6.0 Deception Assassin PvP Gearing + Utilities guide

Jinre_the_Jedi

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's what any sin hits for in regs atm , above 60k if you didn't see that hit it's because you hardly pvp or haven't faced a "decent' sin. But the fact is they are broken this patch and need to be toned down.

60k when our total health is 300k. If you convert it for 150k HP at level 70, that's just 30k damage. Which almost every other class can outdo.

60k when our total health is 300k. If you convert it for 150k HP at level 70, that's just 30k damage. Which almost every other class can outdo.

I changed my position on this after playing my sin and getting set bonus on 2 other toon's and seeing how it all gels together it not that you can hit for 60K it the frequency in which you can do it 3 super crit mauls one at 60% the rest at 30% and followed up by a super crit RS and once combat is reset you restart the cycle with zero downtime and zero resource management sort like 5.0 Fury Maurder. It the death kneel set needs to be nerfed as you remove that and sin is just like everyone else and I know nobody wants to hear this that plays sin as it been second tier DPS for far to long but it currently overtuned and its Bioware second favorite class to nerf beside operative

Edited by Kinsal

I changed my position on this after playing my sin and getting set bonus on 2 other toon's and seeing how it all gels together it not that you can hit for 60K it the frequency in which you can do it 3 super crit mauls one at 60% the rest at 30% and followed up by a super crit RS and once combat is reset you restart the cycle with zero downtime and zero resource management sort like 5.0 Fury Maurder. It the death kneel set needs to be nerfed as you remove that and sin is just like everyone else.

I would much rather wait for everyone to be geared in 2 weeks and see how it is by then once everyone is equal. If its still op by then it can, by all means, be addressed.

I would much rather wait for everyone to be geared in 2 weeks and see how it is by then once everyone is equal. If its still op by then it can, by all means, be addressed.

Its not a people don't have gear issue I have 3 class with set bonus Merc, Sin, Sniper only Sniper can rival sin at the current moment with 3 Laze charges and instant ambush on roll/Holo you use the SIN trick of adding 2 charges before the match so you can get 2 holo tatical and switch to instant ambush on roll/holo as the match starts.(bio ware needs to lock tatical slots like they do utilities) ambush/FT>roll>ambush/FT>Holo>Ambush/FT>you can add target aquired for more burst as every roll/holo is 20% more to your ambush along and instant cast with the supercrit but unlike sin you have down time on how many times you can use ambush in row and laze doesnt reset but you have better better defenses

Anyways dont want to hijack this thread, Im sure people need it for Q/A with the OP as the FOTM's are going to be rolling in for awhile

Edited by Kinsal

Kre'a, do you sense a nerf incoming? Wondering if I should bother investing in my shadow now that my scoundrel is almost geared.

Ill also Krea chime in also. If you think bio-ware designed a class on purpose that can kill in a stun lock while remaining stealth then yeah it wont be nerfed but history has told us it will see also Operative, PT, Sin in games past. It not will it, its a matter of when and how much. Still a fun class and its not hard to get tech frags on a sin if you buckle down its a day of grinding and then you have it to seed your other toon if needed

Edited by Kinsal

I would be under the impression the person he was testing on was geared up as well. Still dropped him from 100-10%, with possibility for 100-0.

Edited by jedcjedcjedc

Fair point. The devs seem to be slow to nerf these days, unless it's broken. So how broken are they? Hmm 🤔

They probably don't need to nerf sins though. I think the burst from their set bonus is probably fine if they were still relatively squishy. They just need to disallow swapping tacticals within a match, or at least within a round of a match.

They probably don't need to nerf sins though. I think the burst from their set bonus is probably fine if they were still relatively squishy. They just need to disallow swapping tacticals within a match, or at least within a round of a match.

Both them and operative are going to be nerfed you can't have them doing that much damage in a Stun lock period.

I have a 306 set bonus sin I wont touch him until after the nerf Oper is going to be that same

Kre'a, do you sense a nerf incoming? Wondering if I should bother investing in my shadow now that my scoundrel is almost geared.

After doing a lot of PvP, the sin opener is strong but there are actually stronger and scarier classes out there. I don't know if a nerf will come or not, but while it feels a little overtuned, after the opener, the sin's damage is pretty mediocre, so I'd say wait a bit and see.

New ability is totally useless. You could use it in place of lacerate if you're gonna hit like 4+ people but otherwise it's not worth it because the hit range of the ability is just garbage.

Priorities after opener (assuming you're using Blade of the Elements): Reaping Strike > Discharge > Maul > Ball Lightning > Voltaic Slash

Cool, thanks Kre’a. That was my assessment too. Glad to see the rotations much the same as well.

That's what any sin hits for in regs atm , above 60k if you didn't see that hit it's because you hardly pvp or haven't faced a "decent' sin. But the fact is they are broken this patch and need to be toned down.

They will need to be careful doing this because they don’t hit that hard in pve.

Yeah, we all know how that works with Bioware :)

Yep, either Nerfed to oblivion for many years or in this case, probably the the remainder of the game.

Or keep them where they are for the remainder of the game.

There is no middle ground for Bioware when it comes to balancing.

Other sins will probably disagree with me on this, but the real issue as I see it is the ability to swap tactical’s mid fight. I don’t think that’s a mechanic that should be allowed in pvp.

They could stop it by making it impossible to swap once a match starts.

I think that would be enough of a nerf for Sins and it wouldn’t affect PvE. That way people would have to choose which tactical’s to equip and it would reduce the perception of Sins being OP.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Did a bit more testing tonight, highly recommend use of the tactical “Awakened Flame”. The tooltip is wrong and the DoT does about 12k damaged per ball lightning and it has 100% uptime: https://i.imgur.com/SeHxXnL.jpg

I also managed to get an 86.4k maul that arena, wonder if that’s the highest one yet.

Also, if you have Chant of Regeneration tactical, you can equip it and then precast Recklessness and then swap it out for another tactical at the start of the arena to benefit from the increased force regen rate during your opener so you aren’t force starved and can do a 2nd opener immediately with one of your cloaks.

You can also use “May cause Injury” tactical (makes Discharge an AoE ability) by precasting Severing Slash before you stealth. This’ll give you a 10 second buff window to use discharge and the discharge will be AoE.

So the opener would be: Chant of Regeneration tactical, precast Recklessness for the force regen buff, swap to May Cause injury and precast severing slash for the AoE discharge buff, Swap to Awakened Flame tactical, Stealth, Spike, Discharge (AoE), Electrocute, Maul, Maul, Maul.

It’s a lot of tactical swapping but swapping them does not use a GCD, so you can do this all instantly.

Edit: scratch that info about May Cause Injury, taking off the tactical removes the buff.

Edited by Jinre_the_Jedi

New ability is totally useless. You could use it in place of lacerate if you're gonna hit like 4+ people but otherwise it's not worth it because the hit range of the ability is just garbage.

Priorities after opener (assuming you're using Blade of the Elements): Reaping Strike > Discharge > Maul > Ball Lightning > Voltaic Slash

New ability is complete trash. I only use it with May Cause Injury tactical for the Discharge spread, otherwise it does not even get used. Lacerate in Deception with the extra crit and multiplier does more damage and has a larger area and is non directional. No reason to use Severing Slash unless with its tactical.

But...

I have a feeling they will nerf the Death Knell set bonus and if they do it right, this may get more use. The +10% melee bonus could become +5% weapon / +5% force damage per stack, for a +15%/+15% at three stacks. If this happened May Cause Injury and Severing Slash would get used more.

Or they could just make Severing Slash worth using on its own and make it better than Lacerate.

New ability is complete trash. I only use it with May Cause Injury tactical for the Discharge spread, otherwise it does not even get used. Lacerate in Deception with the extra crit and multiplier does more damage and has a larger area and is non directional. No reason to use Severing Slash unless with its tactical.

But...

I have a feeling they will nerf the Death Knell set bonus and if they do it right, this may get more use. The +10% melee bonus could become +5% weapon / +5% force damage per stack, for a +15%/+15% at three stacks. If this happened May Cause Injury and Severing Slash would get used more.

Or they could just make Severing Slash worth using on its own and make it better than Lacerate.

I doubt they nerf the Death Knell set but we'll see. But the new ability is pretty garbage, it's too small of a cone to be used reliably and it's also too narrow. You're lucky to even hit one person with it. It's a shame because the Shadow Purger set bonus is actually pretty awesome, but it's limited by this terrible ability.

Yep, either Nerfed to oblivion for many years or in this case, probably the the remainder of the game.

Or keep them where they are for the remainder of the game.

There is no middle ground for Bioware when it comes to balancing.

Other sins will probably disagree with me on this, but the real issue as I see it is the ability to swap tactical’s mid fight. I don’t think that’s a mechanic that should be allowed in pvp.

They could stop it by making it impossible to swap once a match starts.

I think that would be enough of a nerf for Sins and it wouldn’t affect PvE. That way people would have to choose which tactical’s to equip and it would reduce the perception of Sins being OP.

I agree with this. Tatical swapping should be a no go or you could make so just one effect is able to be active at a time and still allow switching. You can just stack way to much damage with them. That being said without tatical switching how much damage can you hit for?

Edited by allexj

I agree with this. Tatical swapping should be a no go or you could make so just one effect is able to be active at a time and still allow switching. You can just stack way to much damage with them. That being said without tatical switching how much damage can you hit for?

I had some fun playing yesterday with the tactical “Luck always changes”.

Your critical increase 1% every second until you crit hit and then it resets.

I found this highly amusing guarding the doors in void Star and having 141% Crit on my first Crit.