New Crafting Mats tab is underwhelming

HoloTweed

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.) I dunno I’m kinda in the same boat as other folks, do you NEED all that sorting? I mean, I guess if a guild member asked you, “hey, do you have any Grade 8 artifact medical supplies?” then the sort would be helpful. But, if I found I was out of them, I’d probably ask my guildies not for the “Grade 8 artifact medical supply” but “Autoimmune Regulators” which is why the alphabetical sort is a good first implementation.

Interesting! I almost never think about the mats by name, just by category (or even by location in legacy storage). Maybe I'll try using names--it will probably be more immersive. :)

I think it could be improved upon, massively. As it is I'm not using it aside from what I'm collecting, my legacy bays are going to remain the same for the time being (I even purchased an extra tab due to how poorly this has been implemented).

I had already started porting over mats before I realized the limitations of the new tab. Not that it would matter, because all new mats will go in there automatically.

For those of us who have a lot of materials, being able to see at a glance what we have, without having to scroll down a list, would be more preferable. Even having a "favourites" checkbox to raise certain materials to the top of the list would be useful.

This is really what I was hoping for when the news was announced. I had mats arranged by type, level, and rarity and knew them by icon appearance and location rather than the actual mat name. This alphabetical listing is of no help to me. It was fine for buying supplmental supplies from the crafting vendor, but insufficient for keeping up with a wealth of mats across crafting types, especially with all the new mats we're being inundated with.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it isn't a welcome addition, but it's a poorly implemented addition. At least it'll free up my character inventory when gathering I guess.

Yeah, that was my point from the get-go. It's better than nothing but underwhelming compared to what we could have received. It's pretty obvious.

Interesting! I almost never think about the mats by name, just by category (or even by location in legacy storage). Maybe I'll try using names--it will probably be more immersive. :)

Hah, exactly! I was typing my last response while you were posting this... the same thing for me. I knew mats by category and location (knowing they were logically sorted type>level>rarity). Now I have to mouse-over every whozit whatchamacallit to find out all that information.

I agree. It's just as good as the one ESO has, and I've never had any problems with that one.

Without Add-Ons ESO's inventory management system is just about the worst in the MMORPG industry.

I say that as someone who has spent more time Crafting in ESO than any other content.

All The Best

Why would a crafting mats tab be overwhelming? It is a tab, for your mats. Get a grip man.

You apparently misread my title. I said the Mats tab is UNDERwhelming. I would have been happy if it was just... um... whelming. Other than that, everything is gripped that is legally allowed.

You apparently misread my title. I said the Mats tab is UNDERwhelming. I would have been happy if it was just... um... whelming. Other than that, everything is gripped that is legally allowed.

I didn't misread anything. Your title implies that everything in your life has to be amazing, even the mundane, and god forbid if it is not. Everyone will hear how terrible life is because you can't sort mats the way your desensitized mind envisioned. Perhaps a blog would be a better avenue for your outbursts no? Maybe a YouTube short film on the subject?

I definitely agree this was underwhelming (but I'd go further and say this is a net negative). There are so many crafting materials I don't know by name, that hovering over every item in the Treasure Hunting or other section is far more tiresome than looking in legacy bay 2, seeing everything in a nice line from 1 to 10 and knowing what and how much of everything I have. I'll be pulling mats out of this materials inventory until it gets a UI upgrade.

They need to revamp it fast. They can't just leave it as a list like this. I get that it frees up storage and that's great. And if you see how much more crafting mats were created under level 11, it's obvious we can't keep putting them in storage. But they need more sorting options showing the levels.

Sadly, we're looking at months or more before they upgrade this.

Without Add-Ons ESO's inventory management system is just about the worst in the MMORPG industry.

Except add-ons are available. Not so here.

I think I am going to have to just pull my mats back out of the new storage and put them back in legacy bank for now. The default sorting and scrolling is just obnoxious

The mats tab could use some basic sort and filter options, such as skill type, material type, grade, and quality.

Also why the list view for mats tab when everything else inventory related is a grid, a long scrolling list is just annoying.

Edited by DawnAskham

The mats tab could use some basic sort and filter options, such as skill type, material type, grade, and quality.

Also why the list view for mats tab when everything else inventory related is a grid, a long scrolling list is just annoying.

Agree, especially for us OCD types.

And when you right click it sends the mats to the crappy mat storage instead of into my lovely sorted legacy bank... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

However, by changing the quality on the diamond sorter, you only have to move white items by hand and can right click stuff back into the legacy bank if it is green or better. Thank god for this work around.

So wait. You're outrage is that they didn't do all the work for you?

no the outrage is that it's considerably less useful than leaving mats in legacy bank....

with legacy bank you had proper sorting, at a glance knowledge of relative mat levels, and it didn't hide relevant information from you, randomly reset your view, or force you use it.

literally the only useful thing thing that the new mat storage does is free up other cargo bay space... that's it. everything else it makes more of a PITA

However, by changing the quality on the diamond sorter, you only have to move white items by hand and can right click stuff back into the legacy bank if it is green or better. Thank god for this work around.

doesn't work, mission mats and world nodes are auto placed directly into mat storage regardless of setting

a long scrolling list is just annoying.

Which is why it only gets used for Grade 11 materials in my instance.

doesn't work, mission mats and world nodes are auto placed directly into mat storage regardless of setting

That's the first thing I tried. Now I just have to manually pull them out after gathering, collected materials from both gathering and missions completely bypass the inventory system.

Edited by Transcendent