I enjoyed with this 6.0 expansion, not sure what you people talking about

ShieldProtection

This 6.0 expansion was actually good and I enjoyed with the story content, it is longer than Iokath and previous updates, amazing voice acting (especially Darth Savik and Darth Shaar) good amount of fun humor and nice dialogues. I play this game for story only anyways and I got that right in this expansion/update/patch or whatever you call it, we all asked for a new story and we got it, but sadly many of you still not happy. Perhaps you should stop playing bioware games because all you do is ***** and moan in every single update. Only because you people are extremely hard to please.

This is not world of warcraft, FFFXII or any other mmo and BioWare are not Blizzard. this is a small budget game and if you expect way too much then its your fault, you people should have learn that by now but instead of appreciate what we have as a only star wars game, you people choose to blame to devs for everything, I do not care about gear as many people like myself playing this game only for story, nothing more. If your a pvper/raider, then you are in wrong game anyways.

This is absolutely why BioWare stopped good amount of communication with you people LONG ago. Hate too much, whine too much, you will get hate in return.

Edited by ShieldProtection

I agree the story is awesome. However, this is not a story-only game. This is a MMO. It has other aspects beside the story, like gearing and crafting and both of those are terrible now, Just because you personally dont care about those aspects, does not mean everyone else should just blindly accept the changes to them.

And who the hell are you anyway to tell other people how they should play?

Edited by Gelious

I agree the story is awesome. However, this is not a story-only game. This is a MMO. It has other aspects beside the story, like gearing and crafting and both of those are terrible now, Just because you personally dont care about those aspects, does not mean everyone else should just blindly accept the changes to them.

Agree 100%.

I like the story of Onslaught very much. I would be personally delighted if Bioware spent much less time reinventing gameplay systems like gearing and crafting (in ways that clearly don't work for a lot of people) and instead focused all that development energy purely on story. However, that's not what they've chosen to do. (And when they did focus much more heavily on story, it seems to have gone down sufficiently poorly with the playerbase, or investors, or someone, that they ended up having to curtail half their planned chapters, which in the end didn't help story.) When in 6.0 their other efforts don't succeed as well as story, we've got to criticize, because they need to know what to improve to have a better chance of keeping people around and thus having the game continue.

Edited by Estelindis

This 6.0 expansion was actually good and I enjoyed with the story content

I agree. It may be a bit short for an 'expansion', but the quality was very good, voice acting, returning characters (and not just the companion ones), design of Onderon and the asteroid and so on. I especially loved the Empire side of things because

their 'united' Empire approach is totally reasonable and there seems to be some reflection now within the Sith -> an intelligent Dark Council and not some permanent backstabbing bunch of idiots. And a reasonable explanation why Malgus would be under the control of Empress Acina at the end

(I feel like the story was written for the Empire and then adapted for the Republic side.)

Please more of this.

I enjoyed the story too, but that's it, the story is done.

So now what - run hammer Station and EV and heroics ad nauseam while in a mega conquest guild to get enough materials to craft one item while getting a bunch of random +2 non modular non itemized gear pieces, the vast majority of which will be decon trash?

This 6.0 expansion was actually good and I enjoyed with the story content, it is longer than Iokath and previous updates, amazing voice acting (especially Darth Savik and Darth Shaar) good amount of fun humor and nice dialogues. I play this game for story only anyways and I got that right in this expansion/update/patch or whatever you call it, we all asked for a new story and we got it, but sadly many of you still not happy. Perhaps you should stop playing bioware games because all you do is ***** and moan in every single update. Only because you people are extremely hard to please.

This is not world of warcraft, FFFXII or any other mmo and BioWare are not Blizzard. this is a small budget game and if you expect way too much then its your fault, you people should have learn that by now but instead of appreciate what we have as a only star wars game, you people choose to blame to devs for everything, I do not care about gear as many people like myself playing this game only for story, nothing more. If your a pvper/raider, then you are in wrong game anyways.

This is absolutely why BioWare stopped good amount of communication with you people LONG ago. Hate too much, whine too much, you will get hate in return.

Lets face it, the expansion was overblown. We clearly were hyped for this new massive batte, however what we got can be called a little skirmish. Where do i even begin: immediately after start, we are informed that Empire plans a massive assault on new shipyard on Corellia and assembled the biggest fleet for it. Well, biggest fleet ever should probably consist of more then 2 groups of 2 Harrower-class dreadnoughts and a bunch of Terminus-class destroyers. Seriously, was it hard to show like 10? That would make all the difference and show the scale of upcoming battle. After that we get to Onderon, which looks stunning, there is just no way around it. Again, however, there is next to nothing to do on actual planet. Beyond actual looks story feels generic and unfinished. For example, story on Rishi wasn't that bigger, however when i was leaving for Yavin, i felt like it, not like "wait, that's it?" It's not as if im asking for bigger planet, no, merely more substance within. It really was a poor plot writing. Similar on Mek-Sha, great looks, but even less content. And finaly flashpoint, that makes you wonder, what happened to original writers who designed old vanilla flashpoints. Though, i gotta give it to them, for finally getting a chance to join original faction back and getting back the title, im willing to neglect much for that. Boyond that, there are gearing, crafting, class balance, all of which are terrible. I agree with Estelindis here, BWA originally portrayed this game as heavy on story, so where is it? They need to finally invest more resources into it, and hire COMPETENT writers.

Edited by Spoloma

Lets face it, the expansion was overblown. We clearly were hyped for this new massive batte, however what we got can be called a little skirmish. Where do i even begin: immediately after start, we are informed that Empire plans a massive assault on new shipyard on Corellia and assembled the biggest fleet for it. Well, biggest fleet ever should probably consist of more then 2 groups of 2 Harrower-class dreadnoughts and a bunch of Terminus-class destroyers. Seriously, was it hard to show like 10? That would make all the difference and show the scale of upcoming battle. After that we get to Onderon, which looks stunning, there is just no way around it. Again, however, there is next to nothing to do on actual planet. Beyond actual looks story feels generic and unfinished. For example, story on Rishi wasn't that bigger, however when i was leaving for Yavin, i felt like it, not like "wait, that's it?" It's not as if im asking for bigger planet, no, merely more substance within. It really was a poor plot writing. Similar on Mek-Sha, great looks, but even less content. And finaly flashpoint, that makes you wonder, what happened to original writers who designed old vanilla flashpoints. Though, i gotta give it to them, for finally getting a chance to join original faction back and getting back the title, im willing to neglect much for that. Boyond that, there are gearing, crafting, class balance, all of which are terrible. I agree with Trixxie here, BWA originally portrayed this game as heavy on story, so where is it? They need to finally invest more resources into it, and hire COMPETENT writers.

Lets face it, lets admit it, lets agree, lets be honest.....

hmmmm..

sounds very similar...

• 3 years of grinding RNG gear...

• 2 years of a disastrously implemented server merge which saw all American servers merge to two lone East Coast servers, one whose main population consists of RP and the other made-up of a declining APAC-West Coast playerbase...

• 1 year of grinding a weekly bosses - of which when not bugged involved a boss which had players spend more time running back and forth from respawn areas. If the player did not make it back to raid in time they did not get credit for defeating the boss.

When 4.0 was launched the chapters and it's associated trailers met with widespread acclaim - if only because the content contrasted positively against Disney's output. 4.0's streamlined currency system made up for any issue with the Outlander story. Once a full set of pvp or raid gear was released the forums were spammed with "more end game content" and for some reason "more group content".

Once 5.0 was released (fewer yet more difficult and time consuming chapters were dropped (all at once as requested) alongside EA's endgame RNG subscribe-to-grind scheme was implemented.

Now three years later we are met with even more RNG mechanics only rearranged to other areas i.e. RNG gear based upon a character''s gear rank or via directly vendored RNG gear boxcrates which now require millions of credits alongside a new in-game currency "tech fragments".

At this point might was convert the title to free-to-play Battle Royale

Edited by jimmorrisson

The story was very good. I enjoyed it and they have totally taken steps in the right direction with it ( including more comps / alliance friends etc ). Lack of romance for many LI's is still an issue that I hope they resolve soon, that part was disappointing. Looking forward to what's coming next for the story - but we better get a chance to talk to Theron about you-know-what.. Some kind of reaction from him is to be expected. Especially romanced.

Looking forward to what's coming next for the story - but we better get a chance to talk to Theron about you-know-what.. Some kind of reaction from him is to be expected.

Yeah, once we learned of you-know-what, I swapped my current companion to Theron to see if he reacted. Not a peep! But I can't imagine he won't have things to say in the next installment.

I guess... if I had to make one reserved comment about the amount of story, it's that I had the impression we previously went through a story drought so they could put the work in and give us a big 6.0 story. Now I like the 6.0 story. And we clearly have much more story in 6.0 than in the last few installments. I'm especially a fan of the branching. Nonetheless, what we got this time did strike me as the start of a story, as something helping to set up some interesting future story. And I guess I kinda thought we were done with set-up. Now of course we do want anything we do story-wise to be connected with the future, so 6.0 setting up future stuff is not a criticism per se... I guess I just want a sense that we won't be waiting as long for 6.1 story as we did for 6.0.

Edited by Estelindis

And who the hell are you anyway to tell other people how they should play?

On the one hand I get what you're saying. On the other hand I think you are mistaken about something.

When SWTOR was launched, story was put as one of its main pillars in all advertisements. When people left in Mass Exoduses, it never was over the systems, although the systems have been complained about and people have left because of them.

This two single greatest mass Exoduses the game ever sustained, were first when they let on there would be no more class stories, and 2nd right after 5.00 within 3 months as many of the class stories were crapped on by the 5.0 storyline.

Systems can be changed and improved on based on feedback. But they aren't going to go back and redo stories to make them better there for these need to be excellent from the get-go.

Having completely played through the entire expansion storyline now, I can tell you that this story was the closest thing I felt to classic SWTOR in a long damn time and one of the better stories. Onderon did lag and they could have gone more into just what a dangerous place it is reflecting the comics.

But Mek-sha was superb and the story for the corellia flashpoint was fantastic as was all the environment surrounding it within the flashpoint. I felt like the opening of that really portrayed a war going on possibly the best any point in the game has ever really conveyed.

And the ending with malgus was really well done as a tease.

These elements more than anything else will lead to the return of many of the people who left overstory. And as people who were familiar with the class stories playthrough, when they get that nostalgic feeling back they will feel like BioWare finally has things together and will likely stick around.

story isn't everything but when it comes to Star wars, story is absolutely King. and from neck shot on, at least for me playing a bounty hunter saboteur, the story was absolutely fantastic.

Having completely played through the entire expansion storyline now, I can tell you that this story was the closest thing I felt to classic SWTOR in a long damn time and one of the better stories.

That we can agree on. Playing through that expansion, no matter how mediocre i think it is, brought that nostalgia for good old days in swtor. Really glad they are finally going back to old ways. Lets see how they will play it out.

Having completely played through the entire expansion storyline now, I can tell you that this story was the closest thing I felt to classic SWTOR in a long damn time and one of the better stories.

I agree with this too. The new storyline felt in many ways like a return to form, and an affectionate one at that: there were so many references and callbacks to past story elements that it feels like it had to have been written by someone(s) who loved the vanilla story.

I am still hoping for many more such elements in the future, particularly some attention for a range of different companions who've been silent for some time. But 6.0 even gave us some hope for this, with some input from the Mandalorian companions on Mek-Sha, Gault contributing where appropriate, etc. If these can be cycled fairly, so that characters whose companions are most neglected can get some extra love, then I'll be delighted.

Edited by Estelindis

Lets face it, the expansion was overblown. We clearly were hyped for this new massive batte, however what we got can be called a little skirmish. Where do i even begin: immediately after start, we are informed that Empire plans a massive assault on new shipyard on Corellia and assembled the biggest fleet for it. Well, biggest fleet ever should probably consist of more then 2 groups of 2 Harrower-class dreadnoughts and a bunch of Terminus-class destroyers. Seriously, was it hard to show like 10? That would make all the difference and show the scale of upcoming battle. After that we get to Onderon, which looks stunning, there is just no way around it. Again, however, there is next to nothing to do on actual planet. Beyond actual looks story feels generic and unfinished. For example, story on Rishi wasn't that bigger, however when i was leaving for Yavin, i felt like it, not like "wait, that's it?" It's not as if im asking for bigger planet, no, merely more substance within. It really was a poor plot writing. Similar on Mek-Sha, great looks, but even less content. And finaly flashpoint, that makes you wonder, what happened to original writers who designed old vanilla flashpoints. Though, i gotta give it to them, for finally getting a chance to join original faction back and getting back the title, im willing to neglect much for that. Boyond that, there are gearing, crafting, class balance, all of which are terrible. I agree with Estelindis here, BWA originally portrayed this game as heavy on story, so where is it? They need to finally invest more resources into it, and hire COMPETENT writers.

I hadn't even thought about how it was meant to be the biggest fleet ever assembled and you are right it was a very small fleet, given the build up. While the story at least for the Imperial side is two fairly similar goals, while the actual battle is a single flashpoint. As good as some of the dialogue was, its hard to say the story was epic in scope, rather they added a shipyard just to give the imperials something to blow up that doesn't effect anything cause by blowing it up everything is just as it was before.

While the new gearing system, I know I'm missing something, I'm sure they said if I got junk I could disintegrated it for Charles points, but all the rubbish I get which is strangely a lower level than what I'm wearing (which I thought was impossible) I can disintegrate for minimal renown or minimal credits. So even despite an incredible grind its mostly worthless. I must be missing something, that system cant be fun for anyone. Its so much worse than command crates at least then I could get my tiers up even if the gear was rubbish, now improving the level has no effect and nor does it appear does my item level either.

for those that say bioware cant do what blizzard or squaresoft is doing with their MMO's try to remember bioware has a big company called EA behind them it not that they cant do it EA wont let them the story is so short because EA does not belive is SWTOR and im expecting the game to not get to 7.0 when both the money not their to support the game and with better offered games out their

Agreed, I like this

I went in completely blind, never visited ptr, just read the website articles. And I felt very satisfied coming out of it.

Story was very nice. Basically SOR length like I was expecting. Left at a complete cliffhanger though, middle finger for that, I want the next part NOW thank you very much.

Ran into some bugs but nothing game breaking (except one daily quest that doesn't let me finish weekly on Onderon! Give me my weekly!). I would say my only gripe right now is crafting and getting schematics is necessarily hard resource-hog.

The gearing is a bit confusing, I still don't know what half of the amps I have even mean. But its FAST, plus amps and tacts and sets have so much variation. Everything is legacy bound so I don't have to worry about not being able to play alts when even a lot set-bonuses can be used universally. It's great. All of the gearing I've been doing so far has been great. All I ever want is to que stuff on my million alts and not worry about gear and this system lets me exactly that, do whaever I want on anything I want. Love it, really happy with the gear changes, great job on those :rod_smile_g:

Havent tried the ops yet cant say anything about that. Too busy doing silly pvp things with silly sets.

Edited by Kiesu

This 6.0 expansion was actually good and I enjoyed with the story content, it is longer than Iokath and previous updates, amazing voice acting (especially Darth Savik and Darth Shaar) good amount of fun humor and nice dialogues. I play this game for story only anyways and I got that right in this expansion/update/patch or whatever you call it, we all asked for a new story and we got it, but sadly many of you still not happy.

The fact that you talk about the expansion in the past, only 2 days after it went live, says all.

You compare Onslaught with Iokath. That's like comparing apples and oranges, as Iokath was just a small game update, while Onslaught is an expansion. Expansion, update, patch are all different things.

You say you play only for the story. And now you're done. After 48 hours. So, that's it for you then with the expansion. And for me, too, as I also mainly play for the story.

I think Onslaught is a decent update if you look from the story perspective. But I don't really see how it expanded the game.

I would be personally delighted if Bioware spent much less time reinventing gameplay systems like gearing and crafting (in ways that clearly don't work for a lot of people) and instead focused all that development energy purely on story.

Amen to that! I completely agree.

However, that's not what they've chosen to do. (And when they did focus much more heavily on story, it seems to have gone down sufficiently poorly with the playerbase, or investors, or someone, that they ended up having to curtail half their planned chapters, which in the end didn't help story.)

This will forever be the biggest riddle for me about Swtor. What exactly happened that they didn't go through with their plan? Those monthly story chapters were exactly the right kind of business model for me. I would have never thought about unsubbing. Too bad that they decided that a new operation spread through 15 months or so, was the way to go instead. :(

I agree, I have no clue why people are complaining. Probably for the sake of complaining. I loved the story and the dialogue was great. The humor was spot on, and the overall story was entertaining.

I notice everyone is quick to blame Bioware for everything they think is wrong. EA pulls the chains blame them. We all know EA is more about money than quality. I admit the Nautolan could have been a bit better textured, but heck that can be changed later.

I can't wait for the rest of the expansion. It was just a bit too short. I finished it in 3 hours. I am getting all my main characters through just to be ready for the rest of it.

I agree, I have no clue why people are complaining. Probably for the sake of complaining. I loved the story and the dialogue was great. The humor was spot on, and the overall story was entertaining.

I notice everyone is quick to blame Bioware for everything they think is wrong. EA pulls the chains blame them. We all know EA is more about money than quality. I admit the Nautolan could have been a bit better textured, but heck that can be changed later.

I can't wait for the rest of the expansion. It was just a bit too short. I finished it in 3 hours. I am getting all my main characters through just to be ready for the rest of it.

There's actually a lot more that BioWare is to blame for than you think. If you get a chance, look in the off topic forum for a thread by Lhancelot - a former tester compiled a lot of stuff that brings a ton of clarity to what the hell happened to this game, covering from Launch to just before Keith took over.

It's clear to me now that since Keith did take over, the game is trending in a better direction. The question is just how far it will go.

The main thing that held bioware back in the past was their business model for SWTOR - it was their stated business model that they wanted people to leave, to unsub, and just come back when there is more content. No BS. This is what they wanted.

Knowing that, now go back and read the SWTOR.com article from March titled Under the Hood - they talk about engine improvements, including improvements that will help them push out content quicker.

Not sure if they are ready yet to provide a steady stream of content, but if they are trending that way, then once they pop the cork and let the content start flowing, I think you will see this game quickly make a turnaround in terms of popularity.

this is a small budget game and if you expect way too much then its your fault,.

You know this game had one of the largest MMO budgets ever right? But its the players fault they crapped it away on stuff that hamstrung the game like on a alpha version of Hero Engine that Hero Engine themselves disavowed because Bioware screwed it up so bad.

Its also the players fault that even now, with it being the only SW MMO in town and SW being an active IP with new films out every year, that the population is minimal right?