6.0 Deception Assassin PvP Gearing + Utilities guide

Jinre_the_Jedi

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, made a video for those interested in playing Deception Assassin and seeing what it can do in PvP.

Enjoy:

Thanks Krea, I will watch your video later when I got time. I know before even seeing it that it's going to be informative and well done.

I have only one problem with your video, on the video introduction it is written as "This video goes over set bonus, stat goals, utilities and my opener in PvP. If you have nay questions lemme know!"

Please fix the word "any" that is typo'd as "nay." :p

Thanks Krea, I will watch your video later when I got time. I know before even seeing it that it's going to be informative and well done.

I have only one problem with your video, on the video introduction it is written as "This video goes over set bonus, stat goals, utilities and my opener in PvP. If you have nay questions lemme know!"

Please fix the word "any" that is typo'd as "nay." :p

Fixed

Thanks Krea, that's a really good tip on the 7th piece being an Amplifier. Good looking out.

I watched the first half of the video, so you probably went into the Reaping Strike tactical as well. The supercrits with 2 stacks of voltage and the Death Knell set are akin to maul supercrits, and the extra RS fills in that hole in the rotation where 3 voltaic slashes would go in from time to time.

I like your video, thank you for the good work.

Edited by Monterone

Hey guys, made a video for those interested in playing Deception Assassin and seeing what it can do in PvP.

Enjoy:

Appreciate your guides as usual , i remember back in the day i first saw your stuff on dulfy and hopped on that Sin life :D

But im rather dissapointed in the devs. not thinking about adding a dr/cd or a simple cannot equip in combat restriction for these tacticals. This is a game breaking and I hope it's gonna be adressed really soon.

Thanks Krea, that's a really good tip on the 7th piece being an Amplifier. Good looking out.

I watched the first half of the video, so you probably went into the Reaping Strike tactical as well. The supercrits with 2 stacks of voltage and the Death Knell set are akin to maul supercrits, and the extra RS fills in that hole in the rotation where 3 voltaic slashes would go in from time to time.

I like your video, thank you for the good work.

Yup, I go over that tactical in the last half of the video

Thanks, your videos save life for tanks :D when people exactly follow it :)

30% damage redcution from 1st opener, thanks :D ( I was wondering for months why they keep repeat it even seeing kinetic ward) :D

Didn't get about 7th piece ...should be exact set piece or can be any ? yes/no and why please.

Also did another char had all resists like againts weapon and force attacks? because That will lower much that pretty numbers.

Edited by alexzk

What kinda sucks is the Tactical swaping, this is only possible when you have a stealth class so this makes sins and mainly operatives quite OP. I really wonder how this will show in the game over time.

More like how long will it take Bioware to Nerf the ability to swap them in a WZ. The QQ from the tactical swapping is going to be immense.

More like how long will it take Bioware to Nerf the ability to swap them in a WZ. The QQ from the tactical swapping is going to be immense.

And deservedly so. Only sins and ops, and maras, will be able to use it with any kind of consistency. The devs clearly didn't account for it when balancing, so it's just a straight up huge advantage for stealth classes. How can you even counter a good sin now? If you ignore them, they will just shred you with probably the best burst in the game as krea demonstrated. If you focus them, then they can use two cloaks + life ward, plus they can always pick and choose when to engage from stealth, and they can offguard and use the shroud tactical. It's going to be a disaster if Bioware doesn't remove tactical swapping.

And just to be clear, I applaud Krea for making a good guide. Sins should absolutely be taking advantage of this as long as it's in the game. But Bioware should not allow this to happen.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

Because God forbid stealth classes use stealth to their advantage?

Shadows hitting for 35k (relative lvl 70 terms) is suddenly a problem when maras, juggs, mercs have been doing it for months? Alright.

They’re are hitting for almost 100k which about half your health bar. And we’re not talking about predictable Aimed Shots or slow moving Demo Rounds. They’re almost to the point that 1.0 Scoundrels were at.

Enjoy:

I have a question regarding the rest of the rotation during a fight, that’s assuming you don’t finish them with the opener :p

Are you using the new ability at all in pvp? I’ve not played any yet as I’ve been grinding away to get gear and I feel that new ability (severing slash) is useless in pve content.

Also, what are your priorities after the opener? Have they changed at all since 5.x ?

I have a question regarding the rest of the rotation during a fight, that’s assuming you don’t finish them with the opener :p

Are you using the new ability at all in pvp? I’ve not played any yet as I’ve been grinding away to get gear and I feel that new ability (severing slash) is useless in pve content.

Also, what are your priorities after the opener? Have they changed at all since 5.x ?

New ability is totally useless. You could use it in place of lacerate if you're gonna hit like 4+ people but otherwise it's not worth it because the hit range of the ability is just garbage.

Priorities after opener (assuming you're using Blade of the Elements): Reaping Strike > Discharge > Maul > Ball Lightning > Voltaic Slash

Because God forbid stealth classes use stealth to their advantage?

Shadows hitting for 35k (relative lvl 70 terms) is suddenly a problem when maras, juggs, mercs have been doing it for months? Alright.

Appart from the big hitting ability Discharge as you could see in Kreas video, he used only Maul 3x and they all hit for a big amount, not sure I have ever seen that in this game.

Appart from the big hitting ability Discharge as you could see in Kreas video, he used only Maul 3x and they all hit for a big amount, not sure I have ever seen that in this game.

That's what any sin hits for in regs atm , above 60k if you didn't see that hit it's because you hardly pvp or haven't faced a "decent' sin. But the fact is they are broken this patch and need to be toned down.