly. most of the rest goes into the grinder.

SMH

I don't see any fix for this in the 6.0.1 patch notes. Surely this is not intended?

Pvp in this game is very fun, and there have been many improvements (with gear and bolster) since the Ossus era, but gear still does have an effect in pvp now, as it gives better stat optimisation. Loot boxes earned from warzones should scale with our gear just like pve lootboxes.

I think it's great that only warzone wins grant lootboxes, as it incentivises objective play, but it doesn't as much if the lootboxes aren't rewarding enough.

Furthermore, I think the Tech Fragment amounts gained from pvp daily and weekly are rather low when compared with those gaine from flashpoints and GSF.

Edited by Neulwen

I don't see any fix for this in the 6.0.1 patch notes. Surely this is not intended?

Pvp in this game is very fun, and there have been many improvements (with gear and bolster) since the Ossus era, but gear still does have an effect in pvp now, as it gives better stat optimisation. Loot boxes earned from warzones should scale with our gear just like pve lootboxes.

I think it's great that only warzone wins grant lootboxes, as it incentivises objective play, but it doesn't as much if the lootboxes aren't rewarding enough.

Furthermore, I think the Tech Fragment amounts gained from pvp daily and weekly are rather low when compared with those gaine from flashpoints and GSF.

I also noticed that about the daily and weekly for pvp and thought that was odd as well. It would be nice to hear something on this as being full 306 and getting pruple gear make pvp gear just noth worth it

Noticed this topic has been completely ignored for patch 6.0.1. Nothing at all in the patch notes and Bioware and especially musco are completely silent. Don’t they know this is driving more people from the game.

What do they need to see for this to get on their radar to be fixed? Does everyone need to stop queuing for pvp for a day, a few days a week or unsub?

It’s just ridiculous that this topic is being completely ignored by Bioware. It’s also ridiculous that this isn’t the only thread regarding legitimate gearing issues. Aka, class toggle not working for set bonus drops for some classes and for a bunch of people who only play one spec of those classes. Which I started a bug thread to put all the threads together to outline this on going problem. Not even a QA droid response, just some fan boi defending Bioware in a bug forum.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971651

BIOWARE, ERIC, COMMUNITY TEAM, KEITH... ANYONE... Wake UP

Stop going AFK, talk to us. At least post a yellow so we know you have seen these concerns.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

• 1 month later...

Not really a bug per say, just a the wrong loot table applied to pvp players. We are still getting 290–298 purple drops for pvp when we are i306 rated.

This does not happen in ANY other part of the game as far as I know.? I’ve certainly not experienced it any where but pvp.

More than 50% of my gear drops from pvp are purple grade down to 292 rating. It’s nit a bug, but it’s also not right.

Pvpers have the slowest gear drops compared to all other group content. They get the least amount of tech frag as well. So when you actually get gear and it’s 12 LvLs lower than you, it’s extremely annoying. It’s why all the hard core pvpers just spam flash point runs because it’s the only way you can gear up properly or in a timely manner,

Sadly, I see casual pvpers, who don’t do flash points, struggling to gear up in pvp for the last 11 weeks. Some haven’t even reached gold tier yet because it won’t drop for them

This also needs to be fixed along with the incorrect discipline set bonus gear dropping for you spec. (And I don’t mean the generic sets).