StarWars.com Tweets out Onslaught release trailer. Folks, this is a soft relaunch!

ZionHalcyon

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be hyped when they quit spending precious development hours reinventing the wheel for a gear system that could be simple and instead put those hours into making new content, or improving antiquated systems in the game that have been neglected for years.

The fact that most of the back and forth about PTS content was to do with gear is hysterical. This game is content starved and rife with shoddy systems they use as excuses for the game's inadequacies and the bulk of our attention in feedback was pressured to focus on yet another new gear system, infested with mechanisms nobody asked for, because they probably have a custom dictionary for words in the english language and under the word 'simple,' there's just some mangled marriage of the quadratic formula and an intern's unfinished calculus homework, hard-coded into the game's engine, in a combination of javascript and php.

If the story is good, not many will care.

If the story is good, not many will care.

The aftermath of 5.0 would like to have a word with you.

Nothing personal. Just... that perspective on it doesn't make any sense at all, given the history. And given that they are still trying to appeal to two distinct groups (hardcore raiders and pvpers) who care very much about things that aren't story.

Lol, my reaction was sort of the opposite to everyone else.

I've just been quietly looking forward to seeing what was in store, but as soon as I saw this, all I thought was "so I get to fight this failure again? Yay?"

Literally anything else would have been more exciting.

Edited by JuventusAndFCK

The aftermath of 5.0 would like to have a word with you.

Nothing personal. Just... that perspective on it doesn't make any sense at all, given the history. And given that they are still trying to appeal to two distinct groups (hardcore raiders and pvpers) who care very much about things that aren't story.

Oh, we've had words. And it crapped all over the pre-existing story, which is why I left for a year and many others also left.