Why don’t we have Arn Peralun thread? Haters out!

susanitka

I was searching the internet but found almost nothing.

I think he is a hearttaking character because of everything he was put through. Tau is perfect master for him as she also needs to heal, but I wish he was our padawan instead. Arn has depth as he must cope whith his physical injuries, the loss of his master, still immature, inoncent but whith angry issues. Maybe he reaches puberty during the new expansion. Puberty can be difficult time for him. During puberty body and most importantly psyche transforms into that of an adult. He lost this time during the medical treatment and recovery process. I wonder if he will be romancable one day if it is even possible in his current state or I would like to see romance between Lana and Arn. I looking forward to his character development.

Edited by susanitka

I love Arn as a character, and I love the relationship between him and Tau. Two most awkward jedi in the galaxy indeed! :D

Maybe he reaches puberty during the new expansion.

Um I'm pretty sure he's well past puberty... :eek: He was a long time recovering from his injuries, to the point where it's mentioned that he is one of the oldest padawans. And you don't see magnificent beards like those on many pre-pubescent guys. :p He does come across as quite innocent in a lot of ways, but I think that's his overall personality and has nothing to do with his physical maturity.

I wonder if he will be romancable one day if it is even possible in his current state or I would like to see romance between Lana and Arn. I looking forward to his character development.

Lana and Arn isn't something I can see at all, nor Arn and the PC. Feels like there's a substantial gap of age and experience between him and Lana/PC. Romance would feel really unequal (to me). I just want our characters to be able to protect, help, and guide him. And to be honest I'm not generally a fan of padawan romances as a whole! Sure, we had four romanceable female padawans in the base game, but this is not a thing where I'd clamour for some kind of "equality" by adding a romanceable male padawan - and certainly not if it's Arn. For me, there's something inherently creepy about most teacher-student romance. It's more a trend I'd like to see consigned to the bin, in SWTOR, rather than continued in a gender-swapped fashion.

Edited by Estelindis

He was an interesting new addition and I agree I would totally love to have a padawan again but I definitely reject the idea of him as a romance option lol (especially considering he seems to be a severed human head on a robot body).

He was an interesting new addition and I agree I would totally love to have a padawan again but I definitely reject the idea of him as a romance option lol (especially considering he seems to be a severed human head on a robot body).

Mmmm, I can see how that'd be an issue for plenty of people, but for me the no on the romance is solely because I think he's too young and inexperienced (so a romance would feel a bit predatory). I don't think in all cases romance should absolutely be ruled out in cases of physical disability (though I equally appreciate that not all romances will appeal to all people).

Edited by Estelindis

Isn't he an adult? He's the oldest padawan they've had or something like that and he has a goatee, not something you find many teenagers wearing, I think he is supposed to be in his early 20s. Also it looks he has the bottom half of his biological body except for the bottom half of his legs, so he isn't just a head on a robot lol. I have no opinion on whether they should or shouldn't make him a romance in the future at this point, but I do think they need far more diverse romances, as they are mostly all regular humans. Edited by Jesira

Charles mentioned earlier on Twitter that;

With Arn, I held off because I wanted to see folks' reactions to him first. He'll almost certainly become a romance option down the road:)

I like him as a character and I enjoy his story, more so than I enjoyed Tau's to be fair. When she told me of the horrors she'd been through, I just kinda stood there thinking 'wow... that's it? really?', but with Arn I genuinely felt compassionate. I suspect the way in which it was delivered and us witnessing his struggle. I made every effort to bring him and Tau closer together but wouldn't have minded stealing him for myself. I'll only say he does come across a bit immature/young still, might also be his height (I love his model but it looks like they took a full adult form and squashed it a bit, something's off imo but oh well), but otherwise, he seems great. I'm all for an Arn romance though if I have to choose anyone, from Onslaught flirt options, I'm still casting my lot with Jonas first before all others. Guess I've waited for his romance the longest but Arn's a decent pick too.

Edited by JennyFlynn

I made every effort to bring him and Tau closer together but wouldn't have minded stealing him for myself.

I did the same, but if i could i'd have tried to take him from the Jedi and get him in the Alliance instead.

About his age, i don't think he's that young either, he's probably somewhere around 25. That was Obi-Wan's age in TPM and Arn doesn't look younger than him.

As for a possible age gap, we have Khem and Scourge who are at least 300 years older than our PCs so what are 5 to 10 years ? :p

Anyways, if he becomes a romance option, i think i'd go for him on my JC, i think they could be a good match together.

Charles mentioned earlier on Twitter that;

I like him as a character and I enjoy his story, more so than I enjoyed Tau's to be fair. When she told me of the horrors she'd been through, I just kinda stood there thinking 'wow... that's it? really?', but with Arn I genuinely felt compassionate. I suspect the way in which it was delivered and us witnessing his struggle. I made every effort to bring him and Tau closer together but wouldn't have minded stealing him for myself. I'll only say he does come across a bit immature/young still, might also be his height (I love his model but it looks like they took a full adult form and squashed it a bit, something's off imo but oh well), but otherwise, he seems great. I'm all for an Arn romance though if I have to choose anyone, from Onslaught flirt options, I'm still casting my lot with Jonas first before all others. Guess I've waited for his romance the longest but Arn's a decent pick too.

But Jenny, if you have a imperial saboteur you could choose Jonas and save Arn for the Republic characters p.

But Jenny, if you have a imperial saboteur you could choose Jonas and save Arn for the Republic characters p.

That's what I'm doing. ;) Jonas and my Agent need their romance. But neither are a full fledged romance, currently, and I'm saying I'd prefer Jonas before Arn if any of these new flirts evolve to romances.

Arn may work for my Consular. My Knights are too damn busy and my Smuggler would ruin him.

Thank you for your comments. I'm so glad Charles said that. I'd like it to be something like a slow burn. I think Arn is simmilar to our character in many ways. If you play light side JK at least. When we meet Scourge our character is pretty naive according to some options you can choose in the conversations. Later we were carbonized by Arcann and our life was taken from us while our friends were suffering. I think Arn is immature mentálny that can be seen when he meets Lana and she speaks about taking a few drinks. It was funny to see Tau being angry. According to me he is around our character's age. I wanna see him get late puberty feelings because he couldn't get them before and fighting against the tempations of the dark side. I think Arn admire and respect our character as he stated several times. He even chose us over Tau when he was strugling he contacted us. Why? I haven't tried the option to ask him so I don't know what he answers. I would also like to heal his wounds and even restore his torso maybe through the force heal.

We need more story content. How much time it will take to release new flashpoint or something? Half a year?

Charles Boyd indeed mentioned that Arn will become a romance option down the road! I absolutely love the character and think he has an amazing texture model (yes, I have a little crush on him), so I can't wait until we get to romance him!

That said, I do understand Charles' reasoning for choosing not to immediately giving him flirt options. We only just got to meet him and it's wise Charles wanted to see the reaction to Arn first. Luckily, I think it's safe to say that Charles got our message that we do love the character :)

That's what I'm doing. ;) Jonas and my Agent need their romance. But neither are a full fledged romance, currently, and I'm saying I'd prefer Jonas before Arn if any of these new flirts evolve to romances.

Arn may work for my Consular. My Knights are too damn busy and my Smuggler would ruin him.

My Chiss agent has always wanted to be with Saganu since meeting him on Hoth. They had a romance so my first choice for her would be him but my non-Chiss agent would chose Jonas and Arn would fit well with my JC as my knights are always with someone.

Edited by casirabit

I'd only romance him on a character that I started as very young. The JK and Consulars can both fit this description and they AREN'T his teachers, that's Tau's job so there is no issues with crossing that line.

I'd make a character for him.

As for others, I definitely want Jonas. Have since I first met him!

Edited by Suzsi

I like Arn quite well. I don't have a character that would be ready to romance him at the moment, but that would be a good motivation to level one up! I just hope if they make him a companion he is treated like the FE/ET companions where there is a customization that can be removed so his clothes can be changed and he can get a face that is more in keeping with the rest of the game's aesthetics. I hate the hyper-detailed over-exaggerated details the artists are into right now. It's just creepy. I'm still waiting for Niko and Paxton t have that option as well, it's ridiculous that all of the other companions got upgraded, but those two (and the Star Forge companions) are still locked out of cosmetics. Companions are part of Space Barbie damn it!

I absolutely adore Arn, and really hope he does becomes love interest. I can see how some might think he's too young, but I'd say he's definitely an adult. While I wouldn't pair him with all of my characters, I have one or two who would be a good match. I really wanted to steal him away from Tau and bring him into the Alliance. I hope we have the option of bringing him in at some point. I don't intend to go back to the Republic with any of my toons, at least not for the foreseeable future.

But great job with Arn! He's sweet, has an intriguing backstory, and some interesting scenes that make me think he'll have an engaging story line.

• 10 months later...
I'd much rather a seasoned male Jedi as a romancable companion then a 3/4 robot one that seems too young for our now seasoned fighter characters. Preferably one that hasn't killed planets full of people. One that even initiates the flirting and first kisses etc because I'm tired of feeling like the stalker. Not that hard for others to turn them down if they aren't interested / already in a romance etc.

Whilst I would love it if Arn were added as a romance option, to be honest it would just be another late game same-sex/same-gender romance option that leaves the rest of the game devoid of SSR/SSG options.

What I would really love is if they added two new companions, one male and one female, who could join our character in the early game, such as at level 10 on the fleet similarly to Treek, and that would be romanceable. Give these characters some story of their own, some cutscenes, maybe a mission or two where our character could join them. This would be the only way we are ever going to see SSR/SSG romance prior to Hutt Cartel, which are just a few flirts, or SoR, the beginnings of the first true SSR/SSG romances in the game. That is a lot of game to get through without flirt or romance options, and all of the other options are much, much later in the game, which is where Arn would be if added as a romance option.

The male character should be a Force user (there is a serious lack of romanceable male Force users), but they would not necessarily need to be a Jedi or Sith (or even former) as there are a number of Force using cultures in the Universe such as the Matukai, the Jal Shey (they focused more on scholarly pursuits so maybe a failed Neophyte), the Followers of Palawa (who developed a fighting style specifically to combat Force users), or it could even be revealed in Fallen Empire that this Force user is from Zakuul. The female character could be a Force user, but we do have a number of female Force using comps, so I would actually prefer a smuggler or bounty hunter type.

That all said, I do hope that Arn becomes a romance option on the Republic side and Darth Rivix an option on the Imperial side. But I have to wonder how those characters would react to a saboteur.

That all said, I do hope that Arn becomes a romance option on the Republic side and Darth Rivix an option on the Imperial side. But I have to wonder how those characters would react to a saboteur.

I think they'll die in the saboteurs plot. Killing Arn would likely drive Tau insane to the point she'll get herself killed too. I don't know about Rivix, I'm not a fan of Mr 'I'm obviously not a spy'.